Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
LaineyParker

Change in shareholder benefits

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, LaineyParker said:

The reservation refers to the cruise booking. As answered by others earlier, this date is renewed each year or has been thus far.

Understood.  Thanks.

Fortunately, my CCL stock dividends largely pays for a  stateroom these days.  SOBC is an added perk. 👍

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Not only does it encourage people to buy the stock, but it also encourages them once they have it to pick a cruise line owned by Carnival corporation as opposed to one owned by a different company.

 

Since we bought the stock, we have only sailed on Princess, Carnival, and Holland America. I won't say we would never again sail on a non-Carnival line, but we look at them first. 

We have sailed on Celebrity (our original go-to line) twice since we bought Carnival stock about 10 yrs ago or so <g>.  And that was only because I found out we would be Elite by doing so.  The second time was to enjoy that Elite status.  So now we've done 31 cruises on Princess, 11 on X, and 8 on HAL (also Carnival Corp).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

We have sailed on Celebrity (our original go-to line) twice since we bought Carnival stock about 10 yrs ago or so <g>.  And that was only because I found out we would be Elite by doing so.  The second time was to enjoy that Elite status.  So now we've done 31 cruises on Princess, 11 on X, and 8 on HAL (also Carnival Corp).

 

Good for you!   👍.  Looking forward to your 100th?

Enjoy your next cruises.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

 

Good for you!   Looking forward to #100?

Enjoy your next cruises.

 

Thanks for the sentiment, but currently we're unable to cruise due to health problems. 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

 

Thanks for the sentiment, but currently we're unable to cruise due to health problems. 😥

 

So sorry to hear. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Aren't you supposed to report it as income? 

 

SOBC is "non-refundable", so the IRS considers it a "discount", not "income".  ( IANAL, YMMV )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haboob said:

 

SOBC is "non-refundable", so the IRS considers it a "discount", not "income".  ( IANAL, YMMV )

Yes....as so I've been told already.

You can see that I haven't been reporting it. :classic_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 3:24 PM, Astro Flyer said:

beg3yrs explained why we can get SOBC issued long before a cruise which has applied to all of cruises since then.  We’ve been issued SOBC as long as 23 months prior to a cruise & all of our recent & future cruises had the SOBC immediately issued long before our cruises.

 

Last week, I tried to get the benefit for a May 2020 cruise, and no dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

 

Last week, I tried to get the benefit for a May 2020 cruise, and no dice.

 

Read the online SOBC instructions.

You are requesting  SOBC way too early.   Request 30-14 days prior to embarkation cruise.  That to ensure you are a current stockholders at time of you cruise.  

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

 

Last week, I tried to get the benefit for a May 2020 cruise, and no dice.

We have 2 cruise booked so far for 2020 (March/June) and the shareholder was applied to both.

I sent it in last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

 

Last week, I tried to get the benefit for a May 2020 cruise, and no dice.

 

How did they in notify you it was denied?

 

We’re on the same cruise & had the SOBC issued months ago.  I occasionally read about someone being denied however the majority have it quickly issued like Colo Cruiser.  Some who were initially denied reapplied & had it issued so you might try resubmitting your request.

 

32 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We have 2 cruise booked so far for 2020 (March/June) and the shareholder was applied to both.

I sent it in last month.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

 

Read the online SOBC instructions.

You are requesting  SOBC way too early.   Request 30-14 days prior to embarkation cruise.  That to ensure you are a current stockholders at time of you cruise.  

Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad.   You can submit the form with documents no later than 14 days from cruise.

 So your request is timely and with proper documents should be approved for your 2020 cruise.

Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as I get it, I am happy.  Don't even worry about asking until after final payment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Last week, I tried to get the benefit for a May 2020 cruise, and no dice.

 

I too am curious regarding how you were notified it was denied. I have 3 cruises B2B2B booked for November 10 2020, November 16 2020, and November 29 2019. I have applied my Shareholder OBC to all of them. I sent in the info and it appeared on my personalizer in maybe an hour or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

 

I too am curious regarding how you were notified it was denied. I have 3 cruises B2B2B booked for November 10 2020, November 16 2020, and November 29 2019. I have applied my Shareholder OBC to all of them. I sent in the info and it appeared on my personalizer in maybe an hour or so.

Did you fax or e-mail?  I tried to e-mail and it got bounced back to me so I sent it snail mail on July 1.  My Shareholder OBC is already showing for a February 2, 2020 sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Did you fax or e-mail?  I tried to e-mail and it got bounced back to me so I sent it snail mail on July 1.  My Shareholder OBC is already showing for a February 2, 2020 sailing.

 

Several years ago they stopped accepting emailed requests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're booked on the Enchanted for an October 2020 cruise and received the credit two hours after faxing it in.  I was very impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Did you fax or e-mail?  I tried to e-mail and it got bounced back to me so I sent it snail mail on July 1.  My Shareholder OBC is already showing for a February 2, 2020 sailing.

 

They haven't accepted email requests for quite some time. I've heard that they "may" accept them from the UK but don't know if that's accurate. I fax my requests. I no longer work (w00t!) so can't fax them from the office so I use faxzero.com and send them free of charge. I attach my requests and they go right through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always emailed my shareholder benefits to Princess UK and had them applied around the 3 month mark, if I submit them any earlier the request is put on ice. I use the email address benefits@princess.co.uk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thrak said:

so I use faxzero.com and send them free of charge.

 

Remember:

If it's on the internet and it's free, you (and your information) is what is being sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Haboob said:

 

Remember:

If it's on the internet and it's free, you (and your information) is what is being sold.

GAH!   😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, Pam in CA said:

Maybe it’s not many but I bought my first 100 shares years ago at about $23 and have since bought substantially more as a “position.” I’ve done very well between the dividends and stock price increase. 

 

Buying stock is always a gamble and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I think the current price dip is due to the recent environmental fines publicity. The stock dipped after the Concordia accident and recovered nicely. 

Same here. Bought our first shares years ago when it was in the teens. I've added to the position, sold it all and re-bought over the years as the price has fluctuated due to the market conditions. Since we hold it in our IRA-SEP, no worries about capital gains over the years. 

 

And as a side fact RCL has done even better, from share price appreciation, over the years than CCL. We own both and I've held more RCL at times than CCL due to that vary fact. 

 

Cheers, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...