Cruise Critic Community
Lvntrvl

Specialty dining package question

We received a 5 dinner SDP for our transatlantic cruise on the Pearl as a booking incentive.   I just tried to make reservations and see that Cagney’s, Le Bistro, and La Cocina all indicate that pricing is “a la carte”.  Only Moderno and Teppanyaki list $0 in the pricing.  They are all listed under the SDP options.  Can someone please explain how this works? Thank you!

I'm curious too...

Subscribed

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

Your meal at Carneys, Le Bisto and La Cucina is also covered by the SDP. The reference to a la carte is because that is how it is charged if you don't have the SDP. You are limited to one entree in Cagneys or Le Bistro and there have occasionally been some other additional costs (i.e. an uncharge for Shrimp Cocktail in Cagneys) but they will be notified. I believe that the Shrimp Cocktail uncharge has gone away with the recent repricing.

Your waiter may say that there are also limits to the number of apps or desserts, but they are wrong. If you order multiples then you won't be charged (based on reported experiences). The T&Cs only mention the limit of one entree.

Edited by KeithJenner

53 minutes ago, Lvntrvl said:

We received a 5 dinner SDP for our transatlantic cruise on the Pearl as a booking incentive.   I just tried to make reservations and see that Cagney’s, Le Bistro, and La Cocina all indicate that pricing is “a la carte”.  Only Moderno and Teppanyaki list $0 in the pricing.  They are all listed under the SDP options.  Can someone please explain how this works? Thank you!

You can use your package at Moderno, Teppanyaki, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney’s for free. Multiple appetizers, a single entree, and multiple desserts at the a la carte restaurants. You can also use it at the sushi bar for a $7 upcharge. 

How does the package work at Food Republic. Thank You for any info

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JuneauMe said:

How does the package work at Food Republic. Thank You for any info

I originally posted saying that it doesn't, but it may be that isn't the case any more (It didn't used to be included).

The T&C's say that you get 4 menu items included.

Edited by KeithJenner

Just now, KeithJenner said:

It doesn't

Bummer!  Thank you for the inf

Just now, JuneauMe said:

Bummer!  Thank you for the inf

I've just changed my original post. I may have been wrong. Perhaps someone with up to date info may be able to confirm.

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I've just changed my original post. I may have been wrong. Perhaps someone with up to date info may be able to confirm.

That is a very recent change. We will be cruising in a few weeks (already pulled the cases out) and will see exactly how it works. 

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Thank you

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That is a very recent change. We will be cruising in a few weeks (already pulled the cases out) and will see exactly how it works. 

Any info will be appreciated 

I too have the 5 package and wondered what happens if I have more than 5 speciality  reservations.  Does it cover the first 5 in order?  Also, how does it work with Cirque?   Does that reservation take 1 of your 5 options?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Contessa30 said:

I too have the 5 package and wondered what happens if I have more than 5 speciality  reservations.  Does it cover the first 5 in order?  Also, how does it work with Cirque?   Does that reservation take 1 of your 5 options?

Thanks!

You let the know when you arrive how you want to pay for each meal. If you want to pay directly for your first meal then just let them know.