Cruise Critic Community
Coral

Loyalty OBC - 1x or 2x

Posted (edited)

I have a booked a cruise that has one booking number but is really 2 cruises combined. 

Do I get just 1 loyalty OBC or 2? The cruise has 2 cruise credits associated with it.

I should know this but can't seem to remember.

Edited by Coral

Sorry just one. That is one of the things I consider when booking a b2b cruise.

3 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Sorry just one. That is one of the things I consider when booking a b2b cruise.

Thanks. That is what I thought. 

Though if I remember correctly - I get 2 Elite setups, right? One on embarkation and one on turnaround day. I do usually book these as 2 separate cruises but this one it made sense to book as 1.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Thanks. That is what I thought. 

Though if I remember correctly - I get 2 Elite setups, right? One on embarkation and one on turnaround day. I do usually book these as 2 separate cruises but this one it made sense to book as 1.

Yes

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, skynight said:

Yes

Sometimes Princess just doesn't make sense. Just sayin'. :classic_cool:

Edited by Coral

If you list yourselves at separate addresses you will receive x 2

21 hours ago, Coral said:

I have a booked a cruise that has one booking number but is really 2 cruises combined. 

Do I get just 1 loyalty OBC or 2? The cruise has 2 cruise credits associated with it.

I should know this but can't seem to remember.

We always book our cruises individually and get loyalty credit on both as well as well as the setups. Sometimes pricing as 1 cruise can be beneficial even though you'll miss out on the loyalty credit. 

You'll always get the cruise credits no matter which way you book. 

I just finished my back-to-back cruises on Wednesday. Mine were booked separately, so I received loyalty credits for both. The internet manager, though, said my free minutes were based on one cruise instead of two. A note to passenger services fixed that. I received my shareholder credits for two cruises instead of one 14-day cruise. The last would have been $50 more. They said a coffee package would work for both cruises, but I didn't have one. 

Posted (edited)

I am saving $1000 by booking it as 1 cruise so I will keep it that way.

The ship has MedallionNet internet so I will just get the unlimited for $129. Though I hear there maybe a discount to get once onboard. I may cancel this depending on what reports are before the cruise.

Thanks.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

The ship has MedallionNet internet so I will just get the unlimited for $129. Though I hear there maybe a discount to get once onboard. I may cancel this depending on what reports are before the cruise.

Thanks.

You can't beat that. :classic_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I just finished my back-to-back cruises on Wednesday. Mine were booked separately, so I received loyalty credits for both. The internet manager, though, said my free minutes were based on one cruise instead of two. A note to passenger services fixed that. I received my shareholder credits for two cruises instead of one 14-day cruise. The last would have been $50 more. They said a coffee package would work for both cruises, but I didn't have one. 

Interesting.

Maybe they'll continue to treat the coffee package that way on all their ships. 

No matter how you book a cruise, if it’s also sold in segments, you get a cruise credit for each segment. If it’s not posted to your Captain’s Circle account, just check with the Captain’s Circle host or call Princess. 

I recently sailed a B2B on the Royal. Booked as two separate cruises, which was a good thing because one cruise dropped significantly in price and I was able to take advantage of that. Each cruise was booked with a different promotion. 

When I boarded, my Medallion had my original boarding and final disembarkation date as though it was one cruise. I got two mini-bar set-ups, which you also get for each segment no matter how you booked it. And when I logged into the Internet, I was given only 250 days as though I’d booked a 14-day cruise. Went to the Internet Cafe and that was increased to 300 minutes (150 minutes for each cruise.) 

My onboard folio rolled over between cruises and the significant OBC I had for my 2nd cruise was credited so at the end of both cruises, I had very little final payment.  

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Thanks.

There is a discounted rate for Medallion Net  on the first day; at least that was our experience.

I usually advocate to book things as 2 but there was a savings on 1 and final payment is next week.

I asked Princess if i booked as one cruise instead of b2b would i get 2 free mini bar set ups free as an elite passenger. The answer was no because the i booked as 1 cruise and that is usually cheaper than b2b. 

7 minutes ago, KCTompkins said:

I asked Princess if i booked as one cruise instead of b2b would i get 2 free mini bar set ups free as an elite passenger. The answer was no because the i booked as 1 cruise and that is usually cheaper than b2b. 

You get minibar setups based on the shortest cruise you can book. So if a 14 day can be booked as a single cruise or a b2b, you will get 2 setups.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KCTompkins said:

Based on my experiences & those of many other passengers, you received misinformation from a Princess rep which sometimes happens.

I receive the same number of minibars as the number of cruise credits shown in my Cruise History.  I booked a cruise as a single 28 day cruise which can also be booked as 7/7/14 day cruises.  I have 3 cruise credits & thus will receive 3 minibars.

Their statement that it’s usually cheaper as a single cruise than as a B2B is misleading.  There are so many variables to consider such as credits & cruise fare that the best net price can vary from cruise to cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I couldn't book my recent b2b cruises as one cruise because the weren't any inside cabins available for both cruises. Princess ended up giving me an outside cabin. I met others onboard who had to switch cabins. The internet manager wouldn't change my minutes to reflect my separate bookings, but passenger services got him to do it. 

Other things to consider, if applicable, include military credit,  shareholder credit, and loyalty credit. 

1 minute ago, geoherb said:

I couldn't book my recent b2b cruises as one cruise because the weren't any inside cabins available for both cruises. Princess ended up giving me an outside cabin. I met others onboard who had to switch cabins. The internet manager wouldn't change my minutes to reflect my separate bookings, but passenger services got him to do it. 

Other things to consider, if applicable, include military credit,  shareholder credit, and loyalty credit. 

It is still way cheaper for me to book as one cruise.

The military credit on my 7 day cruises is $100; on a 14 day cruise it is $250.  I believe shareholder credit is the same.  So if I book two seven day cruises separately back to back, I get two cruise credits, $200. military credit ($100 for each 7 day leg) and $200 OBC for being a shareholder ($100 for each leg).

However if I book it as a 14 day cruise, (also available as two 7 day cruises), I get two cruise credits, $250 OBC for military credit and $250 OBC for shareholder credit.  So it pays to book as 14 day unless the cost is cheaper as two 7 day cruises.

4 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

The military credit on my 7 day cruises is $100; on a 14 day cruise it is $250.  I believe shareholder credit is the same.  So if I book two seven day cruises separately back to back, I get two cruise credits, $200. military credit ($100 for each 7 day leg) and $200 OBC for being a shareholder ($100 for each leg).

However if I book it as a 14 day cruise, (also available as two 7 day cruises), I get two cruise credits, $250 OBC for military credit and $250 OBC for shareholder credit.  So it pays to book as 14 day unless the cost is cheaper as two 7 day cruises.

If your number of past Princess cruises qualifies you for the Loyalty Credit, you will want to factor that into your cost comparison between booking as two shorter cruises or one longer cruise.

45 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

If your number of past Princess cruises qualifies you for the Loyalty Credit, you will want to factor that into your cost comparison between booking as two shorter cruises or one longer cruise.

Especially if you qualify for $100 loyalty credit. :classic_biggrin: