Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Calleekelly

Am I allowed to bring....

Recommended Posts

Hi! I am going to be Platinum for my next cruise in December BUT I’m leaving this Monday the 8th on the Dream and I have never brought any liquids with me... I want to bring “Drinkaid” for me to help with hangovers! It’s literally a miracle! They are sealed... some are sealed from the cap and some are sealed with the thin metal film (after opening the cap). Because it’s sealed I can bring it along, right!?!? Packed in my suitcase?

(I am checking my luggage.) Please someone help me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is available in cans I would guess you can carry on one 12 pack per person in stateroom.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would say since it is a liquid you should put it in your carry-on  luggage 

 

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Edited by hockeyguru32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think bringing Alka-Seltzer would be better.  No problem with carrying liquids, a lot lighter in weight, AND it forces you to drink water....which is what your body is missing anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look it up. I see a "Drinkade" (as opposed to Drinkaid as you said). Is that what you're talking about? If so, they are in plastic bottles, which are prohibited. As noted in hockeyguru's post, they have to be cans or cartons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's not in a can, forget about it. If you put it in your packed luggage, the X-ray machine will find it and it will be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

If it's not in a can, forget about it. If you put it in your packed luggage, the X-ray machine will find it and it will be removed.

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

 

 

I don't know what it is about it, but the fake orange juice drink they serve at breakfast in the machines on the Lido deck always does wonders for me! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MisterOJ2 said:

 

I don't know what it is about it, but the fake orange juice drink they serve at breakfast in the machines on the Lido deck always does wonders for me! 🙂

hmmm...have to try that one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hockeyguru32 said:

I would say since it is a liquid you should put it in your carry-on  luggage 

 

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Does this include drink box water bottles? Asking for a Canadian friend haha.

 

Seriously, I don't understand how cans of soda are ok but completely sealed 12 packs of water bottles aren't allowed. Is it an environmental thing? Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noledad77 said:

Does this include drink box water bottles? Asking for a Canadian friend haha.

 

Seriously, I don't understand how cans of soda are ok but completely sealed 12 packs of water bottles aren't allowed. Is it an environmental thing? Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

 

Plastic water bottles can be opened and refilled with booze. Cans can't. Yeah, employees could check the seal on each of the bottles to make sure they're all intact, but on embarkation day, that's just not feasible. It would be too time consuming. So, if you want to bring drinks on board - it needs to be in cans, since they're nearly impossible to tamper with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

 

Plastic water bottles can be opened and refilled with booze. Cans can't. Yeah, employees could check the seal on each of the bottles to make sure they're all intact, but on embarkation day, that's just not feasible. It would be too time consuming. So, if you want to bring drinks on board - it needs to be in cans, since they're nearly impossible to tamper with.

I have my 12 packs in place and ready to go. I want to drink water on board, but it's going to be sodas for me because of the no water bottle policy. Not a huge deal, just kinda disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noledad77 said:

I have my 12 packs in place and ready to go. I want to drink water on board, but it's going to be sodas for me because of the no water bottle policy. Not a huge deal, just kinda disappointing.

You can get 12 1/2 liter bottles delivered to your cabin for $4.50. Royal charges $40 for 12 one liter bottles. 

Screenshot_20190705-115929.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gatorade & Powerade both make powdered drinks (similar to Crystal Light packets). I haven't tried these yet, but Gatorade always helped us when we drank too much. Might be work picking up a few to try them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP should look into MixFix Recover which contains DHM and Thiamine, anecdotally shown to help reduce hangovers, ingredients Drinkade does not contain.  Also comes in pouches of capsules. 

 

Foe me the best hangover cure is not to drink too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lmb84 said:

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

 

I don't know...put his magic hangover elixir into rum runners? (Side note: I do not use nor promote the use of such devices)

 

Seriously though, I just take a few OTC pain killers (usually Ibuprofen) and drink a bottle of water before I go to bed. A big part of a hangover is caused by dehydration since alcohol is a diuretic. Those two things work wonders for me. I'll usually wake up still pretty thirsty, but I don't feel sick. Once I get my morning soda (I don't drink coffee) and some breakfast, I'm good to go.

 

5 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Plastic water bottles can be opened and refilled with booze. Cans can't. Yeah, employees could check the seal on each of the bottles to make sure they're all intact, but on embarkation day, that's just not feasible. It would be too time consuming. So, if you want to bring drinks on board - it needs to be in cans, since they're nearly impossible to tamper with.

 

A bit of a funny story. Last year sailing out of Miami, I accidentally dropped my 12-pack of Dr. Pepper in the parking lot and three of the cans broke open. I had a reusable bag with me, so I just put the remaining loose cans in that. We got to security and my son's friend had his own 12-pack. They never said a word, didn't try to open the case, nothing. My bag of nine loose cans went through the scanner, got to the other side, and the guy looked inside the bag. He asked, "What's in the cans?" I said, "Dr. Pepper." He asked, "Not beer?" There were so many things I wanted to say, but in the end I felt discretion was best. They didn't question the unopened case that passed through right before me, but thought that my loose cans might have contained beer. 🤨 Why yes, I have a bottling plant in my garage and I have cleverly filled soda cans with beer. You got me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want to solicit some input from @sid_9169- he wrote quite a bit in his reviews about a product called 'Rebound' which was apparently helpful avoiding hangovers, and which is a patch, not a liquid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't know...put his magic hangover elixir into rum runners? (Side note: I do not use nor promote the use of such devices)

 

Seriously though, I just take a few OTC pain killers (usually Ibuprofen) and drink a bottle of water before I go to bed. A big part of a hangover is caused by dehydration since alcohol is a diuretic. Those two things work wonders for me. I'll usually wake up still pretty thirsty, but I don't feel sick. Once I get my morning soda (I don't drink coffee) and some breakfast, I'm good to go.

The things adults must go through! 😭

 

26 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

A bit of a funny story. Last year sailing out of Miami, I accidentally dropped my 12-pack of Dr. Pepper in the parking lot and three of the cans broke open. I had a reusable bag with me, so I just put the remaining loose cans in that. We got to security and my son's friend had his own 12-pack. They never said a word, didn't try to open the case, nothing. My bag of nine loose cans went through the scanner, got to the other side, and the guy looked inside the bag. He asked, "What's in the cans?" I said, "Dr. Pepper." He asked, "Not beer?" There were so many things I wanted to say, but in the end I felt discretion was best. They didn't question the unopened case that passed through right before me, but thought that my loose cans might have contained beer. 🤨 Why yes, I have a bottling plant in my garage and I have cleverly filled soda cans with beer. You got me.

Haha! Carnival cares so much about getting their money! Some wineries allow your to bottle your own "wine", which I would assume by wine, smugglers mean beer, or other hard liqueurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

You may want to solicit some input from @sid_9169- he wrote quite a bit in his reviews about a product called 'Rebound' which was apparently helpful avoiding hangovers, and which is a patch, not a liquid!

I've never tried the DrinkAid, but have tried Detoxx for hangovers (pills) FlyBy (pills) and the Rebound patch, and achieved good results with each...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mix the bottle in with your hairspray and shampoos. I've mixed mini liquor bottles in that way and never got called out on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found Rally Patches and Cheers after alcohol aid help quite a bit and both don't break any rules about what you can bring on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Noledad77 said:

Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

 

 

 

Apparently you have never been to the "Behind the Scenes Tour." They have a HUGE recycling room. Everything is separated and labeled. All the cardboard is crushed and bundled. They have glass crushers, it looked like they had 100's of pounds of glass. Seriously do not know where you got your info. 

Edited by coevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

The things adults must go through! 😭

 

Adults? I started drinking in high school. Small town life, young & dumb, nothing else to do. But there were no fancy patches, pills, or elixirs to cure hangovers. Some swore the only way to handle it was with "the hair of the dog that bit you," but I always just suffered through it when I was younger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Adults? I started drinking in high school. Small town life, young & dumb, nothing else to do. But there were no fancy patches, pills, or elixirs to cure hangovers. Some swore the only way to handle it was with "the hair of the dog that bit you," but I always just suffered through it when I was younger.

Yeah. It is really weird, people are also vaping, doing drugs, and high even at the most elitist of schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...