Carnival Wide new standard is acoming now

AAAAmerican

1 minute ago, ShakyBeef said:

Come on, man.  Don't you know where you are?  This is CruiseCritic.  What doesn't keep coming up again around here?

What was I thinking? After 17 years you would think I know better.   SMH......

• Like 1

Just now, ShakyBeef said:

Come on, man.  Don't you know where you are?  This is CruiseCritic.  What doesn't keep coming up again around here?

I fear we will be moving to tips and cabin servicing very very soon.....😁

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Shall I resurrect Ye Olde Fake Chocolate Thread?  Chainmaile dress, anyone?  How about some "Is Cheers Worth It"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's a holiday so not gonna touch this now. It's off topic, beating a dead horse and who thought butter was such a big deal......anyway,  keep it clean and friendly and enjoy. Otherwise I will just lock it 😣😤😐

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll just bring my aluminum straws from home. And we're just gonna throw a sealed/new container of spreadable butter inside our carry-on, tucked in an insulated lunch bag, and drop it in our mini fridge when our room is ready. No different than the bottle of sriracha and jar of salsa we bring. No biggie for us.  

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

As soon as the gratuities are bumped up another buck.which probably isn't too far away.

Well to bring this back to the original topic (although in my defense the OP DID refer to the butter issue 😁) I bought everyone in our party bubba tumblers that had their own straws, so it was great when we got a drink of any kind onboard, we could easily decline the straw if offered (rarely) or not ask for one in other cases...

I'm not sure how sugar straws would work, especially as others have said, in the case of diabetics or people who are dieting... it will be interesting!

2 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Well to bring this back to the original topic (although in my defense the OP DID refer to the butter issue 😁) I bought everyone in our party bubba tumblers that had their own straws, so it was great when we got a drink of any kind onboard, we could easily decline the straw if offered (rarely) or not ask for one in other cases...

I'm not sure how sugar straws would work, especially as others have said, in the case of diabetics or people who are dieting... it will be interesting!

They are only for fruity drinks and milkshakes. 

We sailed on the Magic in May and experienced butter withdrawal, ha!  Whatever Carnival is now serving does not even come close to looking and tasting like butter, it is terrible.  In the buffet area, there is a crock of bogus butter on each side of the buffet with a crock of knives and an empty crock next to it.  You are supposed to choose a knife, dig into the crock and put the whipped whatever it is, onto your plate then deposit your dirty knife in the empty crock.  People were digging into the crock, buttering their toast, bread, baked potatos and putting the dirty knife back into the crock of fake butter.  Some cruisers took the whole crock and put it on their table and all family members dipped into the crock and either they put the crock back on the buffet or left it on the table, talk about cross contamination.  There were no crock police anywhere in sight.

In the MDR, there is a tiny dish with the faux butter (about 2 tbsp.) on your table which is the same whipped spread that is in the crock at the buffet.  

I'm with you watermelonqueen, we are packing butter on our next Carnival cruise.  Also, there are no longer granulated sugar packets on your table in the MDR or at the Lido buffet.  Our table in the MDR was on the second tier and our assistant waiter had to run downstairs to fill a small container with granulated sugar from a dispenser and run back upstairs whenever we ordered coffee.  Every sugar substitute was available in packets at our dining room table but not granulated sugar.  This is also the case at the buffet, you will have to pour your granulated sugar out of a dispenser.  A Carnival employee advised me that after Carnival uses up all the granulated sugar packets, it will only be available from a dispenser.  Also, no more wooden stirrers at the buffet and if they don't make spoons available, people will have to use their silverware or a soup spoon from the buffet to stir their coffee, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind the butter/spread being in a small bowl in the MDR. That's pretty common in restaurants. That's butter that's used for that table and I trust they don't put it on another table later if it's been used at all. That's much different than a community butter trough at the buffet.

I don't understand the move to eliminate the sugar packets when they still make packets of artificial sweeteners available. What am I missing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't mind the butter/spread being in a small bowl in the MDR. That's pretty common in restaurants. That's butter that's used for that table and I trust they don't put it on another table later if it's been used at all. That's much different than a community butter trough at the buffet.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Buttergate.🤣 That's good.  Haven't heard that before so giving you credit for it.  Nice one.:classic_biggrin:

Yeah, Carnival needs to put a little rice in each of the salt shakers like we do here on the humid Eastern Shore.  That would solve the problem.  And it is super cheap!  Of course, in order to maintain efficacy the rice needs to be changed out for fresh rice every few months on land, so probably every few weeks at sea...  so not likely to be implemented.

We have seen rice in the salt shakers on the Breeze.  It still doesn't work with the crock type salt shakers.  Freedom had the glass salt shakers and they worked fine with no rice. 

13 hours ago, coevan said:

I have eaten at many fine dining establishments that serve herb and various flavored butters in open bowls. I find nothing disgusting about it, not like they reuse it.

The problem is that the herb and flavored butters in open bowls you are served in a fine dining establishment have not had up to 3000 different knives, spoons, forks in them or unknown origin.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Yeah, but it'll still melt, unless its fake butter...😎

Not true.  Real butter will keep just fine in the cabin mini fridge.  It will even keep just fine at room temperature for up to two weeks.  At room temperature, it will soften and be more spreadable.  But it will not "melt".

• Like 3