Carnival Wide new standard is acoming now

AAAAmerican

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

I don't doubt it, I just mention it because our experience on Legend two weeks ago was totally different.

Sorry, I didn't think that you doubted it. I know, like you, that experiences vary greatly. I guess that's what keeps cruising so interesting to me. :=)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4hunters said:

You’re seriously not seeing how it’s possible, and likely probable, that folks will inadvertently get their hands into that nasty cup o’ “butter”? 😁

No more so than anything else people handle at a buffet.  I personally love peanut butter in the morning, been working the same sort of tub (and even harder to work with) for 20 years.

7 hours ago, joepeka said:

I would be interested in knowing on what ship the photo above was taken and when (apologize if that was mentioned and I missed it). On Legend a few weeks ago, if you wanted butter, you asked the server behind the counter and he/she would scoop some from a container that they controlled into a small sauce type bowl and give it to you. It certainly was not self-serve.

I am not sure where the picture was taken, but this same setup was on the Magic in June.

In regards to this buttergate.  If you are concerned about the butter setup as pictured.  You probably want to totally avoid buffets both on land and sea regardless if they have butter in similar containers.

• Like 1

I eat at buffets every day on my cruises for breakfast and dinner and have no problems with it.  Just because people don't like the way something is served because the likelihood of people's dirty hands touching it is 100%, doesn't mean they need to avoid buffets.  Avoiding one item in a buffet in no way means the entire buffet needs to be avoided.

24 minutes ago, gatour said:

In regards to this buttergate.  If you are concerned about the butter setup as pictured.  You probably want to totally avoid buffets both on land and sea regardless if they have butter in similar containers.

"Buttergate" :classic_biggrin:.

But seriously. Imagine bottles of wine that might have dead flies fall onto them, which might fall onto bottles, that eventually could fall into a glass, and could carry a disease. At least one ship got points for just that after inspection.

Compared to next to nothing, and I do avoid buffets, I think this is just gross. 

16 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I eat at buffets every day on my cruises for breakfast and dinner and have no problems with it.  Just because people don't like the way something is served because the likelihood of people's dirty hands touching it is 100%, doesn't mean they need to avoid buffets.  Avoiding one item in a buffet in no way means the entire buffet needs to be avoided.

Totally agree. What happens to your food before you get it in the MDR or any of the specialty restaurants? You have no idea what happened to it before it end up on you table. Most likely it was handled correctly and you are getting something that is not contaminated with anything. On the buffet you can pick and choose. In the MDR you have no idea what you will get or if you will like it. Plus it takes forever to get it. We enjoy eating in the buffet. We try things we may never have tried. Take a little. If you do not like it, you did not waste much. The portion is you choice. At least you can see it before you try it. I would venture to guess that both the MDR and the buffet food are handled the same way before it end up out on your table or the buffet. We have never gotten sick eating at a buffet. On the ship or shore. Many that I know have gotten sick at the local Red Lobster. More than once, so did we. We never go there any more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AmazedByCruising said:

"Buttergate" :classic_biggrin:.

But seriously. Imagine bottles of wine that might have dead flies fall onto them, which might fall onto bottles, that eventually could fall into a glass, and could carry a disease. At least one ship got points for just that after inspection.

Compared to next to nothing, and I do avoid buffets, I think this is just gross. 

Glad you liked the buttergate reference.

I live in Florida close to the beach where outside bars and restaurants have outdoor sitting.  Over the years I have had several bugs suicide in my glass of wine.  I fish them out and do not perform CPR. 

I just continue drinking my of glass wine.  In an outdoor setting it is impossible to eliminate all risk of bugs by a restaurant/bar.  It is a risk I take while enjoying an outdoor Sunday brunch while watching the wave crash into the beach.

In the food prep areas, I agree multiple sightings of flies and/or roaches is a cause for concern.

I understand why people avoid buffets.  I choose not to avoid buffets.  Doesn't make them correct or me correct.  Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by gatour
  • Like 1