Ft. Lauderdale hotels?

GoldieJ

There are 100’s of hotels that are booked 365 days a year. You’re going to get as many answers as there are people on these boards. Hundreds of us are cheap, hundreds are spoiled, and the just stay where the wife tells us.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

There are 100’s of hotels that are booked 365 days a year. You’re going to get as many answers as there are people on these boards. Hundreds of us are cheap, hundreds are spoiled, and the just stay where the wife tells us.

So true.  I've suggested many different hotels but my wife always says Embassy Suites.  She doesn't like to experiment.

Personally, I don't like staying near the port. We pick up a car at the airport when we arrive and then the entire area is our oyster...sites, dinners, etc. Allows us to stay anywhere, and then drop the car at the cruise port the next day. Usually the one-day rental is pretty cheap, and can usually be offset by a cheaper non-port area hotel.

Just an idea.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

Which forum did you think the question was posted in??

Originally ? the excellent CC staff sometimes move threads to their appropriate forum ... looks like that may have happened here ...

• Like 1

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.  The beach is just across the store so the views from your room are majestic.  The staff, restaurants, etc at the hotel are great.  There are many restaurants in walking distance and you can get groceries as well within walking distance.  It’s definitey our favorite in FLL and we have stayed many times at other hotels.  The 2 hotels we would not book again would be Embassy Suites and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.  I am silver with Hilton and those two are NOT up to Hilton standards in my opinion.  Happy planning. 😊

• Thanks 1

We like the funky mid-Century style hotels in the Central Beach area .... the Nobleton, Beach Gardens, La Casa Del Mar, etc. Loads of character, friendly proprietors, clean pools and a short stroll to the beach, CVS, and some great restaurants. With only a handful of rooms, I prefer these over the big-box hotels . . . and the walk on the beach in the early morning is lovely.

• Thanks 1