Cruise Critic Community
rxlowry

Live on the Spirit Ireland, Iceland, Norway and more!

Time for another adventure!  This summer we are heading to London for two nights and then on a 14 day cruise.  We will be posting here and on our blog, alpacamybagsblog.com   

For now we are at the airport, waiting to board our flight.   See you in London!! 

See ya! Have a pint for me. Travel safely...Crown Vic...

Made it to London!  Upgraded to World Traveler plus on British Air.  It was nice to have a recliner and foot rest. Started with one of their signature cocktails, a Gin Fizz.  Excellent choices for movies and the meal wasn’t too bad.  

Today, we have tea scheduled and a trip to Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio.  I’m sure we will be exhausted!!  

Cheers!

938608BA-D221-47E8-8DBB-63F3D9164BBF.jpeg

4D0125B8-94ED-45D7-9B96-A5D3EDB48B42.jpeg

To help stay awake, we took a stroll to Buckingham Palace.  Waiting to check in and go to tea time. 

0A5C568A-B1E4-4815-9F2A-EA946232E0E8.jpeg

We had a lovely tea time at our hotel, St Ermin’s then a car picked us up to go to the Harry Potter Studio tour.  Fantastic tour!!!  I’ll post more on the blog about that!   Excited for another day in London!

FC85EF75-08C5-4AB7-B4BD-BE94F82ECAD0.jpeg

196B9FD9-4F4D-4F0B-9CF7-D6C80D2DA6E3.jpeg

FBE3EC6D-782A-446E-B60A-1558FC04520F.jpeg

8C22F729-3422-4FBA-90E0-BA184E6F5C42.jpeg

It seems like you are blessed with lovely weather.  

Thanks for the live review.  I am interested in this cruise.  

Just walked to Westminster Abbey and toured it. Saw the Queen’s Jubilee exhibit. Then walked to Parliament, 10 Downing Street and through parks to the Princess Diana Memorial Walk to Kensington Palace.  19k steps!  Now at a pub for lunch!!

0C52855D-40A1-4A06-A7D8-25AA341A1FAB.jpeg

B1267DE2-BDB2-4EB5-933D-3696341A30A8.jpeg

E8797AAF-582D-41C0-A34E-300392CEB6B8.jpeg

817D8AA2-4905-4081-A911-3610280BFD6C.jpeg

Updated the blog!  Alpacamybagsblog.com 

Cruise starts tomorrow!!!

Waking up in London early today.  We are taking the train to Southhampton. Our last cruise, he had a car pick us up at the airport since we did no pre-cruise stay.  

Waiting to hear your highlights.  Get through the 'Fuff' of the security and enjoy your trip.  

Train ride very easy and quick taxi to port.  Arrived at 11:00am. Check-in was very quick and seats available for Platinum and higher.  We were given group five but right after Haven guests boarded, platinum and higher could board.  We were on board at 11:35.  We had lunch at noon in the main dining room and are now enjoying a drink at the Bier Garten.  

image.jpg

I love the Spirit and that is an amazing looking itinerary.  Thanks for sharing.

Eager to see and read your report....we are on the Spirit Sept 1 for this same cruise!

On our way into Cobh, Ireland.  Dreary day but still amazing to see!  Had dinner last night in Shogun.  Very good. I

1B110FC9-0607-42B5-B008-FD84F3F98AAA.jpeg

Hi! Great review and pictures so far! We'll be on the Spirit in 3 1/2 weeks' time and cannot wait.

Can you please tell us who is the CD - hopefully it's Pedro. And also, can you see if Aan, head mixologist is on board?

Keep it up with your review and pictures, and enjoy the cruise. Spirit is a lovely ship!

9 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Hi! Great review and pictures so far! We'll be on the Spirit in 3 1/2 weeks' time and cannot wait.

Can you please tell us who is the CD - hopefully it's Pedro. And also, can you see if Aan, head mixologist is on board?

Keep it up with your review and pictures, and enjoy the cruise. Spirit is a lovely ship!

It’s a female cruise director and I missed her name but I’ll get it. I’ll ask about Aan tonight. 

Visited the Titanic Experience and now having an Irish coffee.  Updated the blog for embarkation day if you’d like more details. 

F4ED366D-6E32-4735-8066-7DD2DDDCDF62.jpeg

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rxlowry said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377We found Aan!  He will be here!

😁 our favourite!

It will be our 4th time with him. Twice on the Jade and once on Spirit - last year April for my 60th. I passed my cake over to Aan to cut it up and pass around the slices. He made those martinis for us.

DSC00083.JPG

Edited by bluesea777

Great day in Dublin!  Visited Guinness and Jameson and walked back from Jameson!  Ready to enjoy a nice evening. 

B98D542D-32FE-49C4-BD56-3C0E7D965E45.jpeg