Mariner Itinerary Change 10/21-25

Does anyone know why Mariner's itinerary changed from day 2 being the Coco Cay day to day 4?  I specifically made sure that it was going to be the only ship scheduled to be at the island before booking it as our honeymoon cruise.  Now prices for cabanas and other things have went even higher at Coco Cay and we apparently get to be there the same day as Grandeur.

I am going to  make a wild guess.  Empress and Majesty had lots of cruises in October.  They all had to be rescheduled from Cuba to Western Caribbean and Bahamas.  That's two more ships that will be making lots of stops at CocoCay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am going to  make a wild guess.  Empress and Majesty had lots of cruises in October.  They all had to be rescheduled from Cuba to Western Caribbean and Bahamas.  That's two more ships that will be making lots of stops at CocoCay.

Okay, checked their itineraries.  That was an incorrect guess.

I had been checking the ships scheduled to be at Coco Cay frequently since the Cuba ban since I had the same thoughts, 10/22 still looked good. Seems like a money grab to me. I’m hoping it’s not too bad with both ships being docked at the same time but I guess we’ll see. Unless there’s some great reason for it, I’ll probably look at other cruise lines in the future. 

1 hour ago, cmoore2004 said:

Does anyone know why Mariner's itinerary changed from day 2 being the Coco Cay day to day 4?  I specifically made sure that it was going to be the only ship scheduled to be at the island before booking it as our honeymoon cruise.  Now prices for cabanas and other things have went even higher at Coco Cay and we apparently get to be there the same day as Grandeur.

According to two sites that I looked at, Grandeur has YOUR old spot.  You switched.  Not there together.

ETA:  So does RC's site.  (Grandeur on the 22nd)

So you moved to NOT be with Grandeur.

I thought that was what it said on cruisemapper on the schedule for Coco Cay.  I know that before it showed the Mariner there on 10/22 and no days double-booked for that week, and even a day with no ships docked.  Maybe I had it wrong, but if I'm correct that we're still the only ship there, I'm happy with that.

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, cmoore2004 said:

We booked this cruise on 06 June 2019 and Coco Cay was and still is listed as the 24th.

I also booked this cruise (after the itinerary change). Although I don't have any idea why they changed I can say that it didn't seem to be an attempt to raise CoCo Cay prices. In fact, my cruise planner has some of the lowest prices I've seen (comparing to others posting on CC).

Looking at the prices today:

Oasis Lagoon and Chill Island Cabana is $499

Thrill Waterpark Cabana is $299

Beach Bed is $199

Waterpark is $50 currently (It was even lower on sale when I bought it for $38 last month)

Edited by orlandok

1 minute ago, orlandok said:

I also booked this cruise (after the itinerary change). Although I don't have any idea why they changed I can say that it didn't seem to be an attempt to raise CoCo Cay prices. In fact, my cruise planner has some of the lowest prices I've seen (comparing to others posting on CC).

Looking at the prices today:

Oasis Lagoon and Chill Island Cabana is $499

Thrill Waterpark Cabana is $299

Beach Bed is $199

Waterpark is $50 currently (It was even lower on sale when I bought it for $38 last month)

Those cabanas were about 380 when I booked. I think I got my water park passes for 33, and I haven’t seen them anywhere near that low since the change. Drink package prices have also skyrocketed from being on sale at 49-52 to 61-65. Maybe they’ll get more reasonable again before the cruise. Either way, we got ours, it just seems like a clear money grab.

Lots of people have said crowding won’t be an issue so I’m not too bothered by it. It’ll still be a great time as long as weather cooperates!

Drink package prices in general have gone up on all ships for all cruises. I also got it for $49 a month ago.

However, Cabanas were $799 about a month ago when I was first looking. Many threads here for other sailings talk about them being listed for $1200 or more. The waterpark has been seen for $90 on some ships.

I'm not too bothered by it either. Mariner+Grandeur is still less guests than a single Oasis.

It could possibly be that they will still be planning stops in "Grand Bahamas/Freeport" for humanitarian aid. RCCL is currently having almost all of the "Mariner" scheduled cruises stopping there at least twice a week to drop off food, water, first aid, etc..

They are even picking up passengers (Elderly, children and infirm) and transporting them to Nassau. It may be that they have to reschedule the stop(s) to coincide with these 2 Bahamas stops.

Just a thought.....

2 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

It could possibly be that they will still be planning stops in "Grand Bahamas/Freeport" for humanitarian aid. RCCL is currently having almost all of the "Mariner" scheduled cruises stopping there at least twice a week to drop off food, water, first aid, etc..

They are even picking up passengers (Elderly, children and infirm) and transporting them to Nassau. It may be that they have to reschedule the stop(s) to coincide with these 2 Bahamas stops.

Just a thought.....

It would be nice if we did swing by to help but these changes were made long before Dorian was on the radar.