Jump to content

Price of suites


rollie
 Share

Recommended Posts

We have been cruising with Celebrity since 2001.  We just loved the experience on the Galaxy, and thought we were hooked for life.  Their product a been downgraded to a degree, that one must book a suite to get that old Celebrity experience.  We've been very fortunate to be able to afford it a few times, and loved it, but Celebrity has priced us out of the market.  We will now be cruising with Azamara, Oceania, or Viking.  Azamara would be our first choice, but we are looking at a round trip Miami itinerary.  Oceania is the only line with that itinerary.

 

Rollie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great reading here and we too agree that Celebrity prices are through the roof. Suites we would never be able to afford anyway or want to spend that much on a room. Prices on a veranda rooms are super high as well. Which is what we usually book. We like others will search for another cruise line. I will work at getting pricing on other cruise lines.. I think all the fellow cruisers using their FCC and booking future cruises has led to the higher pricing.

Plus everyone just wanting to plan a vacation and just get out of the house.

As much as I like Celebrity their pricing is just getting too high.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Great reading here and we too agree that Celebrity prices are through the roof. Suites we would never be able to afford anyway or want to spend that much on a room. Prices on a veranda rooms are super high as well. Which is what we usually book. We like others will search for another cruise line. I will work at getting pricing on other cruise lines.. I think all the fellow cruisers using their FCC and booking future cruises has led to the higher pricing.

Plus everyone just wanting to plan a vacation and just get out of the house.

As much as I like Celebrity their pricing is just getting too high.

 

Perhaps carnival might work for you. They have nice reasonably priced balcony cabins. Their ships have a lot to offer.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a Celebrity sky suite on edge in April all things considered I think price is definitely worth it considering the price includes 4 perks, rccl suite are cheaper but adding in drink package etc changes everything. I do love msc yacht club which also includes drink package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a Celebrity sky suite on edge in April all things considered I think price is definitely worth it considering the price includes 4 perks, rccl suite are cheaper but adding in drink package etc changes everything. I do love msc yacht club which also includes drink package. 

Great ship

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last August (2019) we were in a Sky Suite for 14 days on the Equinox and paid about $315 p.p. per day, with all for perks, and thought we grossly overpaid.

Last October (2019) we were in the Deluxe Yacht Club Suite, for 14 days, on the MSC Seaside and paid about $210 p.p. per day, with all the perks and thought it was the deal of the century.

Both of them are currently priced outrageously high and not even worth consideration even though we have no budget to worry about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Last August (2019) we were in a Sky Suite for 14 days on the Equinox and paid about $315 p.p. per day, with all for perks, and thought we grossly overpaid.

Last October (2019) we were in the Deluxe Yacht Club Suite, for 14 days, on the MSC Seaside and paid about $210 p.p. per day, with all the perks and thought it was the deal of the century.

Both of them are currently priced outrageously high and not even worth consideration even though we have no budget to worry about.

But MSC IMO a few steps below Celebrity.  More like ncl.   To each his/her own

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I agree that the pricing of Suites has gotten out of hand. We cancelled a Europe B2B on Reflection last August/September and decided to book our first Suite on Edge for 11 nights in January 2022 since we were “saving” that expense. We booked an S3 for $4049 per person during a sale for CC members and thought we got a good deal. That cruise has now changed to Silhouette due to Edge only doing 7 night cruises in the Caribbean in 2022. I just checked Suite pricing for that cruise and the cheapest Suite is $6059 per person. That represents a $2010 per person increase over what we are paying and a step down from E Class to S Class.  The difference in price is a 50% premium compared to what we are paying. Even if a person received the 125% FCC it would not cover the price increase. This may be our first and only Suite on X. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

But MSC IMO a few steps below Celebrity.  More like ncl.   To each his/her own

Totally disagree at least when it comes to msc yacht club, I thought seaside was as good or better for entertainment, suite lounge etc, but preferred celebrity for suite dinning. For last ten years we have booked nothing but suites and live rccl for suites and entertainment, Celebrity for service and suite dinning and MSC , will continue to book these three.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Yes that’s why I’m asking for input on MSC! They weren’t out of my price range but want to venture out and check other cruise lines till celebrity comes down in price..

Certainly are pricey!  But as I love Celebrity and have had a few cruises cancelled, which I would have gone on and spent the $, I for now am OK with the higher price, hoping my next summer cruise sails.  Will remain to be seen what they do with pricing once we get back to a more "normal" time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, rollie said:

We have been cruising with Celebrity since 2001.  We just loved the experience on the Galaxy, and thought we were hooked for life.  Their product a been downgraded to a degree, that one must book a suite to get that old Celebrity experience.  We've been very fortunate to be able to afford it a few times, and loved it, but Celebrity has priced us out of the market.  We will now be cruising with Azamara, Oceania, or Viking.  Azamara would be our first choice, but we are looking at a round trip Miami itinerary.  Oceania is the only line with that itinerary.

 

Rollie

Azamara just added some new Miami itineraries you may wish to check out.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

But MSC IMO a few steps below Celebrity.  More like ncl.   To each his/her own

I'm comparing particular ships and comparable staterooms, not cruise lines as a whole. If is was comparing cruise lines, I would agree with you.

I hope you are basing your response on actual on site comparison and not on what you read or heard.

IMO, Celebrity Equinox, staying in a Sky Suite, is several steps below MSC Seaside staying in a Deluxe Yacht Club Suite. In fact, we would rate it below the Grand Suite experience on the RCL Allure from our trip in 2018, which cost a hair more than the MSC cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Yes that’s why I’m asking for input on MSC! They weren’t out of my price range but want to venture out and check other cruise lines till celebrity comes down in price..

I would also look at Oceania.  Far better value for the $$, considering a suite there is far larger (at least on Riviera and Marina).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

 Wow how condescending. There are a lot of alternatives to Celebrity pricing and quality.  Carnival certainly isn't one of them.

Look some people like princess cruise line.  We tried two different ships and found the line poor. We also tried ncl and liked the haven but the rest of the ship was so crowded    not condescending, at all.  Different strokes for different folks.  Carnival has uped their game now with their newer ships.  Clearly many people enjoy the experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If suites from Celebrity are now out of your price range it’s time to book less expensive cabins or book on cheaper cruise lines.

I knew someone would be able to provide us serious guidance on what to do next if suites on Celebrity are becoming too expensive for us,  I wish I had thought of this!🙃

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t take Cruise a holic’s suggestion as condescending. Just thought it was his recommendation and I appreciate that.

I looked at reviews between MSC Seaside and Divina. Night and day difference in reviews. Kind of surprised there would be that much difference in Cruise reviews.

 

Edited by cheeseheads4ever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, it's important to compare apples to apples.  I can only compare the suite experience on Celebrity (I've sailed in all their suites except for a Celebrity suite) to the Yacht Club experience on MSC Seaside.  In my view, YC on MSC Seaside wins hand down over Celebrity in any suite except for the food and service in the dining room.  And I believe they poached somebody from Celebrity to deal with that.  No recent experience as my November 2020 cruise was cancelled.  At the time of my last YC sailing, prices were way better than Celebrity's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree, it's important to compare apples to apples.  I can only compare the suite experience on Celebrity (I've sailed in all their suites except for a Celebrity suite) to the Yacht Club experience on MSC Seaside.  In my view, YC on MSC Seaside wins hand down over Celebrity in any suite except for the food and service in the dining room.  And I believe they poached somebody from Celebrity to deal with that.  No recent experience as my November 2020 cruise was cancelled.  At the time of my last YC sailing, prices were way better than Celebrity's.

I have sailed in all Celebrity suites, on M and S class except penthouse- Royal the highest- and Sky on Edge- I have read MSC reviews and they are interesting.  I thus far, may consider oceania- but for now as I have so many cruises booked over the next 24 months will continue with Celebrity and Royal Oasis class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...