Double laundry benefit?

kangforpres

Hi CC'ers-

So here is the deal, I'm 4 stars and have the "laundry for life" benefit. My brother is no stars and staying with me in a Neptune Suite. Can he also get the laundry benefit via his Suite perks and I also get my 4 star Mariner laundry benefit? Is it just one laundry bag per cabin, per day?

Let the speculation begin! Better yet  maybe someone else has already experienced/tried this.

Thanks, 

Paul

3 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Hi CC'ers-

So here is the deal, I'm 4 stars and have the "laundry for life" benefit. My brother is no stars and staying with me in a Neptune Suite. Can he also get the laundry benefit via his Suite perks and I also get my 4 star Mariner laundry benefit? Is it just one laundry bag per cabin, per day?

Let the speculation begin! Better yet  maybe someone else has already experienced/tried this.

Thanks, 

Paul

Paul,  you don’t have a thing to worry about. 😄 

While your cabin mate is entitled to share in your 4* benefits, you are in a Neptune Suite.  

So, you don’t just get laundry & pressing but drycleaning as well included as a Neptune Suite amenity.  The benefits are for the cabin and it’s not just one bag a day.  It’s unlimited so if you want to send out two bags in a day, you can.  No problem at all.

Just ask your concierge or steward for another laundry bag and listing.

Enjoy 😄 

7 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Hi CC'ers-

Thanks, 

Paul

No speculation - from the Mariner Society FAQ

All guests sharing a stateroom as part of the same booking will receive the benefits earned by the guest at the highest Star level. Guests sharing a stateroom under different booking numbers receive individual Star level benefits (this includes 3rd & 4th guest sharing the same stateroom). 

In addition, Neptune Suites get laundry benefit as well. You may have 2 (or more) bags of laundry sent out on any given day

edit - typing same time as Kazu

Edited by richwmn

If he is in Neptune suite he gets the free laundry perk and any other Neptune suite perks!  You can ask the cabin steward for another laundry bag if needed.   We some times do pre-cruise days so put laundry out on our bed in the laundry bag before we head for supper.  

Looks like a few of us answered at same time!

Have a great cruise!

Edited by canadianbear

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Paul,  you don’t have a thing to worry about. 😄 

While your cabin mate is entitled to share in your 4* benefits, you are in a Neptune Suite.  

So, you don’t just get laundry & pressing but drycleaning as well included as a Neptune Suite amenity.  The benefits are for the cabin and it’s not just one bag a day.  It’s unlimited so if you want to send out two bags in a day, you can.  No problem at all.

Just ask your concierge or steward for another laundry bag and listing.

Enjoy 😄 

Thanks Kazu, my brother's 13 year old daughters are across the hall from us,  2 laundry bags a day might become a real necessity for the 4 of us combined. Plus we have 2 days in SEA before we board.

-Paul

39 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Thanks Kazu, my brother's 13 year old daughters are across the hall from us,  2 laundry bags a day might become a real necessity for the 4 of us combined. Plus we have 2 days in SEA before we board.

-Paul

While you will most likely get away with it, be aware that the benefit is only for those in the same cabin.

Also from the Mariner FAQ

No. Benefits are intended for the personal use of the applicable guest and those sharing a stateroom with the guest on the same booking number. Not applicable to groups. Holland America Line reserves the right to limit benefits if necessary.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

-Paul

So now you want a "quadruple" laundry benefit ???

1 hour ago, kangforpres said:

-Paul

That might be taking advantage a bit... also, is HAL allowing two children in a cabin alone? My understanding has always been that one adult has to be assigned to each cabin...

Yea I opened this can of worms before, the cabins are considered adjoining and keys will work for both. No I don't want quadruple laundry I might want double laundry on the first sea day only, Or just do single laundry the first 4 or 5 days.

Isn't this the same OP who called us all busybodies for telling him putting kids in their own cabin wasn't allowed under policy?  Pretty sure it is.  Rules apply to everyone but him, I guess.

Edited by bEwAbG

16 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Yea I opened this can of worms before, the cabins are considered adjoining and keys will work for both. No I don't want quadruple laundry I might want double laundry on the first sea day only, Or just do single laundry the first 4 or 5 days.

Even if they are considered adjoining (not sure how that works if they're across the hall which does not make them adjoining), it doesn't matter how you want to label your laundry loads … you are still wanting free laundry for 4 people when only complimentary laundry for the 2 who are actually staying in the NS is included.  Unless your nieces qualify for free laundry because of their Mariner status, you "should" be paying for their laundry and not throwing it in with yours. 

Suppose next you'll want to bring them to the Pinnacle Grill for suite guest breakfasts, let them have free reign in the Neptune Lounge, and get all the other suite amenities that those who PAY FOR AND STAY IN A SUITE get.

Yeah, bet you're happy you opened that can of worms on CC.  Just saying ....

Edited by zelker

28 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Isn't this the same OP who called us all busybodies for telling him putting kids in their own cabin wasn't allowed under policy?  Pretty sure it is.  Rules apply to everyone but him, I guess.

OMG I think you’re right 😳

28 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

You're right.  I found that thread from a few months ago.  Someone even posted the minimum age limit to book a stateroom, taken right out of the cruise contract, and I see that this discussion about Neptune perks was discussed back then too.  Guess OP was hoping for a different answer by starting this thread. 

5 minutes ago, zelker said:

You're right.  I found that thread from a few months ago.  Someone even posted the minimum age limit to book a stateroom, taken right out of the cruise contract, and I see that this discussion about Neptune perks was discussed back then too.  Guess OP was hoping for a different answer by starting this thread. 

Guess we will be slammed again since he wasn’t impressed with our answers last time.  

16 minutes ago, zelker said:

Ooooohhhh yes I remember that discussion.  I remember the OP said he did check with HAL and for a reason that escapes me, it was okay to have two children alone in a cabin.  Whether he uses his 4 star and/or NS laundry perk to do the kids' laundry aside, I just feel nervous about that whole thing.  I don't mean to be judgmental about anyone's parenting, but emergencies do happen sometimes, and this just doesn't seem safe,  but why open that can of worms again... he seems to be sure it's okay, so I wish him the best. OP- I truly hope you and your brother and your nieces have a fabulous cruise.  Please let us know afterwards about how it all worked out.... 

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Even if they are considered adjoining (not sure how that works if they're across the hall which does not make them adjoining),

In the cruise industry, it seems that "adjoining" means next door to each other (with no interior connecting door) or immediately across the passageway. 

"Connecting" means next door to each other with an interior connecting door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moriah said:

I remember the OP said he did check with HAL and for a reason that escapes me, it was okay to have two children alone in a cabin. 

He said he's relying on what his TA is telling him and wasn't going to bother with clarifying with HAL directly.

I'm guessing the scenario is that the TA has one adult booked in each cabin, and OP is going to be bent out of shape when both adults are not given the Neptune perks.  HAL is quite clear that the minimum age is 16 for at least one person in each stateroom.

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kangforpres said:

my brother's 13 year old daughters are across the hall from us,  2 laundry bags a day might become a real necessity for the 4 of us combined. Plus we have 2 days in SEA before we board.

Has anyone mentioned "by the bag" laundry for the non-Neptune guests?  Or the unlimited laundry for them?  By the bag is $20/bag in North America.    Unlimited in North America is $7/day/cabin. 

6 hours ago, kangforpres said:

While I'm not going to lecture about what HAL does or does not allow I am confused about this "adjoining" issue.  In your original posting that caused all sorts of discussion about non-Neptune passengers using Neptune benefits you specifically said, and I quote (bolding mine),  "So she came back the next day with an offer on an SB and the L right across the hall but not adjoining. The SB is an Aft wrap-around balcony on Deck 6."   Something here just isn't right. 🤔 Having a duplicate set of room key cards made so that you or your brother can access the inside L stateroom does not make them connecting.  Additionally lets get real, the only thing that connects an SB to an L are two doors with an open passenger hallway between.   If your experienced learned TA really told your that she must have been smoking something real strange that day.  

45 minutes ago, regnig said:

While I'm not going to lecture about what HAL does or does not allow I am confused about this "adjoining" issue.  In your original posting that caused all sorts of discussion about non-Neptune passengers using Neptune benefits you specifically said, and I quote (bolding mine),  "So she came back the next day with an offer on an SB and the L right across the hall but not adjoining. The SB is an Aft wrap-around balcony on Deck 6."   Something here just isn't right. 🤔 Having a duplicate set of room key cards made so that you or your brother can access the inside L stateroom does not make them connecting.  Additionally lets get real, the only thing that connects an SB to an L are two doors with an open passenger hallway between.   If your experienced learned TA really told your that she must have been smoking something real strange that day.  

Hey- Who exactly our you? I was asking about getting my laundry done and now your accuse me of trying to defraud HAL, Do you work for them or something? Yes I have spoken to my TA about this 3 times and says it is completely fine with HAL. Other's have said they have had similar arrangements being in a balcony and their relatives being across the hall in an interior an HAL gave everyone keys to open both cabins.

So once I cruise Regnig I will take I will inform you of how it went and prove myself with pictures, then you and all of your ilk on CC can just find something else to be wrong about. 

You did indeed simply ask a question about laundry benefits. But when you revealed that you were leaving two underage girls alone in an inside cabin, you invited a different conversation, Paul. 

• Like 2

Is your Laundry for  life benefit supposedly a Ma riner benefit" 

i AM FIVE  star and   Platinum Medallion mariner,  I am always in a NEPTUEN SUIT ENAE never heard of "Laundry for Life for any Star mariners.    Would you kindly share more info about that

As to you r brother and his laundry.  If  your cabin is his ca bin and the onein which   he is 'regisgered t., he gets laundry service for that cruiise.  He cannot have anogther cabin on ghe ship and only drops by to se you or sleeps in your cabin fromtime to time. Either you reboth in the same cab in, SAME ca vin only and  no gther,  Don't   think you  can slip it through.......  You cannot.    The  staff/crew  on  the  ships are   very very good   at 'catching on.......  They have sen all the 'tricks'  people try.

But.  WHAT is laundry   for life and   how did you get   it?" 

2 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

But.  WHAT is laundry   for life and   how did you get   it?" 

I think what was meant by that is that 4 and 5 star mariners get laundry free no matter what cabin they are in.  In this case the OP is in a Neptune Suite so he would get laundry anyway, but as a 4 star mariner he gets "laundry for life".  I can't imagine what else it could mean. He insists that he and his brother are both in the suite as guests for that cabin, in which case his brother legitimately also gets laundry.  The two children they will have in an inside cabin nearby, should not.  (Nor should they, IMO, be in the cabin alone, but that's a different story, and a "can of worms" that have already wriggled around enough methinks.)

18 hours ago, kangforpres said:

Hey- Who exactly our you? I was asking about getting my laundry done and now your accuse me of trying to defraud HAL, Do you work for them or something? Yes I have spoken to my TA about this 3 times and says it is completely fine with HAL. Other's have said they have had similar arrangements being in a balcony and their relatives being across the hall in an interior an HAL gave everyone keys to open both cabins.

So once I cruise Regnig I will take I will inform you of how it went and prove myself with pictures, then you and all of your ilk on CC can just find something else to be wrong about. 

Your response here sounds as if you think the issue is with the keys. It's not. and this isn't "relatives" - it's children!! I just edited this because I went on a rant.  I will leave this now.

Edited by Moriah

The first issue is going to occur when he and the brother try to go to breakfast in the Pinnacle (or Club Orange) or stop in to the lounge and are informed that only the one adult booked in the Neptune Suite is allowed in.  It's bigger than the key access issue because your picture pops up when you show up places that are open to only suite guests.  That will eventually turn into a "two girls age 13 cannot stay alone in the cabin" discussion.  "They're mature & my TA said it was okay" isn't going to be enough to get around the policy.