Fresh off Carribbean Princess

ahendricks00

42 minutes ago, richmke said:

On Embarkation day: 1:45 pm MedallionClass Orientation. Join your Cruise Director Matt and learn about the wonderful experiences available with your Medallion.

I went to a similar thing on Regal this June and it was a waste of time.  Mostly a repeat of the same basic marketing stuff I already knew and about how download and connect the apps.  Which I already had done.  If you want some detail or particular info, I would visit the OCEAN team spot (I forget what term they used).  On Regal it was near the photo center mid-ship and I suspect they found a spot to set up on CB somewhere in the midship piazza area.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks for your comments.

I call it ice milk and IMO it has always been nasty.

I feel like ice cream is one of the strangest weaknesses on Princess. How hard is it to have decent ice cream?  The chocolate is especially unfortunate.

Just now, amanda384 said:

I feel like ice cream is one of the strangest weaknesses on Princess. How hard is it to have decent ice cream?  The chocolate is especially unfortunate.

It is odd........

At 4pm everyday they used to have an ice cream cart in the HC buffet with real ice cream!

I sure miss that.

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I really disliked the pizza on the Regal the past couple of cruises but thought the pizza on the Caribbean was pretty good in May.  Back to being the pizza that I had always loved on Princess. As a New Yorker, I'm picky about my pizza!

Haha, I live in Virginia now but I am a born and raised New Yorker and I am picky too! But my first cruise was on CB and I remember liking the Lido deck pizza quite a bit.

9 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I went to a similar thing on Regal this June and it was a waste of time.  Mostly a repeat of the same basic marketing stuff I already knew and about how download and connect the apps.  Which I already had done.  If you want some detail or particular info, I would visit the OCEAN team spot (I forget what term they used).  On Regal it was near the photo center mid-ship and I suspect they found a spot to set up on CB somewhere in the midship piazza area.

I usually stop by some of these things just to see if they're giving out anything of value.

Like the shopping talk. I got a coupon worth 10% off something I was going to purchase anyway.

At one of the meet & greets we received medallion clip holders that they were selling for $7.00. At another one they were giving out retractors just for playing there silly games.  

I was on the ship in early June.  I loved the World Market Place, thought they had some interesting and unique selections.

The chocolate covered bananas and waffles were available each night.  As was sushi/sashimi if I recall correctly (not a fan).

5 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

The ice cream wasn't good?  CB has a Scoops too doesn't it? It wasn't enjoyable?  Scoops was phenomenal on the Crown last year.  We got massive cones every night.

It's alright at times but I never consider it as good as real ice cream. I'd rather have the ice cream from the DR any day compared to the ice mike they serve at scoops. 

On 7/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I really disliked the pizza on the Regal the past couple of cruises but thought the pizza on the Caribbean was pretty good in May.  Back to being the pizza that I had always loved on Princess. As a New Yorker, I'm picky about my pizza!

Yikes!  That kinda scares me.  I trust the opinion of a New Yorker on pizza as I'm from New Jersey and also know good pizza.  We're going on Regal in February, and Princess' pizza was always something I raved about since our 2013 voyage on Crown Princess.  I hope Regal can get it together in the "pizza department" by February.

2 minutes ago, oncruisecontrol said:

Yikes!  That kinda scares me.  I trust the opinion of a New Yorker on pizza as I'm from New Jersey and also know good pizza.  We're going on Regal in February, and Princess' pizza was always something I raved about since our 2013 voyage on Crown Princess.  I hope Regal can get it together in the "pizza department" by February.

I thought the Regal pizza was pretty good. 

Go figure.  😋

9 hours ago, oncruisecontrol said:

What if you don't have an avatar? Will your security photo automatically appear on the public screens?

It definitely does.

We hadn't used the app to load our photo's on any of the medallion trips & the initial photo taken on the first medallion trip was the same one used thereafter. Our next trip we'll have the app loaded with out own avatar...just to give it a try.

I was on the same exact sailing. My Oceanview cabin the carpet was so in bad shape, you can tell they tried replacing in certain areas as they had huge cute marks throughout the carpet. You also could tell how bulged and unleveled it was and you could feel the plywood beneath.

The AC in my cabin was not great. Oh so warm , even with the curtains closed throughout the day. Woke up every morning in a deep sweat. The beds had not support (I've been on regal a more than a handful of times as well as the golden with new luxury mattress) these were clearly not the new mattresses. Would sink right down the middle. It was super flimsy. They tried their best to give support, but did not succeed. 

On a happy note, had the most lovely cabin Steward 🙂

13 hours ago, oncruisecontrol said:

If you are a pizza fan, than Alfredo's (deck 7, free of charge) is a MUST for you. They have this venue in both Regal and Royal (assume Sky too) and it is phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

I was on the same exact sailing. My Oceanview cabin the carpet was so in bad shape, you can tell they tried replacing in certain areas as they had huge cute marks throughout the carpet. You also could tell how bulged and unleveled it was and you could feel the plywood beneath.

The AC in my cabin was not great. Oh so warm , even with the curtains closed throughout the day. Woke up every morning in a deep sweat. The beds had not support (I've been on regal a more than a handful of times as well as the golden with new luxury mattress) these were clearly not the new mattresses. Would sink right down the middle. It was super flimsy. They tried their best to give support, but did not succeed. 

Most of the people on the CB get acceptable AC from what I've been reading but like yourself we got a bad cabin & were miserable for 10 days. There was nothing they could do to fix it or even move us to another cabin since the ship was filled.

This was the second time we've had problems with AC on Princess ships- Both older ships like the CB. 

Edited by MissP22

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

No plywood. I would say it is a steel plate that is buckling.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Most of the people on the CB get acceptable AC from what I've been reading but like yourself we got a bad cabin & were miserable for 10 days. There was nothing they could do to fix it or even move us to another cabin since the ship was filled.

This was the second time we've had problems with AC on Princess ships- Both older ships like the CB. 

Funny you mention a cabin change. I as well went straight down to request one for the ac and bed issues. I got no where. first time I've ever dealt with purser's desk, as I never have anything to complain about they were unhelpful, and dvrnsughrd at my issues. I'm blessed that After my 70 princess cruises run this was the first problem I've ever encountered on one of their sailings. I'm just happy I get to cruise. Hello Sky and Enchanted in the upcoming months. Hehehe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Funny you mention a cabin change. I as well went straight down to request one for the ac and bed issues. I got no where. first time I've ever dealt with purser's desk, as I never have anything to complain about they were unhelpful, and dvrnsughrd at my issues. I'm blessed that After my 70 princess cruises run this was the first problem I've ever encountered on one of their sailings. I'm just happy I get to cruise. Hello Sky and Enchanted in the upcoming months. Hehehe

Well at least you know that the AC & mattresses will most likely be better on the newer ships (and more importantly, the FOOD). 

I told my DH we should avoid the older ships as much as possible although we went back to the Crown a few months ago & all was fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Well at least you know that the AC & mattresses will most likely be better on the newer ships (and more importantly, the FOOD). 

I told my DH we should avoid the older ships as much as possible although we went back to the Crown a few months ago & all was fine.

Best part was, I was in the Golden for 4 weeks of sailing prior to the CB. The Golden being a much older ship than the other, I had better experiences onboard in certain areas. Go figure. Once again, I'm just simply grateful and blessed I cruise as often as I do. 

• Like 1