When do emails about upgrade bids get sent?

agcruise

Hi all, This is my first time cruising on NCL. Excited about going on the Escape to Bermuda in October. I'm just learning about the bid to upgrade process. If one were to receive an email about this, when would it tend to happen? How many weeks, months out would the email offer get sent? 

At about 80 days prior to sailing, and sometimes the email goes to junk mail, some never receive a email but go to the my ncl homepage once logged in and at about 80days prior to sailing you should have the let's get you upgrade banner.  Important note though not all ta's participate in the program so if booked thru ta you might or might not be able to upgrade 

• Like 1

At 80 days before sailing the invitations are sent out by email and when checking your reservations at MyNCL.

There will be website page "LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED".

You will be given categories of cabins that you can bid on.

After bidding - awarding of the upgrade may happen anytime up to 2 days before sailing.

If your bid is not accepted at the 2 day sailing point you should receive a rejection email.

Good Luck - read on here at CC threads about success failure and more about the upgrade program.

Edited by don't-use-real-name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cottagers2000 said:

Does anybody know if you receive any upgrade E-mail if you have booked a studio?

I don’t believe you can bid for an upgrade.  However, you may be able to look at prices for other cabins, and pay the difference.  You would get the promos offered at the time and category, and lose any current promos you have.  Also, you may have to pay double occupancy for cabins, unless they waive that.  

3 hours ago, cottagers2000 said:

Does anybody know if you receive any upgrade E-mail if you have booked a studio?

In this LINK nothing specifically states you can't bid-upgrade - Note item/line 11 may give a clue

that you could bid but remember the double occupancy rate discounting the port fees and taxes

to one person. NCL may or may not offer you a bid/upgrade opportunity in a Studio cabin because

who does this sort of thing ?

At around 80 days before sailing - no offer offered - then no upgrading - but read on below - - -

You can as a single buy any cabin on the ship paying a little less than the double fare less

those port fees and taxes for 2nd person.

If you have already booked a Studio you are most certainly in the Final Payment penalty stages

and moving to another cabin (any cabin) will not be financially healthy - suggestion here is

to forget all about bidding/upgrading unless you can come to agreement with NCL at least for

this present cruise.

Reasons for bidding/upgrading - - -

Practical if wanting more space - location - and perhaps services of a Butler/Concierge.

That LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Another bid/upgrade of interest - a YouTube video:

On 7/1/2019 at 5:00 PM, celoplyr said:

I found a phenomenally good deal on the unlimited beverage package for my sailing next June.  

Any chance that they'll call it an "error in pricing" and take it away from me?  Has this every happened before? I did get a confirmation email with it in it.  I booked for my whole party.

And because I know you'll ask, it was $18/day for the unlimited beverage package that included alcohol.

3 hours ago, cottagers2000 said:

According to the huge 140 pages and growing thread about upgrading the answer is no studios do not get offered the upgrade advantage program 

3 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Does anyone think it makes a difference if you have bid (and won) an up-grade before?

Closely guarded secret by the private firm that handles the bidding/upgrading for NCL - maybe a LOL matter !

Candidly I think so - past two cruises have won and now offered an opportunity on the third - - -

but there could be something to going to the well once too often as a winner.

For a precise answer get out the Ouija Board and or the Magic *8* ball for a definitive response !

Lady Luck be there when I need you !

On 7/6/2019 at 9:48 PM, cottagers2000 said:

Only if in the UK or, I think, the rest of Europe.

American Studio bookers don't get the option, for some obscure reason.