Concierge Welcome Champagne

seacruiser123

Don't remember  the exact name but it was a champagne  from the Champaign  region. Not the one pictured above.  We were on Nautica concierge cabon this past January

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

Not to jump on this thread, but can the champagne be exchanged for a bottle of still wine?

supposedly  you can now

It will be House  red or white  they give you   just ask your steward

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Don't remember  the exact name but it was a champagne  from the Champaign  region. Not the one pictured above.  We were on Nautica concierge cabon this past January

Legally it's not Champagne unless it's from that region.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, clo said:

Legally it's not Champagne unless it's from that region.

Appreciate you sharing that with us. I don't think I've ever heard that before. 

• Like 1

I've been able to exchange it for a decent bottle of what they are pushing at the time. Haven't liked champagne since it gave me my first hang-over almost 70 years ago [talk about holding a grudge!].

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have actually seen two different brands of champagne. My mother had one, and my SO and I another, on the same cruise, in February. For the life of me I can't recall what either were and I just deleted the pics I took of the bottle in the wine cooler

Minirottle;

The complimentary bottle of champagne for Concierge and above is typically different from the champagne served by the glass at the bars and dining venues.

My TA grated us a bottle on one cruise. It also was chilling awaiting our arrival. It was different than the house  provided bottle.

The possibly always exists that since they rotate champagne offerings, your cruise may have been in a change over where some passengers got the outgoing brand and some got the new in coming brand . Only the menus in the Specialties never change! Champagne offering do!

Edited by pinotlover

42 minutes ago, minirottie said:

I have actually seen two different brands of champagne. My mother had one, and my SO and I another, on the same cruise, in February. For the life of me I can't recall what either were and I just deleted the pics I took of the bottle in the wine cooler

were you both in A cabins ?

I think the PH & Suites  get a different brand  than the  A cabins

I've seen Perrier Jouet and Veuve Clicquot. The PJ was in another cruisers suite and they at the time were one of the top cruisers on Oceania. I doubt everyone gets that one. I believe we got the Veuve Clicquot on our 20th cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I've seen Perrier Jouet and Veuve Clicquot. The PJ was in another cruisers suite and they at the time were one of the top cruisers on Oceania. I doubt everyone gets that one. I believe we got the Veuve Clicquot on our 20th cruise. 

Years ago it was PJ in the Concierge cabins  then the last time we had it was Jacquart

I prefer PJ 😉

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Years ago it was PJ in the Concierge cabins  then the last time we had it was Jacquart

I prefer PJ 😉

You might enjoy this 🙂  This artist, Guy Buffet, was hired by the French government IIRC to paint a series of paintings to celebrate some milestone birthday.  You'll recognize the flowers on the bottle but can you see the cork popping out and the letters PJ on it.  A favorite piece of ours.

20190709_160727 - Edited.jpg

On 7/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, seacruiser123 said:

Can anyone advise as to the actual Welcome Champagne bottle offered to the Concierge level cabins? What champagne house is it? TIA

Recent cruise served Champagne Krug Vintage Brut 2000.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, LHT28 said:

were you both in A cabins ?

I think the PH & Suites  get a different brand  than the  A cabins

Ah, that explains. Boyfriend and I were PH and mom wasn't.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, ORV said:

Our upcoming cruise in the fall is my mom's 20th..will have to see if she gets the good stuff 🙂