MDR/WJ menu differences on NE/Canada Cruise + opinions on radiance class (brilliance)

In my research for my cruise next year I stumbled upon some 7N NE/Canada cruises on Brilliance our of Boston in sept/oct 2020. I’ve never done a NE cruise, and am possibly considering it over a Bahamas itinerary for something different. Couple questions:

1) on my last cruise out of Southampton I found the food lacking compared to my previous cruises out of Baltimore & Fort Lauderdale. My thoughts were maybe this was due to the departure port. Specifically I found a lack of good seafood options. Would a cruise out of Boston going north have menus that reflect that region? Will there be more abundance of seafood options? On independence out of Southampton the only venue I could find scallops on the ship was in Izumi hibachi.

2) what are some overall opinions on radiance class ships? I’ve sailed on vision, freedom & oasis class. I liked the layout of grandeur (vision class). From some videos it seems like brilliance is an upgraded vision class ship, is that the overall feel?

Much appreciated

I agree that Brilliance could be looked at as an upgraded Vision class.  It has all that Vision has and more.  I only have two complains about Radiance class:

1) The centrum sometimes acts as a very efficient cigarette smoke and sound  distribution system.  I try to stay away from staterooms close to the centrum.

2) Radiance class has a kiddie pool area, which is great for the children, but does result in the main pool area being smaller than that on Vision class.

I don't think the menu will be significantly different than if the ship was cruising to the Bahamas or Caribbean.  I think the food varies more due to different chefs and F&B managers, than due to a different itinerary.

We’ve done several Canada/NE cruises and have not seen differences in menus. However, you will find wonderful seafood options in the various ports. We really tend to overdose on lobster.