Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Aft or side JS - Navigator 3 nights.  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Which JS would you pick?

    • Navigator 1694 Aft JS
      15
    • Navigator 1358 JS
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 First JS, and I know 1694 has a super structure behind, but on deck 10 it seems it may not be that intrusive based on a youtube video. Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated, and reasons why?

Edited by Mikew0805

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go with the aft facing stateroom.   Huge balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd go with the aft facing stateroom.   Huge balcony.

 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely aft 

That is the one I have. I do not know why I am questioning. Actually, it will be the first aft cabin for us ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

 First JS, and I know 1694 has a super structure behind, but on deck 10 it seems it may not be that intrusive based on a youtube video. Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated, and reasons why?

 

I keep booking Aft, and I keep complaining about the walk when onboard. Go figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John&LaLa said:

 

I keep booking Aft, and I keep complaining about the walk when onboard. Go figure

LOL. I thought about that, and then realized... I can use the extra walking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL. I thought about that, and then realized... I can use the extra walking. 

 

It's not a while lot farther than the other stateroom you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL. I thought about that, and then realized... I can use the extra walking. 

 

Depends on your alcoholic intake 🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Host Clarea said:

 

It's not a while lot farther than the other stateroom you mentioned.

 

Big fan of being next to aft elevator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the balcony on Mariner 1694. I anticipate Navigator 1694 will be the same and I have booked it for my daughter and family for our August cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you are in for a b2b, it is either 3 or 4 nights. So, if there is a price difference, save the money for coconut land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aft! Obstruction wasn’t a problem for us on lower aft decks. It will be even less noticeable on deck 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here’s the view from our aft JS on Freedom. Different class ship, but same structure issues.  Deck 7, I think, so the obstruction was more than you’d see from deck 10. I’m really fussy about my view, and I’d definitely book this cabin again. It seems like a lot of obstruction in this picture, but it really didn’t bother us at all.

 

Edit: It bugged me that I couldn’t remember the room # so I went and looked it up. We were in 7412.

7A9ADA24-3D49-4507-85C3-BC9B48257221.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
Added cabin number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Depends on your alcoholic intake 🍺

Which is almost zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

80C625F1-B293-4EA4-B9EA-EF64A8AF29DC.jpeg

Oh boy... I like that balcony and that solid wall. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Unless you are in for a b2b, it is either 3 or 4 nights. So, if there is a price difference, save the money for coconut land. 

It's three nights... and it is comped. The offer arrived while on was on the Cuba cruise, so all the longer ones were already gone. This actually works out since it only required one day off for my other half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO this aft JS is the best on voyager class.  Massive balcony almost same size as cabin.  Bulkhead over the top can create additional noise from other afts but corridor is very quiet.  No issues with soot from exhaust stack.

 

View is fantastic and structure amounts to about 2% obstruction.  Not an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for 1694...you'll love the view from the bigger balcony...we did. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aft all the way. I'd book an aft over anything else. Can't beat an afternoon nap on a that big balcony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

It's not a while lot farther than the other stateroom you mentioned.

It's true. I really meant in general I knew it was a longer walk, but it will be fine. At my age, and general good health, I should not be fussy about walking. Based on all the responses, and that I was pretty sure anyway... I am keeping 1694.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beav1279 said:

Aft all the way. I'd book an aft over anything else. Can't beat an afternoon nap on a that big balcony!

Yep.. will be nice since we have no intention of leaving the ship in Nassau. I can read a book out there. 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Here’s the view from our aft JS on Freedom. Different class ship, but same structure issues.  Deck 7, I think, so the obstruction was more than you’d see from deck 10. I’m really fussy about my view, and I’d definitely book this cabin again. It seems like a lot of obstruction in this picture, but it really didn’t bother us at all.

 

Edit: It bugged me that I couldn’t remember the room # so I went and looked it up. We were in 7412.

7A9ADA24-3D49-4507-85C3-BC9B48257221.jpeg

This pic was taken leaning out from the aft balcony on Explorer of the Seas 1694.

20170409_135146.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...