Expedited boarding experiences?

Hi all, with our first 4 day cruise we got expedited boarding. We are on HOTS and did not receive it this go around. Is there a chance it gets added on prior? We are only C&A gold, but it says priority check in is a perk. Does that mean expedited?

would love to hear your experiences!

4 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all, with our first 4 day cruise we got expedited boarding. We are on HOTS and did not receive it this go around. Is there a chance it gets added on prior? We are only C&A gold, but it says priority check in is a perk. Does that mean expedited?

would love to hear your experiences!

As a gold member, your boarding will be just before those who have no status or are on their first cruise. 

The  boarding process happens very quickly. Your gold group will likely be called just 15 minutes (or less) after the initial first priority  suite and pinnacle boarding begins. 

Enjoy

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Hi all, with our first 4 day cruise we got expedited boarding. 

I think you are talking about a trial that RCI is doing with just some people on some ships- that is not available fleet wide. 

Check in and boarding are two different things.  Unless you buy the Key( new program) or are in a Suite, your boarding number is based on a few factors such as your C&A status.  As a Gold member, you will be 5 or 6 categories down.  But the time difference between the first group and last one called is usually under 20 minutes.  Or just show up after boarding has begun 10:30-11 and walk right on

as a returning cruiser, you will have access to a line for check in that will maybe be shorter than the one for new cruisers.  Or not.  

The term expedited checkin refers to the SetSail pass. It has no connection to your C&A status.

This is Royal's new process to "automatically" recognize you when you enter the terminal and bypass all queues. However, it is currently in a trial only.

From what I understand, it's largely based on 2 things:

• Luck of the draw.
  • Whether your uploaded SetSail photo meets certain criteria.

I had expedited check-in one time, it was right after I had downloaded Royal's mobile app. At that time expedited check-in was being given to anyone who did their online check-in through the app. I did not download my picture and still got it. I noticed in May that Terminal 18 at Port Everglades actually has a designated seating area for Expedited , it is right behind the seating area (boarding area) for the Key and for Suites/Pinnacles.