Alcohol on board

firstimercruiser

As per the T&C on the website, at 1350 27/01/06:

ALCOHOL

IMPORTANT: To ensure the safety and comfort of all onboard, we wish to advise that passengers will no longer be permitted to take on any alcohol for personal consumption. Duty-free and personal alcohol purchased shoreside, must be surrendered by passengers at embarkation or prior to boarding in any port. All alcohol will be held under bond and returned at disembarkation in the final port of call.

Please note that all luggage, both hand and check-in, will be x-rayed at embarkation.

I couldn't see any other reference to being able to take even the bottle of wine or champagne on board.

Also, it still mentions there is a kids dining time of 5.00pm.

Trevor

Some of our group received the flyer stating the change in policy of no spirits onboard, we didnt. We boarded with a bottle of homemade baileys in our suitcase and nothing was said. Once we were onboard in the daily newspaper it said that we were allowed the 1 litre. I don't know what the policy is really.

Hi Disney, having a great time?

I really think the "safety & comfort" excuse is just that - an excuse! What's difference, as far as safety & comfort go, between drinking in your cabin and drinking at the bar? NONE! I reckon it is purely & simply to get you to spend more money on board.

Kaern

I noticed the 9:30 curfew in our tickets (we go them this week). I thought kids were welcome to attend the evening shows when accompanied by a parent / guardian?

i can understand they don't want noisy kids running around during shows but if they are the responsibility of the parents then whats the problem ?

Do you guys reckon they will stop people bringing Wine and Champagne onboard or just spirits ?

Do you guys reckon they will stop people bringing Wine and Champagne onboard or just spirits ?

It's my understanding they've stopped everything. On the website that they updated today, there's nothing about being able to take wine or champagne aboard, it used to say you could in the "Embarkation" part. Now, in the T&C, it says flatly, NO alcohol is to be taken on board:

ALCOHOL

IMPORTANT: To ensure the safety and comfort of all onboard, we wish to advise that passengers will no longer be permitted to take on any alcohol for personal consumption. Duty-free and personal alcohol purchased shoreside, must be surrendered by passengers at embarkation or prior to boarding in any port. All alcohol will be held under bond and returned at disembarkation in the final port of call.

Please note that all luggage, both hand and check-in, will be x-rayed at embarkation.

Trevor.

I was always under the impression that kids were not allowed in the lounges after 9.30pm, must have read it somewhere (in the daily on board I think) but maybe they are going to start enforcing it as too many people are complaining about kids roaming the ship at night. As AussieDF says in her post today lots of kids are signing themselves out of kids club and roaming the ship. On our cruise I noticed this a lot more than on previous cruises, I think the few ratbags are going to end up spoiling it for the supervised kids on board and thats a shame. I know that when we travel with my grandkids they won't be allowed to act like some we saw, well not if they value their life anyway. :)

Our TA has told us that if we would like the kids to attend the shows then that's OK as they are with us. Someone mentioned that there was a magic show on Sun. OUr kids are only 6 and 8 but are in awe of these kinds of shows. I hope that other children don't ruin for the children who can behave. This is why we have taken the 1st dinner sitting, so that if the kids want to spend time with us they can.

I was always under the impression that kids were not allowed in the lounges after 9.30pm, must have read it somewhere (in the daily on board I think) but maybe they are going to start enforcing it as too many people are complaining about kids roaming the ship at night. As AussieDF says in her post today lots of kids are signing themselves out of kids club and roaming the ship. On our cruise I noticed this a lot more than on previous cruises, I think the few ratbags are going to end up spoiling it for the supervised kids on board and thats a shame. I know that when we travel with my grandkids they won't be allowed to act like some we saw, well not if they value their life anyway. :)

I would say the show lounge, during shows, would be the one exception to the 9.30 rule. We were always at the second (10.30pm) show on Pacific Sun and there was always kids there then.

• Customs – embarking

Duty-free alcohol over one bottle (1125 ml) per adult passenger will be taken prior to embarking and a receipt issued. For any items you have purchased and are eligible for a refund on the GST which was paid, please see the Customs Officer who operates the Tax Refund Scheme (TRS) at embarkation, with your tax invoice.

Just copied the above form the P&O website. To me, that reads as being allowed to take 1 bottle in your cabin. Appears their instructions are contradictory. Wish they'd get it right.

Karen

Hi Karen

I took it to read the same as you and so did my travel agent when I asked her yesterday. It appears as though the wording means that you can bring a maximum of 1 bottle per pax but it is still ambigious.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if anyone tries to take alcohol and if it is removed from them prior to getting on the ship.

Cheers Rach

Hi Karen and everyone else

I just went back to the p & o site and the new booking conditions state that you cannot take any alcohol on board at all.

ALCOHOL

I guess i'll need to let my travel agent know on Monday as she was going to check for me.

Cheers Rach

Hi Karen and everyone else

I just went back to the p & o site and the new booking conditions state that you cannot take any alcohol on board at all.

ALCOHOL

I guess i'll need to let my travel agent know on Monday as she was going to check for me.

Cheers Rach

It's going to be like smuggling alcohol into a school dance when we were younger ;) LOL

Trev

Archived