Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
FranciscoFamily

Celebrity Eclipse-first Celebrity cruise, many questions

Recommended Posts

1. on embarkation day, is lunch provided on board?

2. if we have main dining, I believe we are eating around 6pm....evening show is at 9...what do you do between dinner and show?  Are there evening parties/comedians/adult entertainment in the bars after the evening show?

3. How many pools are there?  Are there hot tubs?

4.Where can we eat for free?  We have an ocean view cabin, not planning any specialty dining this first trip.  I know there is a main dining room and a buffet....what else is available?

5. We have main dining, will we be seated with other folks ?  And will it be the same folks every night?  What about servers?  Same servers every night?

6. What else do I need to know for my first Celebrity cruise, we have cruised many many times on Disney and have done a few RCCL and one Carnival.

7. We have the classic drink package....can we get specialty coffees?  I mean like lattes and such.  What about smoothies?  What about frozen drinks?  We are not huge drinkers but would like to know what's included so we can take advantage.  I've seen a lot of thread about this but they all seem to relate to upgrading to premium or paying extra...I'm just wondering what's covered on the package we have.  I assume all sodas are covered?  Even from room service?  What about regular bottled water?

 

Thanks so much for all you can tell me, I appreciate it!

I did search but so many many threads are revolving around either Edge or concierge/suite or other specialty passengers so I haven't been too successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes on lunch.  There is a list of no-extra charge venues and they include main dining room, Oceanview Cafe (buffet), pool grill, and Cafe Al Baccio.  I am probably leaving some out.

 

Here is summary of Classic Drink Package:

 

Overview

Reserve our Classic beverage package before you sail, so you can start relaxing a little early. Pay one set price for a select variety of drinks, which include your favorite cocktails, frozen drinks, wines by the glass, delicious coffees and teas, as well as unlimited sodas and bottled water. When you purchase bottles of wine on board, you’ll receive a 15% discount. Plan now, so that when you come aboard, you can start enjoying your vacation immediately.

 

VODKA: Absolut and Flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s

GIN: Beefeater, Bombay Dry, Gordon’s

TEQUILA: Cazadores Blanco, Don Julio Blanco, Herradura Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH): Canadian Club, Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s 7, Seagram’s VO

COCKTAILS: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

RUM: Bacardi & Flavors, Bacardi Oakheart, Captain Morgan's, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew

LIQUEURS & COGNACS: Campari, Galliano, Goldschlager, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Kirsch, Licor 43, Novo Fogo Cachacas Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

BEERS: Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs), Amstel Light, Boddington’s, Coors Light, Corona Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Strongbow hard ciders

WINES: A large selection of wines from around the world, such as chardonnays from California, merlots from Washington, malbecs from Argentina, and riojas from Spain

NON-ALCOHOLIC: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will start answering your list and hope others will also chime in.

 

Regarding dining, Celebrity has two options for those not in either Aqua or Suite staterooms.  The main dining room will have both Select (Celebrity's term for anytime dining) and traditional seatings (two seatings generally at 6PM and 8:30 PM).  The evening theater shows are generally at 7 PM with  a repeated show at 9 PM (occasionally timings can be different on "Evening Chic" nights).  There will be music in the evenings in various bars around the ship, and that will no listed in the "Celebrity Today" which will be delivered each evening.

 

The MDR meals are included in your cruise fare.  It is open for breakfast and dinner, and open for lunch on sea days.  You can also dine at the Aqua Spa Cafe (breakfast and lunch) and in the buffet.  The offerings at the Cafe al Bacio are also no additional fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Yes on lunch.  There is a list of no-extra charge venues and they include main dining room, Oceanview Cafe (buffet), pool grill, and Cafe Al Baccio.  I am probably leaving some out.

 

Here is summary of Classic Drink Package:

 

Overview

Reserve our Classic beverage package before you sail, so you can start relaxing a little early. Pay one set price for a select variety of drinks, which include your favorite cocktails, frozen drinks, wines by the glass, delicious coffees and teas, as well as unlimited sodas and bottled water. When you purchase bottles of wine on board, you’ll receive a 15% discount. Plan now, so that when you come aboard, you can start enjoying your vacation immediately.

 

VODKA: Absolut and Flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s

GIN: Beefeater, Bombay Dry, Gordon’s

TEQUILA: Cazadores Blanco, Don Julio Blanco, Herradura Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH): Canadian Club, Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s 7, Seagram’s VO

COCKTAILS: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

RUM: Bacardi & Flavors, Bacardi Oakheart, Captain Morgan's, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew

LIQUEURS & COGNACS: Campari, Galliano, Goldschlager, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Kirsch, Licor 43, Novo Fogo Cachacas Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

BEERS: Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs), Amstel Light, Boddington’s, Coors Light, Corona Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Strongbow hard ciders

WINES: A large selection of wines from around the world, such as chardonnays from California, merlots from Washington, malbecs from Argentina, and riojas from Spain

NON-ALCOHOLIC: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas

Thank you for this, I have read it before but some things are still not clear to me as I have never had a drink package before....I do not know what is meant by "premium coffee", is that the fancy coffee drinks my husband gets at starbucks?  Lattes and frapacinos and such?  I do not drink them but he enjoys them so I wondered if that is what was meant by premium coffee.  Also, I see the brands of liquor listed but I specifically was interested in whether frozen drinks, mixed drinks, the typical "drink of the day" type drinks I have purchased on other cruise ships, wondered if they were included.  Also didn't know if the soda was canned or fountain and whether or not you could get it from room service.  Other lines we have been on have had different rules.  None of this is super important and could be figured out within the first day or two onboard but I just thought I would ask.  Thanks so much!

 

Also, are some of those food venues for snacks?  Or a quick bite to eat poolside?  I have checked the website but could not find info on what that type of thing.  What about a late night snack?  Is there somewhere to get some thing at say 10pm?  I know there is roomservice.

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The MDR meals are included in your cruise fare.  It is open for breakfast and dinner, and open for lunch on sea days.  You can also dine at the Aqua Spa Cafe (breakfast and lunch) and in the buffet.  The offerings at the Cafe al Bacio are also no additional fee.

Is the aqua spa cafe not just for aqua class people?  What type of fare is served there and at Cafe al bacio?

 

Again, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. on embarkation day, is lunch provided on board?

Yes. You have several options around the ship including the Ocean View buffet and the spa area. IF you booked Concierge there is a lunch in the Main DIning. IF you are in a Suite you can have lunch un Luminae

2. if we have main dining, I believe we are eating around 6pm....evening show is at 9...what do you do between dinner and show?  Are there evening parties/comedians/adult entertainment in the bars after the evening show?

Dinner will take an hour or so...   There are options like getting an after dinner drink in one of the bars, enjoying the view on the decks, having coffee and dessert in Al Bacio. 

3. How many pools are there?  Are there hot tubs?

Without looking at the plans of the ship you booked--yes there is more than one pool and yes there are hot tubs. There is also an indoor pool (adults only most of the time)

4.Where can we eat for free?  We have an ocean view cabin, not planning any specialty dining this first trip.  I know there is a main dining room and a buffet....what else is available?

Main Dining Room, Ocean View Cafe, room Service (some items), Al Bacio, and the spa cafe are among your choices

5. We have main dining, will we be seated with other folks ?  And will it be the same folks every night?  What about servers?  Same servers every night?

IF you chose a 6pm seating you may or may not be at a table with others. We have had both situations over the years. Both are fun/different. Be open to how it works out. IF it is a "disaster" for your family-- speak with the Maitre D for changes

6. What else do I need to know for my first Celebrity cruise, we have cruised many many times on Disney and have done a few RCCL and one Carnival.

You already have your sea legs. Celebrity has fewer announcements. No hairy chest contest. No Flo rider. 

7. We have the classic drink package....can we get specialty coffees?  I mean like lattes and such.  What about smoothies?  What about frozen drinks?  We are not huge drinkers but would like to know what's included so we can take advantage.  I've seen a lot of thread about this but they all seem to relate to upgrading to premium or paying extra...I'm just wondering what's covered on the package we have.  I assume all sodas are covered?  Even from room service?  What about regular bottled water?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FranciscoFamily said:

.......

 

Also, are some of those food venues for snacks?  Or a quick bite to eat poolside?  I have checked the website but could not find info on what that type of thing.  What about a late night snack?  Is there somewhere to get some thing at say 10pm?  I know there is roomservice.

Is the aqua spa cafe not just for aqua class people?  What type of fare is served there and at Cafe al bacio?

 

Again, thank you!

 

 

The name of the Aqua Spa Cafe causes a great amount of confusion.  It actually existed prior to the introduction of Aqua Class staterooms.  The ASC is open to all -- it is not limited to those in Aqua Class staterooms.  It tends to offer lighter fare, and much of the food is pre-plated on small plates, so folks just grab what is of interest.  There are usually some cooked to order items too.  

 

In addition to some venues already mentioned I forgot to include the Mast Grill, which is venue open to all and included in your cruise fare (ie, no additional fee).  The MG will be open from 11 AM to around 6 PM, and has hamburgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and so forth.  Very handy for a quick bite poolside.  

 

The buffet will be open to around midnight to 1 AM.  While their cooked to order gill will be closed (generally closes around 9:30 PM) they will have pizza and a pasta bar open late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, your Classic Beverage Package includes cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and some specialty alcoholic coffees.  It also includes frozen drinks.  The Classic Package includes all drinks up to the $9 price point.  (Some waters and energy drinks that cost less are not included.)  Sodas are generally given in a can not from a fountain gun.  The basic difference from Classic to Premium is Classic uses well brands instead of call brands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you cant forget the fresh mad ice cream available every day in the buffet!!  And it's free!!

I love the fancy coffees and they are included in the beverage pkg, but when you see all those wonderful cookies and pastries in the display at the Cafe you can have as many as you want all day long as they too are included for everyone.  YUM YUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify- room service drinks (including soda or bottled water) are not covered under any package. You can get a can or bottle from any bar and bring it back to your room to keep in the fridge. The bottled water that is covered under the Classic package is a generic brand (not Evian, Perrier type brands) unless you have the Premium package. Smoothies are not covered under the Classic package. Frozen cocktails are covered. All the espresso-based coffee drinks are covered except the ones with alcohol (some people have reported success getting these on some ships, but don't count on it.) You can have all the usual  ( latte, cappuccino, mocha, caramel macchiato ).  If the wine or cocktail you want is over the $9 price limit, you pay the overage plus gratuity (so a $10 drink would cost you $1.20 extra.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Just to clarify- room service drinks (including soda or bottled water) are not covered under any package. You can get a can or bottle from any bar and bring it back to your room to keep in the fridge. The bottled water that is covered under the Classic package is a generic brand (not Evian, Perrier type brands) unless you have the Premium package. Smoothies are not covered under the Classic package. Frozen cocktails are covered. All the espresso-based coffee drinks are covered except the ones with alcohol (some people have reported success getting these on some ships, but don't count on it.) You can have all the usual  ( latte, cappuccino, mocha, caramel macchiato ).  If the wine or cocktail you want is over the $9 price limit, you pay the overage plus gratuity (so a $10 drink would cost you $1.20 extra.)

Thank you!  This is very helpful info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...