Live from Summit

Water709

57 minutes ago, PokerFaceNJ said:

Wow...I might have to stay away from this topic for the next week.  Due to board the Summit in 6 days and this live report is bringing me down.  Thankfully, I have read many positive reviews on the renovations and each person boarding may have their own perspective.  Got my fingers crossed that my wife and I will be impressed with every detail!!

I would take every comment with a grain of salt. Individual comments are just that....individual, and as such may have no relevance to my individual tastes and preferences. That goes for positive as well as negative reviews.

Here’s my personal opinion...you and your wife are about to embark on an exciting cruise vacation. That’s a good thing. Enjoy your time away. When your vacation is over, you will then be in a better position to evaluate the experience as it relates to the both of you, and that will be the review that matters the most.

Have a Great trip.

Randy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm enjoying your review.  We will be aboard the Summit coming up in November.  We will be in a sky suite too so most of your observations will apply to me as well.

The small table and the chair that won't slide under the table/counter has me baffled.  Why would one want a chair that won't slide under there is so strange.  Those two chairs on the balcony, ROTFL!  The cabin LOOKS great but I keep staring at that CHAIR!  The retreat lounge however looks GREAT!  

Thanks again for your review and pics!!

17 hours ago, PokerFaceNJ said:

Wow...I might have to stay away from this topic for the next week.  Due to board the Summit in 6 days and this live report is bringing me down.  Thankfully, I have read many positive reviews on the renovations and each person boarding may have their own perspective.  Got my fingers crossed that my wife and I will be impressed with every detail!!

p - everything will be great... maybe hot, but great.

bon voyage

• Like 1

I didn’t mean for this review to discourage anyone from sailing.  Hubby and I are enjoying our trip very much. We like the decor being brighter and more neutral. The new bed and bedding are fantastic.  The Retreat is just as nice as Michael’s Club, but Hubby misses the wood paneling and the big leather chairs. I find the decor in the Retreat to be refreshing. 

The sofa in the cabin is kind of hard but so was the older type in the previous Sky Suites.  You can’t really watch the TV from the sofa though, because it faces the bed and is at a right angle to the sofa.  We don’t use the sofa much so this doesn’t bother us.  

Regarding the table on the balcony, I think it’s a little smaller than the old one but still large enough for room service breakfast etc.  Last night hubby and I enjoyed sitting on the outdoor couch before bed.  

We have had a lot of rain these past couple of days so we haven’t been outside much, but are enjoying our cabin and The Retreat.  Excellent service in the retreat!!

regarding the size of our balcony, we always try to book SS 6132 or 6131 on Summit because of the oversized balcony.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

PokerfaceNJ - not to worry!  We were on the June 16 11-night Bermuda/New England Summit cruise and found little about which to complain.  It was our 39th Celebrity cruise,  5th Bermuda cruise and our 5th time on Summit.  Service was excellent, food was quite good and the recent renovation has breathed new life to this aging M-class classic.  Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by lysolqn
  • Like 3

Arrived today in Bermuda.  In spite of rain forecast, the weather is cloudy and sunny with just a few sprinkles of rain.  Beautiful moon late last night reflecting off the water, seen from our balcony .

EE030828-67CA-4BDB-92BB-E401390F040E.jpeg

• Like 8

On 7/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, montgomeryfamily said:

Water709, is the balcony table as big as the tables before the remodel?  In the photo, it only appears cocktail table size, but hopefully it is bigger.

We were 6132 last summer. This was the furniture then.

6132.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Water709 said:

We were in 6132 last summer too. This table is only a tiny bit smaller in diameter than last year’s.  It easily handles room service breakfast for two.  

53E764BB-C20A-4DB9-8D07-D0B011DC1F9D.jpeg

Wow, those chairs!  Nothing says sit and enjoy the view like a tiny little schoolroom chair. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

The balc  furniture is a definite downgrade. Wonder where are they buying such uncomfortable and rigid  looking furmiture..Looks like office  surplus goods or a school  shop project

The photos of the Anniv surprises look lovely.  HAPPY ANNIV!

• Like 4

Happy Anniversary.  Thank you for all your lovely pictures.  We have been in 6132 as well but on Millennium from Singapore to Sydney.  Loved the cabin.

I wonder of the metal balcony rails will need less maintenance.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Happy Anniversary.  Thank you for all your lovely pictures.  We have been in 6132 as well but on Millennium from Singapore to Sydney.  Loved the cabin.

I wonder of the metal balcony rails will need less maintenance.

I think you may be right.   I did notice today though when outside on deck 4, those railings are still wood. Maybe they only replaced the ones on the cabin balconies?  

Edited by Water709
Forgot something

2 hours ago, hcat said:

The balc  furniture is a definite downgrade. Wonder where are they buying such uncomfortable and rigid  looking furmiture..Looks like office  surplus goods or a school  shop project

The photos of the Anniv surprises look lovely.  HAPPY ANNIV!

Thank you!  Yes the balcony furniture was unexpectedly different.  The chairs do remind me of chairs at the elementary school where I teach!  I was really surprised at their choice of this odd furniture.  I mentioned it tonight to the concierge at The Retreat when he asked us what we thought of the revolutionization.  He didn’t know about the change in the balcony furniture so I showed him my pic. He was also surprised at how strange and uncomfortable it looks!  He said they are going to ask for feedback and will probably incorporate suggestions made by passenger’s reactions to the changes.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Water709 said:

We were in 6132 last summer too. This table is only a tiny bit smaller in diameter than last year’s.  It easily handles room service breakfast for two.  

53E764BB-C20A-4DB9-8D07-D0B011DC1F9D.jpeg

Good morning,

Is this type of furniture now on all the balconies on Summit?  

We will be on board this Fall in a concierge cabin and were looking forward to the comfortable chairs from previous cruises.  These do not look comfortable in any way!

Thank you!

• Like 1