Live from Summit

Water709

On 8/29/2019 at 12:15 PM, RichYak said:

I'm correcting my own comment. See the screen capture from Celebrity's own Revolution video below. Shows how much I know about decor.

celebrity-suite-furniture.JPG

no you are are correct. the chairs should be swapped. you are the new head of interior design. . that upright chair outside is what you need inside for posture's sake. ,  the white chair looks so much more comfy than the other. 

i couldnt resist posting a snapshot of a carnival suite and look at those inside and  outside comfy chairs too!

carnival.PNG

carnival grand suite.PNG

Edited by luckyinpa

On 7/8/2019 at 9:22 AM, PistolPete13 said:

Looking forward to following you along for the trip!

Here are photos of the Summit leaving NY Harbor yesterday.  The ship was really moving fast compared the the NCL Escape and Queen Mary 2 later that afternoon.

48227053111_83fc36fa6c_o.jpg

48227113412_94c0963e5f_o.jpg

48227113227_f7f9753524_o.jpg

These are great photos.  So nice of you to post these here. Were these taken from Brooklyn?

On 7/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, GeorgesGal said:

And the one on the veranda looks like it was created for short people!

On the whole, I think Ms Kelly Hoppen got a big discount from Ikea!  Or maybe Walmart.  That's where all the furniture looks like it came from.

Haha!  I was thinking the same thing! 

We were fortunate enough to stay in  a sky suite about 3 years ago on the Eclipse and spent so much time on the  veranda on the loungers and at the large dining table for breakfast and some lunches.
What a disappointment to see what junk they have out there now on the Summit.
Will be in a corner FV on the Summit in April and it looks like the aft FV and aft balconies have more comfortable furniture than the suites!  Doesn't make sense to me, unless I'm missing something.
Looking at a few pics of the PH veranda I didn't see any loungers but I did see some wooden blocks and a chair for 2. 😏
My theory is they've made the cabins and verandas less comfortable to stay and have room service in so that the passengers get out and about and spend more money.
Just MHO😉

I think you are probably correct!  Sad though because those of us who pay the extra $$ to have a veranda might be so disappointed in these new outdoor furnishings that we might consider sailing on another cruise line after this experience (which is what we are doing this year).

2 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Looking at a few pics of the PH veranda I didn't see any loungers but I did see some wooden blocks and a chair for 2. 😏

I was in the Summit PH both before and after the refresh.  The PH veranda after the refresh had wonderful, comfortable furniture, and it was vastly improved.  We did need two more lounge chairs and we received them.  The double lounge chair is very heavy and difficult to move into the shade, but it is quite luxurious and comfortable.  It was a dream to be in that cabin. 

Glad to hear you had those loungers after all, I thought that was a bit strange when I didn't see them.
And I'm sure the cabin was luxurious both before and after the refurb, don't doubt that at all.😄
The pics I saw of the balcony must not have done it justice.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should be happy that I'm a millennial who is too cheap to even have a room with a balcony at all on our cruise in April. No chairs to be concerned with. Ha. If Hubby and I will be eating any room service breakfast, it'll be on the bed in our inside room! 🙂

P.S. Despite being millennials, we like sailing with the more mature crowd on Celebrity. Makes us feel fancy. 😉