Live from Summit

Water709

On 7/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, MISTER 67 said:

I feel for you as I also drink at least 72 ounces of H2O daily because of having a bout with a kidney stone 2 years, there is no pain on earth worse than a kidney stone.

Thank you for being understanding of my situation.  I have a physical condition which causes kidney stones and I HAVE TO drink at least 72 oz of water/day as well.  I often drink water when I wake up at night also, and this is why I prefer to have bottled water with me at all times on a cruise.  It's not like I just "prefer bottled water" to other beverages!!  It's an absolute godsend when you have a condition such as mine and yours.  

Just an update on the photo situation.  This morning I got the email from Celebrity with the photos taken by the cruise photographers, as promised (and what we paid for as far as "digital").  For whatever reason not all the photos that were taken are included (we never did see the one taken just before boarding, either on the wall or in the kiosk) but I am grateful to have the ones we received.  I agree that the day and age of physical "prints" probably should be going by the wayside, to save paper, time, waste, etc.  I actually thought with the Celebrity App we might be able to view the photos every day on there while on the cruise, but hopefully that will be in the near future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Water709 said:

Thank you for being understanding of my situation.  I have a physical condition which causes kidney stones and I HAVE TO drink at least 72 oz of water/day as well.  I often drink water when I wake up at night also, and this is why I prefer to have bottled water with me at all times on a cruise.  It's not like I just "prefer bottled water" to other beverages!!  It's an absolute godsend when you have a condition such as mine and yours.  

I usually bring my Yeti on cruises because I prefer ice cold water over ice. I fill it up and take it with me to the pool and our room. You could take one, fill it with ice and hoard water bottles in your room. If you get a medical note, perhaps they would accommodate you in a better way. I don’t have your medical condition, but I drink a lot of water and at home and work.  My Yeti goes everywhere except the restroom with me, including my nightstand when I go to bed. If I wake up at night I always drink and I drink as I’m getting in bed. 

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I assume that third picture down is the veranda, I have a question, where do you sit and it seems there's a lot of wasted space. 

In the far left (top) of picture, there is a "clam-shell" big enough for two or three people.  However, since it's covered with canvas, it was like a sauna in there.  Missing from the picture are two loungers (by the two plants to the right).  Housekeeping asked if they could take them for "varnishing" about half way through the cruise.  We said OK, since we were not using them.  Also, around the corner (to the left) facing port, was a two-seater bench.  I'd have to say, the furnishings are much better post-Revolution.

52 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Thanks for posting the photos.  I'm in one of these suites in a few weeks.  Was the pullout bed acceptable?  And would you mind saying what are the fixes still to come? I notice the milk crates are still there, and the overabundance of small plants. Maybe we can each take one to get rid of these dust collectors? Thank you.

3 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Sofa bed is the size of a double bed.  (very wide).  There is more than enough room for a roll away bed (or two!).  But does the ship even have any roll away beds onboard??

I thought the "new, improved" sofa bed was touted as being a king size.  Won't get to test this out for a year.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I assume that third picture down is the veranda, I have a question, where do you sit and it seems there's a lot of wasted space. 

I had the same question.  Where did all the furniture go?  I've seen other photos with lots of new furniture on the deck.  Of course, one could always perch on one of those darling milk carton things.  I'm sure they're supremely comfortable and very conducive to relaxing on the deck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Thanks for posting the photos.  I'm in one of these suites in a few weeks.  Was the pullout bed acceptable?  And would you mind saying what are the fixes still to come? I notice the milk crates are still there, and the overabundance of small plants. Maybe we can each take one to get rid of these dust collectors? Thank you.

DD10 slept on the pull out.  She complained about the metal bar.  Obviously the "mattress" was way too thin.  Maybe a mattress topper will help.  All the plants, bowls, and corals around the room were nice.  They greatly brightened up the room.  All the doors are the originals, simply painted grey.  I brought extra door stops to stop their swinging and banging at night.  Two doors in the closet/dressing area would not stay closed.  I had to brace them closed with the bathroom garbage pail.  If not they would swing open at night and the closet light would go on.  The guest bathroom had horrible lighting.  There was no light near the mirror.  The guest shower had no shelf where you could put your soap or shampoo.  Pantry was simply painted and a new fridge was installed.  All the window treatments were new.  A/C was more than adequate.  Extremely cold in the living room.  DW misses the make up desk in the closet area. 

Also, Luminae was top notch as usual. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Just curious. Do those of you that splurge on these expensive suites spend a lot of time in them/on your private deck?  

What's your definition of 'a lot of time"?  We love our morning coffee out there, sail aways,  cocktails after dark, the occasional meal.  We enjoyed them most on the cooler (Canada/New England) cruises.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I had the same question.  Where did all the furniture go?  I've seen other photos with lots of new furniture on the deck.  Of course, one could always perch on one of those darling milk carton things.  I'm sure they're supremely comfortable and very conducive to relaxing on the deck.

You are correct guessing the furniture is not among the most comfortable lounge furniture ever made.  And those "milk crates" weigh about 50 pounds.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Just curious. Do those of you that splurge on these expensive suites spend a lot of time in them/on your private deck?  

I do.  During sea days I don't spend any time anywhere else, other than meals. 

Thanks Phil. Some of these are easy fixes that people have been talking about since the first cruise post rehab.  A place to put soap in a shower should not be hard to arrange , or doors that stay closed. 

• Like 1

We’re on the Infinity next year in one of the Sky suites. I’m glad that we’re cruising before the revitalization due to the changes that I saw here. Hopefully there will be enough negative feedback from the first three ships that X will make some much needed changes. 

• Like 1

On this (7/7/19) cruise, we also had a medevac on Monday.  Late morning, we veered off course to head closer to the mainland.  A CG helicopter met us around 2:20pm.  Sadly, a little girl needed immediate medical attention.  It was heart breaking to see the mom, dad and little girl (and some or their luggage) getting lifted off the ship.

IMG_1205.JPG

On 7/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Arzeena said:

You are good. You are not discouraging me. You are expressing your views. We are going in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to it! Looking forward to more of your review.

When are you leaving?

18 hours ago, Tatka said:

I just looked at the chart

Here are the birth years for each generation:
  • Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 – TBD.
  • Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 – 1995.
  • Generation X: Born 1965 – 1976.
  • Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964.
  • Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before.

My sister who is a few years younger than me is 1977 and my son is 1991. I don't feel that they belong to the same generation at all 🙂 ...

1977 can be a parent to 1995 🙂  Same generation?

I agree... these swaths of dates are too broad for marketing and certainly too broad with respect to life experiences/pop cultural changes etc

My brother and I are 2 yrs apart and would  fall into different groups despite having all of the same cultural experiences--  (like from LPs to 8 track to cassette to Cd to digital)

This grouping puts my late mother and I in the same group... and our lives/life experience and pop culture etc at say age 40 was very different

Our kids are 2 yrs apart and same thing-- re tech/pop culture etc the same but this "marketing" label puts them in different groups

Celebrity is still attracting "Baby Boomers"  who are the bread/butter  $

and with the "revolution" and E class is trying to attract others so they survive as the Boomers and priors stop sailing

It makes sense... Car companies, hotel/resort chains all rebrand as generations die off and pop culture changes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

On this (7/7/19) cruise, we also had a medevac on Monday.  Late morning, we veered off course to head closer to the mainland.  A CG helicopter met us around 2:20pm.  Sadly, a little girl needed immediate medical attention.  It was heart breaking to see the mom, dad and little girl (and some or their luggage) getting lifted off the ship.

IMG_1205.JPG

Great picture....

13 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We’re on the Infinity next year in one of the Sky suites. I’m glad that we’re cruising before the revitalization due to the changes that I saw here. Hopefully there will be enough negative feedback from the first three ships that X will make some much needed changes. 

I've been trying to catch some of the S class before they get hopelessly screwed up.  I think the M class is a gonner.  Two have already been done and the others don't sail where I want to go or I've already been there several times.

15 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've been trying to catch some of the S class before they get hopelessly screwed up.  I think the M class is a gonner.  Two have already been done and the others don't sail where I want to go or I've already been there several times.

I really don’t have an issue with the interior of the staterooms. I know that some do.  It’s the balcony furniture. Common sense states that balconies need comfortable chairs and in some cases where deck space allow a nice lounger or two. I know that X has someone assigned to reading CC so I hope that they forward this thread up the ladder. 

The Sky suite that we booked is located directly next door to the PH and I found a few YouTube videos and they’re not your standard S1. I also found a video of the IN from a few months ago and she still looks nice. We’re looking forward to spending 12 nights cruising on this ship.🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I really don’t have an issue with the interior of the staterooms. I know that some do.  It’s the balcony furniture. Common sense states that balconies need comfortable chairs and in some cases where deck space allow a nice lounger or two. I know that X has someone assigned to reading CC so I hope that they forward this thread up the ladder. 

RCL group have a team of people following comments across all social media, not just CC as most big corporates do. They are not interested in individual opinions they're job is to look for trends which are then fed back. 

The cruise survey at the end of the cruise is still their number one tool though because they can guarantee that person is an actual customer who has sailed recently etc.

So if people are unhappy, make sure you mention it and don't forget the email! 

3 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

IMG_1205.JPG

I hope the child is okay - I can only imagine how scared she and her parents must have been. Personally I thought it was incredibly tacky that Celebrity included video footage of the Coast Guard rescue in the cruise in review video. I saw a snippet of the video of almost this exact shot and hope they didn't include footage of the patient being taken onto the helicopter!