Live from Summit

Water709

14 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We’re on the Infinity next year in one of the Sky suites. I’m glad that we’re cruising before the revitalization due to the changes that I saw here. Hopefully there will be enough negative feedback from the first three ships that X will make some much needed changes. 

You will love staff in luminae and Micheals could not be better, we are trying our first  royal suite on infinity next year. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, philpcruiser said:

7/7/19 cruise.  Photos of PH.  Loved the Revolution renovation.  Way too much storage space.  There were some issues that still need to be addressed.

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Does the Penthouse on the Mclass have a butler entrance?  Not on S class- only one entrance. also on the veranda- not a fan of the boxes to sit on.  They look like shiva boxes, that is what Jewish people sit on during a mourning period- not a good idea at all!

Edited by Cruise a holic

12 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Does the Penthouse on the Mclass have a butler entrance?  Not on S class- only one entrance. also on the veranda- not a fan of the boxes to sit on.  They look like shiva boxes, that is what Jewish people sit on during a mourning period- not a good idea at all!

Yes there is a separate entrance to the Butler's Pantry direct from the hallway. 

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I thought the same thing about the boxes! Poor taste...

• Like 1

I had those same "punishment" wooden chairs on our veranda in our Sky Suite on Summit in May.  I told our Butler I did not want them, they were so uncomfortable (they were), not only being rock hard but no arms - are you kidding me?  He started hemming and hawing, I peeked through the divider to the next balcony that had the "normal" mesh chairs on most balconies, with arms, and he said "oh, that cabin is Concierge Class".

I looked at him and said "are you seriously telling me that Concierge Class should have more comfortable furniture than a suite?"

Chairs were switched out within 10 minutes.

And I'm so glad they are getting rid of those ridiculous toadstool chairs in the Retreat Lounge - I tried to sit on one and poked the top edge into my back and was in pain for days.

• Like 2

I think some of the complaints about the decor/furniture etc are a little too nit-picky... BUT... those wooden chairs on the sky suite balcony!??!  Like, for real!?? What the heck were they thinking? We sailed in that same sky suite in October and the old furniture was better. Simply the worst.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I hope the child is okay - I can only imagine how scared she and her parents must have been. Personally I thought it was incredibly tacky that Celebrity included video footage of the Coast Guard rescue in the cruise in review video. I saw a snippet of the video of almost this exact shot and hope they didn't include footage of the patient being taken onto the helicopter! 

What video?  I have close up shots of the family, but will not publish them out of respect for the family.

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Maybe we're meant to sit shiva to mourn the demise of comfortable, functional deck furniture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Does the Penthouse on the Mclass have a butler entrance? 

In the picture of the pantry, the door to the left of the counter is the door directly to the hall. 

I'm not an interior designer, but does a tan counter top go with grey cabinets?🙄

5 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

In the picture of the pantry, the door to the left of the counter is the door directly to the hall. 

I'm not an interior designer, but does a tan counter top go with grey cabinets?🙄

I don't have a problem with that.  At least it's functional.  Glad to see a new refrigerator.  Maybe the ice will dispense through the door as it should.

16 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

What video?  I have close up shots of the family, but will not publish them out of respect for the family.

The cruise in review video that you can purchase on the ship, showing highlights from the week. They were playing it in the photo gallery area on the last day of the cruise and when I passed by I saw footage of the Coast Guard guy being pulled up into the helicopter before they departed. 

22 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

They didn't do anything in the butler's pantry besides slap grey paint on everything and replace the refrigerator.  The existing countertops went well with the previous decor.

Looks like it!  The bathroom looks much better. Of course I’d be more than happy to stay there!

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Looks like it!  The bathroom looks much better. Of course I’d be more than happy to stay there!

The bathroom was actually redone prior to the Revolution drydock.  It was redone sometime between June '17 and June '18.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

The master bath doesn't seem to have changed at all.  There was a previous re-do in there.  I understand they've messed with the guest bath, can't remember whether the result was positive or negative.

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I understand they've messed with the guest bath, can't remember whether the result was positive or negative.

Negative.  The sink was changed.  There are no soap dishes on the sink.  There is no shelf in the shower to hold your soap or shampoo.  There are only two lights in the bathroom.  One in the shower, one midway between the door and the sink.  VERY dark at the sink.  So dark, you can't use the mirror.

This thread recently moved the focus to the Penthouse Suites. 

We stayed on a Sky Suite on the Millie in June in Alaska.  As it was way too chilly to sit outside, I cannot remember the furniture at all.  I know my husband does have pictures, which I will try to get a copy of and post here.  But, what I did want to share was that our butler did offer to bring in the table from the deck inside for breakfast in the cabin.  We did not take him up on it, but I gathered that perhaps he had done this before. 

So, my  question would be: How about the Royal Suites?  We were in 6141 on the Summit last winter before the changes were made.  We are going to be in another this winter.  Anyone have any pictures, experiences, pros/cons on the Royal Suite post renovations?  Would love to see what you all think.

2 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Negative.  The sink was changed.  There are no soap dishes on the sink.  There is no shelf in the shower to hold your soap or shampoo.  There are only two lights in the bathroom.  One in the shower, one midway between the door and the sink.  VERY dark at the sink.  So dark, you can't use the mirror.

Do they have any brains at all?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, TeeRick said:

Thanks for the ongoing review and pictures.  That inside sofa looks pretty uncomfortable to me.

And the one on the veranda looks like it was created for short people!

On the whole, I think Ms Kelly Hoppen got a big discount from Ikea!  Or maybe Walmart.  That's where all the furniture looks like it came from.

Edited by GeorgesGal
  • Like 1

There's a TR about a Millie AK sailing over on the AK forum. The link to the blog with photos of Sky Suite 6121:

https://ponyshots.smugmug.com/Travel/X-Millennium-Alaska-2019

The balcony furniture are two school chairs with a small but table height table and a couch. Edited to add...also seeing one of those "laptop" type tables "C" shaped that slide under the couch a bit near the couch.

GORGEOUS photos in this blog btw...

Edited by Anita Latte

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think all of this deck furniture should be swapped out with the pool deck furniture. Chair hogs never sit on it and you won't hear any complaints from the towels, books or flip flops.

Tongue in cheek but seriously, sometimes you just need a place to put your towel and flip flops. I've often thought there should be cubbies of sorts out at the pool, a secure place to put belongings while enjoying the pool area...

5 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

All very fixable.  Hope they get their act together before we board next year.

2 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Tongue in cheek but seriously, sometimes you just need a place to put your towel and flip flops. I've often thought there should be cubbies of sorts out at the pool, a secure place to put belongings while enjoying the pool area...

I. couldn’t agree more. I can’t believe that they can’t come up with something so simple. Ikea has a bunch of storage solutions and the style would keep with their decor.

• Haha 1