Cruise Critic Community

My husband is an avid fly Fisher. Any recommendations for a guide ?

7 hours ago, vino100 said:

My husband is an avid fly Fisher. Any recommendations for a guide ?

The only place I know of for is a large salt pond within the grounds of the Marriott Hotel.  I don't know if it's public or private, or how good is the sport.  Suggest you ask them if they could do something for you.

8 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The only place I know of for is a large salt pond within the grounds of the Marriott Hotel.  I don't know if it's public or private, or how good is the sport.  Suggest you ask them if they could do something for you.

PORT ROYAL you are CLASSIC!! I love you FOREVER!!

She's talking about Deep Sea Fly Fishing on a boat trolling for either Sea Bass, Sailfish, Mahi-Mahi, or MONSTER Red Snapper, with a fly rod and about 120.lb test spiderwire in the Atlantic Ocean. Not fishing the salt pond at the Marriott!! I LOVE YOU though!! NO NO NO I LOVE YOU!! That is SOOO AWESOME!! 

Leave the fishing to me, it's what I do, YOU stick with the "5 years or younger local rum on Turner's, Jolly, Darkwood or Valley Church beach on Antigua you NAILED that. BIGTIME, You stick with the rum sour Jamaican style at the bar in Ocho Rios, YUMMY!! Oh yeah and the Killer Bee's at Sunshine's on Nevis, certainly didn't want to forget that one.

My two-cents on hiring a guide or outfitter on St. Kitts. It's this simple, before I hand anybody much less a guide on St. Kitts $500 in cash minimum for a whole day of fishing, I wanna see the BOAT, I want to know exactly what I'm fishing for and what I have a genuine opportunity to catch, I want to see the bait I'm using, see pictures of fish that have been caught recently. I'm not giving a guide upwards of $700 for a day's fishing and coming back empty handed or catching a bunch of mackerel that I could have caught on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale for $30 all day long. 

Hope that helps Todd

35 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

PORT ROYAL you are CLASSIC!! I love you FOREVER!!

She's talking about Deep Sea Fly Fishing on a boat trolling for either Sea Bass, Sailfish, Mahi-Mahi, or MONSTER Red Snapper, with a fly rod and about 120.lb test spiderwire in the Atlantic Ocean. Not fishing the salt pond at the Marriott!! I LOVE YOU though!! NO NO NO I LOVE YOU!! That is SOOO AWESOME!! 

Leave the fishing to me, it's what I do, YOU stick with the "5 years or younger local rum on Turner's, Jolly, Darkwood or Valley Church beach on Antigua you NAILED that. BIGTIME, You stick with the rum sour Jamaican style at the bar in Ocho Rios, YUMMY!! Oh yeah and the Killer Bee's at Sunshine's on Nevis, certainly didn't want to forget that one.

My two-cents on hiring a guide or outfitter on St. Kitts. It's this simple, before I hand anybody much less a guide on St. Kitts $500 in cash minimum for a whole day of fishing, I wanna see the BOAT, I want to know exactly what I'm fishing for and what I have a genuine opportunity to catch, I want to see the bait I'm using, see pictures of fish that have been caught recently. I'm not giving a guide upwards of $700 for a day's fishing and coming back empty handed or catching a bunch of mackerel that I could have caught on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale for $30 all day long. 

Hope that helps Todd

Good evening my friend.

Thank you for your help.  

It shows the English in me, where fly fishing, casting on a lake or river, means something totally different to people in the USA.  I love it.

As I think you are a Rhum drinker, so just thought I'd let you know that I've just received my latest delivery from Martinique, which included 2 bottles of La Favorite La Filbuste 1993 at €147.00 each.

Just on these two bottles I saved over £120.00 per bottle, against U.K. Prices.  Will open and toast you.  No ice!

Still smiling over your post

Safe travels.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Good evening my friend.

Thank you for your help.  

It shows the English in me, where fly fishing, casting on a lake or river, means something totally different to people in the USA.  I love it.

As I think you are a Rhum drinker, so just thought I'd let you know that I've just received my latest delivery from Martinique, which included 2 bottles of La Favorite La Filbuste 1993 at €147.00 each.

Just on these two bottles I saved over £120.00 per bottle, against U.K. Prices.  Will open and toast you.  No ice!

Still smiling over your post

Safe travels.

That is really funny.

Martinique is one of my new FAVORITE islands, if you have a reliable rhum source on the island you are set. 

I just saw the La Favorite La Filibuste 1993 from Fort-de-France for sale online at $268(US) a bottle a little pricey but totally worth it, you are getting a much better price. You almost have to buy it that way or it will wipe you out. You have to make it work for you, btw when were we in the tour bus going to the distillery I don't think I have ever seen so much sugar cane in my life it was literally everywhere.

I forgot I drank some different rhums at the DePaz Distillery it wasn't the same kind of rhum as La Lavorite 1993, the rhum I had to drink actually had quite a bit of zip, real zippy, gotta sip it the sugar can throw me off.😁 Thanks for the toast sounds wonderful and enjoy your evening. No ice I have to remember that. Have a good evening, or very early morning where you reside. I have to get some sleep Good night.

Edited by TTEllis
typo