ed01106

Is the Sunrise a new ship?

Is Sunrise a new ship or a renamed one?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sunrise a brand new ship.

• Yes
    • No, it is renamed formerly the Triumph

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will move on as we are now doing commercials for Royal (wonder where they got the ideas for the slides and water park)?  If you think this is similar to what was done on the Sunrise I give up.  

I like both lines - but maybe Carnival should take some of their ideas like large common areas and advancing technology with each ship - I mean if they can copy a water slide.... I think Carnival was also gave birth to basic plans of the Oasis class.

Time to take it all back and stop pushing the Sunshining of their ships.

21 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, so I guess we can def say the new name has not swayed you....

Nothing to be swayed about or by.  It's a refurbished ship.  Other ships have had similar levels of refurbishment without renaming and I don't recall anyone referring to those ships as new.  The name is new.  The ship is not.  Some features are new, some venues renamed.  Just the facts. 

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

I like both lines - but maybe Carnival should take some of their ideas like large common areas and advancing technology with each ship - I mean if they can copy a water slide.... I think Carnival was also gave birth to basic plans of the Oasis class.

Time to take it all back and stop pushing the Sunshining of their ships.

10 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Nothing to be swayed about or by.  It's a refurbished ship.  Other ships have had similar levels of refurbishment without renaming and I don't recall anyone referring to those ships as new.  The name is new.  The ship is not.  Some features are new, some venues renamed.  Just the facts. 

OK you are both right.....I feel so much better now.

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Speaking of Royal Amplified, the press release for Allure was just recently posted and they are NOT changing the name of the ship. There's some great changes coming- looking forward to them on the transatlantic.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/?fbclid=IwAR0SEzqeT3AZDjo-9poHdMYePUSQk93Eo3Cg9PXgT5e-8DnanxuIv7OPgCM

I can see why they wouldn’t rename them. While there are adding some nice things, it’s not a total transformation like the 3 carnival ships. Those changes by RCL are more like the carnival 2.0 changes. 

1 minute ago, RRLLAL said:

I can see why they wouldn’t rename them. While there are adding some nice things, it’s not a total transformation like the 3 carnival ships. Those changes by RCL are more like the carnival 2.0 changes. 

What is so revolutionary about the Sunrise and Radiance?

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Those aren’t the facts. The fact is NO ship, carnival or other, has had the transformation that these 3 ships have. 

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

What is so revolutionary about the Sunrise and Radiance?

Pretty much everything except the steel (although they added some of that too) and what I will call the power train. Although I’m sure work was done on that too. 

7 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Pretty much everything except the steel (although they added some of that too) and what I will call the power train. Although I’m sure work was done on that too. 

Completely honest, I don’t think these changes are anything to write home about. Sure, they’re nice... but really, nothing special. Definitely not worthy of a name change, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Completely honest, I don’t think these changes are anything to write home about. Sure, they’re nice... but really, nothing special. Definitely not worthy of a name change, in my opinion.

Of course you don’t. I’m sure you didn’t watch that non carnival video either which captures most of the changes. Cabins and bathrooms were all redone too. It wasn’t just adding a bunch of bars and restaurants and public areas. They ship was gutted pretty much. Even changing the ship structure itself in the rear.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Of course you don’t. I’m sure you didn’t watch that non carnival video either which captures most of the changes. Cabins and bathrooms were all redone too. It wasn’t just adding a bunch of bars and restaurants and public areas. They ship was gutted pretty much. Even changing the ship structure itself in the rear.

Please... adding a ducktail in the back is nowhere near worthy of changing the name. Even Royal kept the name after expanding the Enchantment of the Seas and Princess kept the name after expanding the Island Princess. New furniture, extra bars and extra restaurants is just a basic refurbishment.

Edited by xDisconnections

32 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Those aren’t the facts. The fact is NO ship, carnival or other, has had the transformation that these 3 ships have. 

Plenty of ships have had much more extensive refurbishments.  Anyways, nothing really to debate.  This is an old ship, the Triumph, that has been refurbished and renamed.  It is not a new ship.  Transformation is marketing wank. 

37 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

If we are being honest, the latest changes are, I guess, Carnival 3.0 upgrades?what is so revolutionary about these 20 year old ships that went to dry dock?  They didn't even address the cramped lobbies or poor buffet layout built into these ships from new.  They added cabins and more features, but that's pretty standard for most cruise ship dry docks.  Some soft good were replaced.  Okay.  

If someone asked what is the latest and greatest Carnival ship, would you advise them Horizon or Sunrise? 

5 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

If someone asked what is the latest and greatest Carnival ship, would you advise them Horizon or Sunrise? 

I would reply Breeze or Magic to this question. 

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Sunrise! I've been convinced. 

6 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Sunrise! I've been convinced. 

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

If we are being honest, the latest changes are, I guess, Carnival 3.0 upgrades?what is so revolutionary about these 20 year old ships that went to dry dock?  They didn't even address the cramped lobbies or poor buffet layout built into these ships from new.  They added cabins and more features, but that's pretty standard for most cruise ship dry docks.  Some soft good were replaced.  Okay.  

You two must be very proud.....amazing how some things never change....report back to the old crew say hi for me.

24 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Please... adding a ducktail in the back is nowhere near worthy of changing the name. Even Royal kept the name after expanding the Enchantment of the Seas and Princess kept the name after expanding the Island Princess. New furniture, extra bars and extra restaurants is just a basic refurbishment.

Yea, I said the duck tail was the only thing new. Unless you’ve been on it along with the triumph, you have no valid opinion. It’s a completely different ship. Again, watch the video and you’ll get a sense. 

22 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Plenty of ships have had much more extensive refurbishments.  Anyways, nothing really to debate.  This is an old ship, the Triumph, that has been refurbished and renamed.  It is not a new ship.  Transformation is marketing wank. 

Tell me those plenty. 

18 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

It’s quite obvious you have no clue about the totality of the transformation. 

3 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

It’s quite obvious you have no clue about the totality of the transformation. 

I think you are overstating what they did - You like Carnival you think they are hitting their marks...

I don't think everyone is convinced that this extreme makeover was so extreme.

9 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I think you are overstating what they did - You like Carnival you think they are hitting their marks...

I don't think everyone is convinced that this extreme makeover was so extreme.

Do you know what they did in total compared to the triumph? 

6 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Do you know what they did in total compared to the triumph? 

I don’t see why you are so upset that people don’t agree with you. Asking that a question if I know what they did in total will not convince anyone that this extreme makeover makes this ship worthy of a new name or class or anything else. 

Have I been on this ship - NO 

Personally I think they did a better job on the sunshine with totally redoing certain areas and they cheated out and cut corners with The sunrise. 

Thanks to YouTube and social media I Have been able to see most of the ship before and after. It’s nice  what they did - took the ship 10-15 years forward. Not close to the other ships that are newer and far more advances. 

But you can ask questions and poke holes it’s not convincing me that this was so extreme and amazing. It’s a carnival ship! 

You saw videos? Cool. That means you watched the video I posted. Did you know there’s more cabins on the sunshine and that it’s max capacity is greater? Did you know the passenger to space ratio is the same for both? The LARGEST transformation with these 3 ships. No problem with a new name. Doesn’t change my cruise at all what it is called. Seems though it gets some people all up in arms. 

1 hour ago, RRLLAL said:

You saw videos? Cool. That means you watched the video I posted. Did you know there’s more cabins on the sunshine and that it’s max capacity is greater? Did you know the passenger to space ratio is the same for both? The LARGEST transformation with these 3 ships. No problem with a new name. Doesn’t change my cruise at all what it is called. Seems though it gets some people all up in arms. 

Again not sure not sure why this upsets you. You ask questions as if what you say is gospel?? You love the ships - wonderful. If we disagree that’s okay - your opinion is yours and we thank you for it but we can take it or leave it. 

Thanks for posting a video - did you maybe miss something on it that would sway all the people who disagree with your assessment of the “great” makeover??? They could put a horn on the ship and call it the Carnival Unicorn - I don’t care what they want to call it. My take on the ship is what the ship is. 

I personally like the sunshine better but my preference would be not to go on any of these three ships. I go because it’s fits my schedule and I love to cruise. I will have fun and live it up. If I didn’t have to fly and had a choice of ships I would take a dream class ship. Just wait until they take that and sunshine it as well with a smaller theater and convert common areas to more rooms - heaven forbid if someone says that was a bad idea.  We can call it the Carnival Makeover 

I feel they missed their mark with these ships - but it doesn’t matter as I will cruise them if it hits my vacation time. 

Be happy - this is a rich person problem to complain about cruises and ships!!!

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Again not sure not sure why this upsets you. You ask questions as if what you say is gospel?? You love the ships - wonderful. If we disagree that’s okay - your opinion is yours and we thank you for it but we can take it or leave it. 

Thanks for posting a video - did you maybe miss something on it that would sway all the people who disagree with your assessment of the “great” makeover??? They could put a horn on the ship and call it the Carnival Unicorn - I don’t care what they want to call it. My take on the ship is what the ship is. 

I personally like the sunshine better but my preference would be not to go on any of these three ships. I go because it’s fits my schedule and I love to cruise. I will have fun and live it up. If I didn’t have to fly and had a choice of ships I would take a dream class ship. Just wait until they take that and sunshine it as well with a smaller theater and convert common areas to more rooms - heaven forbid if someone says that was a bad idea.  We can call it the Carnival Makeover 

I feel they missed their mark with these ships - but it doesn’t matter as I will cruise them if it hits my vacation time. 

Be happy - this is a rich person problem to complain about cruises and ships!!!

Upset? Who’s upset? I’d say it’s this people falsely downplaying what changes were made. Pretty much everything was changed inside that ship and some can’t admit it. The changes are no big deal supposedly. Anyone that sailed the triumph and now the sunshine can see the total makeover. W en all the color schemes were changed and it is a beautiful ship. If you don’t like steakhouse fine. If you don’t like Italian food fine. If you don’t like bbq fine. If you aren’t interested in the largest red frog pub at sea oh well. Of you don’t enjoy a huge water park ok. If you don’t like rope courses fine. If you have no interest in suites at the very forward of the ship that’s fine. If total makeovers of all cabins in decor, colors, USB ports and bathrooms oh well. If a reconfiguration of one of the dining rooms to add more seating is a bad idea then hmmm. Do you like having a real coffee shop with huge doughnuts and muffins? Mmmm. Better than a counter in a hallway. A full bonsai sushi restaurant? Yes. A serenity area that triumph didn’t have. Adding ADA elevators to the upper decks is great for those handicapped. Do you like shopping? More stores were added. How about using the spa? It was expanded and modified. Relaxing. Do you like Asian food? Try the lucky bowl. Like many food options, it’s Free. 

Thats many of the changes, but not all. So anyone saying the changes were blah or no big deal can keep saying that. If you can get past the crowding on the lido deck buffet and figure out when to go or by using other free food options, you’d have a great time on a beautiful new ship. 

Try it, you just might like it. 

22 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Upset? Who’s upset? I’d say it’s this people falsely downplaying what changes were made. Pretty much everything was changed inside that ship and some can’t admit it. The changes are no big deal supposedly. Anyone that sailed the triumph and now the sunshine can see the total makeover. W en all the color schemes were changed and it is a beautiful ship. If you don’t like steakhouse fine. If you don’t like Italian food fine. If you don’t like bbq fine. If you aren’t interested in the largest red frog pub at sea oh well. Of you don’t enjoy a huge water park ok. If you don’t like rope courses fine. If you have no interest in suites at the very forward of the ship that’s fine. If total makeovers of all cabins in decor, colors, USB ports and bathrooms oh well. If a reconfiguration of one of the dining rooms to add more seating is a bad idea then hmmm. Do you like having a real coffee shop with huge doughnuts and muffins? Mmmm. Better than a counter in a hallway. A full bonsai sushi restaurant? Yes. A serenity area that triumph didn’t have. Adding ADA elevators to the upper decks is great for those handicapped. Do you like shopping? More stores were added. How about using the spa? It was expanded and modified. Relaxing. Do you like Asian food? Try the lucky bowl. Like many food options, it’s Free. 

Thats many of the changes, but not all. So anyone saying the changes were blah or no big deal can keep saying that. If you can get past the crowding on the lido deck buffet and figure out when to go or by using other free food options, you’d have a great time on a beautiful new ship. 

Try it, you just might like it. 

Best answer - your hired!! 

I am going on this ship - I will see it for myself. I am always excited to get on a ship - any ship.