Tragedy in Puerto Rico

sunonfire

Parents, relatives and friends of young children:  Don't put your infants or toddlers on deck or balcony railings for pics or hold them out windows - nuff said, accidents do happen, yikes, so sorry to the family of this tragedy.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing.  Just tragic.  I just got off of the Sunrise.  I was on the hoops court level and a baby was crawling near the railing.  The railing had what seemed like gaps in it that the baby might be able to squeeze through.  I was nervous and kept watching in case the baby got close.  I then saw that the railing opened to deck 10 below and not the side of the ship.  Made sense yet still would have been a fall.  Not sure they would have squeezed through anyway yet will I kept my eye on that baby.

• Like 2

No, this isn't a Carnival topic but a tragic reminder to be overly cautious so that nothing like this ever happens to one of  us. 

Bickering, placing blame etc have no place here and will NOT be tolerated -and if you want to read only strictly Carnival related posts, don't read this thread. Easy as that.  And only one thread on this topic.

Thank you

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

Very sad but one reason we never got a balcony when our child was young. 

Except this happened on the equivalent of lido and not on a balcony.  I cringe thinking of rhe family.  

July 8, 2019 Update: “Police said Monday that the grandfather of the 1-year old girl from Indiana told officers he lost his grip while holding her outside a window on the 11th story of the Freedom of the Seas,”  via ABC News.

This was posted as an update on CruiseLawNews

Karen

I cannot even imagine the pain that family and grandfather are suffering over this tragic accident. My husband and I were just talking the other night about all the things many of us have done and were blessed to not get hurt even though we could have been! Praying for this family, so sad...….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Except this happened on the equivalent of lido and not on a balcony.  I cringe thinking of rhe family.  

I realize this was not on a balcony but I was sharing my thoughts that what could have happened. God bless this family.