Equinox and fresh fish on the buffet

ALWAYS CRUZIN

14 minutes ago, Irishwhiskey said:

While onboard ship how did you find out about the fresh fish at the buffet? 

They have a TV at the entrance showing the main item being offered each day. One day after the other while watching it. The had a burger evening. The burgers were so big I did not get one. They did look great. Just to much for me. Do not like leaving food to get sent to the trash.

• 2 months later...

Hey there

We did B2B on the Equinox and evidently the fish/done your way etc is now done at LUNCH one day-- 

We had hoped to enjoy this at a dinner-- but it didn't happen.

We asked the Exec chef etc and evidently to do it--depends on what stock that they get in FTL and they determine IF they can do it at all. No dinner, just lunch.

Bummed

On 7/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, wishuponasea said:

A question......do you need to let the MDR know you won't be there one night (if we decide to do buffet for fresh fish)? I want to be polite so they don't hold our table and others can take it if we are not there. Also, how far in advance can you find out about buffet menus vs MDR menus?  Thanks! We enjoy the MDR, being served for a change; but dangling Fresh Fish in front of me and cooking it on the spot -- I would make the sacrifice to serve myself!  🙂  

If you're select dining, no need to let them know. If you're assigned dining you should let the waiter know not to wait for you to serve your table mates. The MDR posts the dinner menu for each evening just outside the door, usually after lunch. On the nights when the menu isn't appealing, we head to the buffet.

I'll mention this in case you're new to Celebrity: Everyday around 4 p.m, they put out a nice spread of tea sandwiches and little pastries in Oceanview buffet. My husband and I enjoy doing that once or twice during the cruise, in lieu of dinner. It's self serve, but still enjoyable. 

Edited by Marelaine
  • Like 1

I was on the Sept 13th sailing on Equinox.  One night they had a fish and chips meal on the buffet.  I asked some English folks what they thought of it and they said it was not good.  One night( maybe the same night) they had a fresh grilling station.  As I'm not a fan of salmon or mackerel, I passed.   

71331429_10156677667087616_813120979390693376_n.jpg

On 10/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, calicakes said:

I was on the Sept 13th sailing on Equinox.  One night they had a fish and chips meal on the buffet.  I asked some English folks what they thought of it and they said it was not good.  One night( maybe the same night) they had a fresh grilling station.  As I'm not a fan of salmon or mackerel, I passed.   

71331429_10156677667087616_813120979390693376_n.jpg

Not good meaning what. I had it and it was just fine. Not the best but good. Coating was not very crispy. Otherwise no fishy taste. Fresh tasting fish. As for the salmon. I do not care for it. My wife however loves it and according to her. The one she had was excellent. Freshness, taste and texture.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:13 PM, calicakes said:

I did not ask them to elaborate.  The English specialize in Fish/Chips, so I can imagine it wasn't up to their standards.  

We eat lots of fish and chips in New England. In my opinion, the fish and chips they served on our Reflection cruise in March were very good. The fish was battered and fried to a nice crisp and moist inside. It's best if you get them as soon as they're put out on the buffet. The chips were not great, though.