Cruise Critic Community
MSW117SL

Lunch Suggestions in Ketchikan and Juneau

I am looking for suggestions on where to eat lunch near port in Ketchikan and in Juneau. We will be just getting back from excursions and will want to grab a bite to eat quickly. We are not picky eaters, but not looking for highend restaurants since that would be lost on our young son.  Thanks!

Burger Queen in Ketchikan. A very small place with great burgers. In Juneau The Hangar or Twisted Fish.

I enjoyed the food stands in Juneau last week on my Island Princess cruise. I had salmon chowder at one and a king crab taco at another. The Salmon Spot is at 210 Admiral Way. The taco was from a little Mexican food truck near Deckhand Dave's Fish Tacos, 139 S. Franklin St. The wait for one of his tacos was too long for me, which is why I decided to give the other food truck a chance. It was very good. There's a crepe place right beside, as well as a brewery. There's outdoor seating available--and you have enough variety there for everyone to find something they'll like.

20190630_145741.jpg

I ate at the Alaskan Crepe Escape in Juneau two summers ago and thought it was the best meal of my vacation.  The Capital City Crepe was large and quite tasty.  It's close to the library parking garage and has outdoor seating.  Here's the website - https://alaskancrepeescape.com/

Enjoy!

Patti 

In Ketchikan Alavas for great Fish and Chips or chowder. It right outside the tunnel on the water side, sort of across the street from Burger Queen

Ketchikan we love the fish-n-chips at the Alaska Fish Company...a walkup counter style restaurant with inside or outside tables. It's right next to the Lumber Jack Show can't miss it.

Juneau it's Tracy's Crab Shack for us.

If you decide on some of the above post suggestions of Burger Queen check their hours and days of operation..hate walking there and their closed.

I would love some good wild Alaskan salmon in the salmon capital Ketchikan. Any recommendations ? 

We very much enjoyed Annabelle's in Ketchikan. Even with the crowd of Radiance and Grand Princess, the service was fast and on the mark. Food was outstanding.

19 hours ago, Becoming said:

I ate at the Alaskan Crepe Escape in Juneau two summers ago and thought it was the best meal of my vacation.  The Capital City Crepe was large and quite tasty.  It's close to the library parking garage and has outdoor seating.  Here's the website - https://alaskancrepeescape.com/

Enjoy!

Patti 

I second this! I just ate there a few weeks ago and it was great! 

In Ketchikan we really love eating at the Cape Fox Lodge - gorgeous views of the docks there and convenient for exploring Creek Street. You reach it by riding the funicular up the hill which your son might enjoy - then you can see the totems at the top of the hill and walk back down via Married Man's Trail. It's a nice place, but not too fancy and definitely kid friendly!

In Ketchikan, we ate at Dwyer's.  It is owned by the Dwyer family made famous by Deadliest Catch.  The crab bisque there is excellent.  In Juneau, we ate at Tracy's Crab Shack.