Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
crooooze

Bogo dining offer

Booked a Jan 2020 sailing on Anthem. Have not yet seen a BOGO dining offer yet. Is that something that would be offered closer to cruise time? Or is it possible it wouldn’t even be offered on this sailing?

Edited by crooooze

18 minutes ago, crooooze said:

Have not yet seen a BOGO dining offer yet. Is that something that would be offered closer to cruise time? Or is it possible it wouldn’t even be offered on this sailing?

I think BOGO offers are no longer a thing - Chops+1, 3 night and UDP are the usual offerings. 

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think BOGO offers are no longer a thing - Chops+1, 3 night and UDP are the usual offerings. 

What Biker said, plus on sailings of 10 nights or longer they offer a 5 night dining package.  

We were recently on Explorer and they still offer the BOGO to D+ and Pinnacle as a perk. You had to use it on the first or second night.

1 minute ago, robandana said:

We were recently on Explorer and they still offer the BOGO to D+ and Pinnacle as a perk. You had to use it on the first or second night.

That perk is a C&A coupon for D+ and PC, and works on every ship, except possibly on Majesty.

We have had BOGO offered onboard regardless of status. If they need to fill seats, they can be bargained with. If they are near full capacity, why would they offer BOGO?

18 hours ago, crooooze said:

Booked a Jan 2020 sailing on Anthem. Have not yet seen a BOGO dining offer yet. Is that something that would be offered closer to cruise time? Or is it possible it wouldn’t even be offered on this sailing?

I'm on the Aug. sail and the BOGO was offered about 6+ mos. ago for $50pp.  I did not take advantage as I was hoping it would come down to $40pp as it was for my Symphony sail in Feb.  Also, felt the it was cheaper for me to use the D+ BOGO coupon. 

As others have posted, the BOGO was replaced by the Chop's + 1, I believe for $75pp.

Keep checking regularly. On our recent Radiance cruise to Alaska, it only showed up for purchase a couple of times. First saw it about 14 weeks out, but it was gone a week later. When it appeared again at the 10-week mark, I grabbed it for $35ea. Never saw it posted again.

This was not a Chops+1. We did not have to pick Chops as one of the 2 restaurants.

3 minutes ago, doug618 said:

is the D+ dining BOGO still good on nights 1 & 2?

Yes.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, crooooze said:

Once on board and they start tossing you "deals" on dining, tell them directly you'll do specialty dining ONLY IF they BOGO the deal, give them your cabin number, sometimes they will call and offer it but it all depends on bookings and availability (including their desperation to get them all booked). On our recent cruise we didn't get it but got 40% off each at Chef's Table which is still ok.

We got the BOGO for our first portion of our B2B for the first two nights. I agree its based upon supply and demand. Anyways we like to do specialty two nights and the rest in the MDR so its a bonus for us. Perhaps on the 2nd portion we may go again but I doubt it because we eat well on and off the ship.

I don't know why but having a specialty dinner seems appealing the first two nights especially after  the long port day in Nice the second night where we will have a light lunch. 

On 7/9/2019 at 3:54 PM, LPTCruiser said:

Keep checking regularly. On our recent Radiance cruise to Alaska, it only showed up for purchase a couple of times. First saw it about 14 weeks out, but it was gone a week later. When it appeared again at the 10-week mark, I grabbed it for $35ea. Never saw it posted again.

This was not a Chops+1. We did not have to pick Chops as one of the 2 restaurants.

When it showed up on our cruises last year and for this year I jumped at the offer knowing that it goes away quickly and may not appear. I don't think twice and just purchase it. At $35 each with gratuities its an outstanding deal! That is $17.50 per restaurant and now it makes me want to upcharge to the Dry Aged Steaks at Chops and use our BOGO Wine Certificates each night! 

Edited by travelplus

We had it offered this past March on the Grandeur.  It was a great deal for us.  It wasn't offered until we were closer to the sailing date, about 60 days out.  My guess, it will be offered if they are trying to fill seats.

We have used the bogo many times before they started the Chops & 1. On the bogo  a service charge was not added. Also used the specialty Voucher's ( given by agents) and no  service charge.  We have been Diamond + for a long time but have never used the  1 or 2 night BOGO  offer. Do they add the service charge on these? Bob , im sure you know. We always leave server additional tip.   Thanks in advance for your time and response. Bob & Nancy

1 minute ago, villager70 said:

We have used the bogo many times before they started the Chops & 1. On the bogo  a service charge was not added. Also used the specialty Voucher's ( given by agents) and no  service charge.  We have been Diamond + for a long time but have never used the  1 or 2 night BOGO  offer. Do they add the service charge on these? Bob , im sure you know. We always leave server additional tip.   Thanks in advance for your time and response. Bob & Nancy

Since you are purchasing onboard to use the D+ BOGO, they will add the service charge.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Since you are purchasing onboard to use the D+ BOGO, they will add the service charge.

Thanks Bob for you usually  great info & quick response.  Bob

Edited by villager70