LAX Flights from Long Beach Cruise Port

We will be sailing on the Carnival Panorama in March 2020. We have sailed from various ports, but never from Long Beach. I have started looking at flights to see times that will work. It looks like the best flight for us is at 12:15pm. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 9am. We are Platinum and always do self assist, so we will be part of the first group off the ship. How long does it take to get from Long Beach to LAX on a Saturday morning?

Hi,

It is a bit unusual for a ship to come in so late at 9AM. We often cruise out of there and are usually outside by our car by 8:30AM! Ordinarily I"d say 12:15 would be easy but Panorama is soo big and new that we don't really know how it will work.

On Saturday traffic won't be bad but allowing for late ship arrival ,if you are off by 9:30 you can be at LAX before 10:30. For me that would be OK. Not sure how early you like to be at the airport and LAX is a busy one.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, riffatsea said:

Hi,

It is a bit unusual for a ship to come in so late at 9AM. We often cruise out of there and are usually outside by our car by 8:30AM! Ordinarily I"d say 12:15 would be easy but Panorama is soo big and new that we don't really know how it will work.

On Saturday traffic won't be bad but allowing for late ship arrival ,if you are off by 9:30 you can be at LAX before 10:30. For me that would be OK. Not sure how early you like to be at the airport and LAX is a busy one.

Thank you for the information. 

10 hours ago, Szoyka said:

Have you looked at flights in and out of Long Beach? It is so easy to get to and from the ship.

I’ve been looking at Long Beach also, but the tickets are almost double of what LAX costs. I don’t see them decreasing much either. 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, riffatsea said:

Hi,

This is a reassuring post.  I'm concerned about not making it to LAX in time too.  My debarkation is on a Friday, and my flight is at 1:00 PM.  So with the usual LA traffic, it might take a while to get to the airport.  But it looks like I have very little to worry about, provided that I'm smart about time. 

Factoring in Friday morning LA traffic, what time do you recommend leaving the ship, factoring in up an hour for Customs, to make it to LAX by 11:00 AM?  (Why so much time for Customs?  I'm cruising solo, and Customs don't seem to like solos very much.)  I will be using Carnival's airport transportation bus.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

10 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

This is a reassuring post.  I'm concerned about not making it to LAX in time too.  My debarkation is on a Friday, and my flight is at 1:00 PM.  So with the usual LA traffic, it might take a while to get to the airport.  But it looks like I have very little to worry about, provided that I'm smart about time. 

Factoring in Friday morning LA traffic, what time do you recommend leaving the ship, factoring in up an hour for Customs, to make it to LAX by 11:00 AM?  (Why so much time for Customs?  I'm cruising solo, and Customs don't seem to like solos very much.)  I will be using Carnival's airport transportation bus.

As you may have read above, the original poster said that they would be in the first group off the ship and would be carrying their own luggage. We do that too.

IF you are not planning to carry your own luggage off and you are not a  platinum,diamond, traveler or do not book a suite or FTTF then you will be off later than what I described in my post!!

I still think a 1PM flight would be OK . I recommend leaving the ship as soon as you are able to leave.

I wouldn't loll around. It is not "customs" but immigration that you will go through in the port.

The lines can be long the later you get off.

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

You'd have to prebook a car service  or shuttle. Shared shuttles don't just hang around at the port waiting to see if they'll have customers.

They do in some places like Ft. Lauderdale. They were just out there asking who needs a ride. Will look at reserving one at Long Beach then.

Many choices going  from cruiseport to airport.

Taxi $60flat

Shared Shuttle $17/pp they're located in the bottom level of the parking structure. 

Lyft/Uber

• Like 1