Jump to content

Platnium to Elite & Solo travel


go4ak
 Share

Recommended Posts

If I will be starting my cruise as a solo trip  would I be granted Elite status at the beginning or end of the cruise? I will be credited with #16 and #17 on this cruise.

At the end of the cruise I would have 17 cruise credits.

The Captain's Circle info says when you received your 16th credit you become Elite.

 

Just wondering.    Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You become Elite on your first cruise after completing 15 cruise credits.

If you already have 15 you should be Elite from the start of your next cruise.

Does it only say Platinum on your Circle account? If so you should use the 'Contact Us' feature on the website to ask why.

 

The second of my two solo cruises last year were Cruise Credits 15 and 16 for me. No that didn't entitle me to move up halfway through.😖  But if your last cruise was #15 you already are Elite.

Edited by fishywood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fishywood said:

You become Elite on your first cruise after completing 15 cruise credits.

If you already have 15 you should be Elite from the start of your next cruise.

Does it only say Platinum on your Circle account? If so you should use the 'Contact Us' feature on the website to ask why.

 

The second of my two solo cruises last year were Cruise Credits 15 and 16 for me. No that didn't entitle me to move up halfway through.😖  But if your last cruise was #15 you already are Elite. 

Perfect thanks so much. I am currently at 12 - but have a 1 credit and a 2 credit already schedule. That will get me to 15 full credits.  Bummer that they didn't make you Elite but at least you'll have it for the next one.

 

This is what I was reading that lead me to believe that you had to "complete" the cruise with the 16th credit.

ELITE

From your 16th cruise credit on, or 151+ cruise days
 
 
 
 
Thanks again.
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, go4ak said:

Perfect thanks so much. I am currently at 12 - but have a 1 credit and a 2 credit already schedule. That will get me to 15 full credits. 

Because you booked what rightfully will be your first cruise as Elite prior to reaching 15 cruise credits on intermediate sailings you will be listed as Platinum on all pre-boarding documents. Unless the gap between 15 and 16 is sufficient for the status in the Circle Center to change from Platinum to Elite don't be surprised if you are issued a Platinum cruise card (or Medallion) rather than a black one when you board. Just check with the Circle rep to make sure they know you are Elite, and you will be able to exchange for the proper color.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We may be issued the incorrect card when we sail in November. We have a 12 day cruise the last part of October then a 4 day gap before starting a 14 day cruise in November that will be our first as Elite. After the first cruise we will have 154 days at sea with Princess but I'm not going to hold my breath for Princess to figure out I should have the black card when we board for the next cruise 4 days later. I'm guessing we will have to visit the Captain's Circle Host to get it fixed. Of course they may surprise us. One can never be sure with Princess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

We may be issued the incorrect card when we sail in November. We have a 12 day cruise the last part of October then a 4 day gap before starting a 14 day cruise in November that will be our first as Elite. After the first cruise we will have 154 days at sea with Princess but I'm not going to hold my breath for Princess to figure out I should have the black card when we board for the next cruise 4 days later. I'm guessing we will have to visit the Captain's Circle Host to get it fixed. Of course they may surprise us. One can never be sure with Princess.

 

Usually takes a week or so to update their records and that isn't going to happen before you print your cruise boarding pass.  So you will probably not get into the Elite boarding group and will have a Platinum card to get onboard.  Folks in the terminal have no way to fix this (and don't actually work for Princess) but the Host onboard can update your records and arrange for your minibar setup.  Host will also print or arrange for new cards.  Make sure record is updated before you send out laundry - they charge your account and then later in the day will credit your account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made Elite in May with a cruise for October already booked. Cruise Personalizer still says Platinum but Ocean Ready (it's a medallion cruise) says Elite. From what I've read, Princess or your TA can force an update so I plan to do that when I make final payment via the TA later this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, LeeW said:

Usually takes a week or so to update their records and that isn't going to happen before you print your cruise boarding pass. 

 

Definitely the case since I'll likely print my boarding pass before the cruise prior to the one where we will be elite. At that time we will still be platinum. Guess I won't be able to "impress" anybody at boarding, eh? 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lstone19 said:

I made Elite in May with a cruise for October already booked. Cruise Personalizer still says Platinum but Ocean Ready (it's a medallion cruise) says Elite. From what I've read, Princess or your TA can force an update so I plan to do that when I make final payment via the TA later this month.

A TA has no control in those matters.

It is up to the Captains Circle staff to make that change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, Thrak said:

We may be issued the incorrect card when we sail in November. We have a 12 day cruise the last part of October then a 4 day gap before starting a 14 day cruise in November that will be our first as Elite. After the first cruise we will have 154 days at sea with Princess but I'm not going to hold my breath for Princess to figure out I should have the black card when we board for the next cruise 4 days later. I'm guessing we will have to visit the Captain's Circle Host to get it fixed. Of course they may surprise us. One can never be sure with Princess.

Might be worth a visit to the Captain's Circle host on the cruise that precedes the 14 day cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Might be worth a visit to the Captain's Circle host on the cruise that precedes the 14 day cruise.

 

D'Oh! Never occurred to me. Perhaps I will do that very thing. Thanks for poking my brain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I've booked a cruise before moving up in status, it remained the status I was in when I booked it.  A quick call to customer service changed it immediately, but I did need to make the call.  Would it have worked itself out on its own?  Maybe, but I didn't want to take the chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...