Transfer from BCN to port?

petuniaflower

3 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

What would be the cheapest way to get to the port for 6?  Is there Uber in Spain?

No.. But that can change by the time you go as it's recently been a issue.

Use a Taxi...they have large taxi type vans and their pretty cheap and easily available.

Edited by Ashland

The taxi line at the airport and the port is well supervised. They will put you all and your luggage in a mini van. The taxis in Barcelona are metered so depending on traffic it'll probably work out a lot cheaper than a pre booked transfer.

7 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Thx!  Any guesstimate of how much?

And I assume there will be signs for taxi area?

Also, would we just say to the cruise port, or is there a particular/different ports?

It was about 30 euros from memory. 

BCN is a big airport and really well sign posted.

The cruise port is also massive and there will be more than one ship, possibly five or six! It helps to have your docking information but the taxi driver will know where your ship. Don't worry if the taxi appears to drive past your ship. The road network in the port area is excellent!

When do you leave? Enjoy your cruise Petunia.

We used "welcome pickups" for 4 transfers in Barcelona.

They use taxis but are pre booked with your route, you have the drivers details and you will get an English speaking driver.

Give your flight info and they will chexk for delays, message you to confirm they are at the airport, you can advise of delays with customs or bags etc.

You can give them your ship name so they will know which port. Most ships use "Mol Adossat" pier but smaller ships can use the city terminals e.g. berth S.

image.thumb.png.028e67aa6df00909b6c164793d66e3f0.png

The cost is given online and pre paid, so no messing to pay on the day. It is similar price to a taxi from the line, but good value for the convenience. 

I decided to change time of our transfer from port to hotel a couple of days from the end of our cruise, very easy from my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 5:26 AM, helpthejuggler said:

We used "welcome pickups" for 4 transfers in Barcelona.

They use taxis but are pre booked with your route, you have the drivers details and you will get an English speaking driver.

Give your flight info and they will chexk for delays, message you to confirm they are at the airport, you can advise of delays with customs or bags etc.

You can give them your ship name so they will know which port. Most ships use "Mol Adossat" pier but smaller ships can use the city terminals e.g. berth S.

image.thumb.png.028e67aa6df00909b6c164793d66e3f0.png

The cost is given online and pre paid, so no messing to pay on the day. It is similar price to a taxi from the line, but good value for the convenience. 

I decided to change time of our transfer from port to hotel a couple of days from the end of our cruise, very easy from my phone.

Thanks for sharing your experience Mark 🙂