Naughty room

On 7/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

So why don't  people call it the security  area?   Sounds like  we are preschoolers. 

M

Original nickname from yrs ago when peoples bags were sent there trying to hide Alcohol and knives. Now seems to be Extension cords, Hot plates, Coffee Pots and excess water/soda seem to be all the rage

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Original nickname from yrs ago when peoples bags were sent there trying to hide Alcohol and knives. Now seems to be Extension cords, Hot plates, Coffee Pots and excess water/soda seem to be all the rage

I agree...the term is appropriate for most of the stuff they find.  😉  

When I was waiting in line for the clearing of those "notorious wire hangers" I was shocked to see all the bottles of booze, cases of beer, knives, irons, candles...etc piled on the table that were confiscated.  😮 

My mom had to get her luggage from the naughty room on our cruise in May because of a pair of scissors.  They ended up letting her keep the scissors.  On the way off the ship we saw a table piled with power strips.  You can pick up your stuff when you disembark.

2 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

My mom had to get her luggage from the naughty room on our cruise in May because of a pair of scissors.  They ended up letting her keep the scissors.  On the way off the ship we saw a table piled with power strips.  You can pick up your stuff when you disembark.

Were all the power strips labeled with cabin numbers?

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Were all the power strips labeled with cabin numbers?

I'm sure they marked them somehow so they'd know what belonged to whom.  But we were just walking by the table so I didn't look closely.  I just thought it was funny that of all the people to get called to the naughty room, it was my mom. :classic_biggrin:

32 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I'm sure they marked them somehow so they'd know what belonged to whom.  But we were just walking by the table so I didn't look closely.  I just thought it was funny that of all the people to get called to the naughty room, it was my mom. :classic_biggrin:

Was getting off after few weeks on board. Flight wasn't it 2pm so dragged my feet and was 2nd to last getting off Ship. Table still had many cords tons of things on it. Either people forgot or just left them... Like the TSA does I wonder if they sell all the banned items in bulk

29 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was getting off after few weeks on board. Flight wasn't it 2pm so dragged my feet and was 2nd to last getting off Ship. Table still had many cords tons of things on it. Either people forgot or just left them... Like the TSA does I wonder if they sell all the banned items in bulk

I hope they didn’t try to sell my garbage.  (#22). They did give me a claim ticket.

• Haha 1

Last cruise I read that you were allowed to bring a 12 pack of water/soda.   I brought a six pack of Diet Pepsi and another 6 pack of flavored water.  I was called down they made me open the bag.  Once they saw what it was they let me go.  I didn’t read that you had to carry it on.  I had the drink package but I knew they wouldn’t have what I like to drink before I go to bed

On Allure last year, my brother-in-law's snorkeling equipment resulted in his bag being sent to the naughty room.  What was really annoying is no one notified him -he kept waiting for his bag to be delivered to his cabin and finally he went to Guest Services and they told him.

48 minutes ago, watson61 said:

On Allure last year, my brother-in-law's snorkeling equipment resulted in his bag being sent to the naughty room.  What was really annoying is no one notified him -he kept waiting for his bag to be delivered to his cabin and finally he went to Guest Services and they told him.

Kind of the norm. If missing a bag, after while need look yourself. Nothing new, took my Father-In-Law of Cruise 20yrs ago, after Dinner his bag still wasn't there. Walked down to Guest Services and it was sitting there...

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Kind of the norm. If missing a bag, after while need look yourself. Nothing new, took my Father-In-Law of Cruise 20yrs ago, after Dinner his bag still wasn't there. Walked down to Guest Services and it was sitting there...

I'm glad I now know this.  I've been on many cruises and have never had a delayed bag and this was only my BIL's second cruise so we were both clueless.

9 hours ago, island lady said:

I have a set of plastic hangers banded together with rubber bands that stay in our suitcases all the time...as part of our regular "cruise gear".  😉  

Good idea, I need to just leave a set in there! One day I will be perfectly ready, perfectly organized 🤣😂

14 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

Good idea, I need to just leave a set in there! One day I will be perfectly ready, perfectly organized 🤣😂

Our suitcases have "cruise stuff" in them at all times.  Actually they stay more than half packed. Pretty much just have to replace toiletries, meds, and fresh clothes.  😉  It takes us maybe a half hour to pack the night before a cruise.  🙂 

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our suitcases have "cruise stuff" in them at all times.  Actually they stay more than half packed. Pretty much just have to replace toiletries, meds, and fresh clothes.  😉  It takes us maybe a half hour to pack the night before a cruise.  🙂 

Same! We now have taken a guest room (affectionately referred to as “the cruise room”). Since we jump around some with destinations, we can’t keep too many clothes there, but all the cruise “accessories” like sunscreen, snorkeling equipment, etc; the luggage, and the formal wear stays in place. As for a half hour packing for the cruise, I cannot see that happening in my world is a still overpack and we usually travel with 4 cases. But that’s amazing if you can! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by 2Beeze

14 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Same! We now have taken a guest room (affectionately referred to as “the cruise room”). Since we jump around some with destinations, we can’t keep too many clothes there, but all the cruise “accessories” like sunscreen, snorkeling equipment, etc; the luggage, and the formal wear stays in place. As for a half hour packing for the cruise, I cannot see that happening in my world is a still overpack and we usually travel with 4 cases. But that’s amazing if you can! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

LOL...yeah.  Overpacking is always a problem...but I have underpacked before also, and found that worse.  😮 

When we downsized to a 2 bedroom house...the guest bedroom (where indeed I did the same thing as you) was lost to me.  The second bedroom in our smaller house we use as the office.  

We have become pretty good at packing in little time just before the cruise.  We both take one suitcase, his and hers, plus both have one carry on.  I used to do all the packing, and combine everything, but would catch grief over what I did not pack for Bucky.  Now...I make him do all his packing...with me packing my stuff next to him and quizzing him on what he has.  When he first started doing his own cruise packing....Oh boy..did he forget stuff.  😉 

His bag has not made it to the Naughty room...yet...so he is doing well so far.  😄 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...yeah.  Overpacking is always a problem...but I have underpacked before also, and found that worse.  😮 

When we downsized to a 2 bedroom house...the guest bedroom (where indeed I did the same thing as you) was lost to me.  The second bedroom in our smaller house we use as the office.  

We have become pretty good at packing in little time just before the cruise.  We both take one suitcase, his and hers, plus both have one carry on.  I used to do all the packing, and combine everything, but would catch grief over what I did not pack for Bucky.  Now...I make him do all his packing...with me packing my stuff next to him and quizzing him on what he has.  When he first started doing his own cruise packing....Oh boy..did he forget stuff.  😉 

His bag has not made it to the Naughty room...yet...so he is doing well so far.  😄 

Underpacked?!?! 😳😱😣 Forgot stuff?! 🥺 Are you trying to create panic? 🤣😂  We distribute the effort  – I collect everything we need (and more), make sure it’s all ready, determine what I need to take clothes wise (have it ready), and tell him which clothes need to hang. He decides what clothes that he takes and he packs everything (perfectly,  how do you say it was a Marine Corps training but frankly I think he’s just that organized guy). As with every good marriage, everyone is doing something and what they do best 👍🏼  

2 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Underpacked?!?! 😳😱😣 Forgot stuff?! 🥺 Are you trying to create panic? 🤣😂  We distribute the effort  – I collect everything we need (and more), make sure it’s all ready, determine what I need to take clothes wise (have it ready), and tell him which clothes need to hang. He decides what clothes that he takes and he packs everything (perfectly,  how do you say it was a Marine Corps training but frankly I think he’s just that organized guy). As with every good marriage, everyone is doing something and what they do best 👍🏼  

One example of under packing...I once forgot to take Buck's tux shirt, though I packed his tux, dress shoes, cumberbun, bow tie..etc.  T-shirts don't make good tux shirts.  😉 

• Haha 1

One of our suitcases did not appear in our cabin a couple of cruises ago. Cabin Stewart suggested I go down to deck one and see if it was there. I check in with the security guy at the table and he says, yes, they have one of our bags. After a long time looking, I finally found our bag wedged in a corner behind a table! Take it to the security people and they tell me that shore side security thought there were bullets in my bag! WHAT??? So we open it and go through it piece by piece - nothing. They he rescans it - nothing. Finally I noticed that our snorkel vests had brass air valves on them that could look like a bullet. A HUGE BULLET! What did shore side think, that we were bringing on bullets for hunting elephants? After several scans and searches the ship security guy gave up and said to just take my bag. That was sort of disturbing .... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cello56 said:

One of our suitcases did not appear in our cabin a couple of cruises ago. Cabin Stewart suggested I go down to deck one and see if it was there. I check in with the security guy at the table and he says, yes, they have one of our bags. After a long time looking, I finally found our bag wedged in a corner behind a table! Take it to the security people and they tell me that shore side security thought there were bullets in my bag! WHAT??? So we open it and go through it piece by piece - nothing. They he rescans it - nothing. Finally I noticed that our snorkel vests had brass air valves on them that could look like a bullet. A HUGE BULLET! What did shore side think, that we were bringing on bullets for hunting elephants? After several scans and searches the ship security guy gave up and said to just take my bag. That was sort of disturbing .... 

Wow....and I thought my wire hangers thing was bad!  😮 

• Haha 1

I just had a non-surge protected multiple USB outlet with an extension cord confiscated on the Voyager. I had to go to the Naughty Room on embarkation day to take it out of my suitcase and give it to them, where it was put in a package marked with my stateroom number. Only then did I get my suitcase.  I got the confiscated unit back off a table with the other 200 or so items upon disembarking--it took about 2 minutes.

Can't believe with everything we have taken on a cruise and we have never been called down for issues with our luggage.  Took a TA cruise from Europe last year and they even delivered our case of wine we purchased to our room.  You just never know.