Carnival Glory, Key West, walking to Southern Point?

amy16_

Does anyone know where the Glory will be docked on July 16th and is the Southern Point walking distance?  We get off at 8:00am but have an excursion booked at 11:15am and wanted to know if we would have time to walk there and get back to excursion in time?

As of now, Glory will dock at Pier B by the Westin hotel according to the City of Key West's cruise calendar

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/department/calendar.php

Southernmost Point is walkable from anywhere in historic part of Key West - from where the Glory will dock is at most a 20 minute walk  up Duval.   Then take Whitehead street back up to the ship where you will pass by the lighthouse, Hemingway's House and the end of Highway 1.

Edited by Herfnerd
  • Like 1

According to the Key West Calendar it will dock at B Pier which is behind Margaritaville Resort. If you walk past Margaritaville to Greene Street (Ends at the resort) and go over to the first street (Whitehead) and turn right, it will take you to Southernmost Point approx. 1 mile. With 2 ships in port, the line for pictures might be long.

Here are a couple of videos to show you the way. At 2:24 in the first video I pass Greene Street.

Video 1

Video 2

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why not take the free Key West bus? Or, maybe walk down and bus back? Not only is it free, but it will allow you to see multiple parts of the city without paying a dime. 

https://www.kwtransit.com/map

Open up the Duval Loop, and you can see the route, and monitor the future buses and their locations. Don't be afraid to talk to the drivers about it as well, they are very kind and want to make sure you find your way around. I just learned about this on my last trip to Key West after I got on a local bus and the guy asked if I was new to the island, and then he told me about the free tourist bus. So definitely make the walk if that's what you'd like to do (I too enjoy scenic walks in new places), but this bus is certainly worth it!

• Like 1

Here is the route map to the Duval Loop:  https://www.carfreekeywest.com/duval-loop-bus

Stop 4 is near the cruise ship docks and stop 10 is near the Southernmost Point.

Unless you have mobility challenges or it is too hot for you, I would walk.  You see so many more little details that make Town special on foot than on a bus.  Walk down Whitehead one way and up Duval the other.  

• Thanks 1