Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Btimmer

Almost Live: Maasdam - Seattle to Sydney 2019

Recommended Posts

Tim, I have another question.

Is the special area in the library for EXC In-Depth subjects still there?  When we were near Sri Lanka, KK called a Voyagers gathering in the library to show the two shelf areas that she had dedicated to our itinerary information.

I am wondering if it is being updated for the current itineraries?

Thanks again,

Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been no mention of the library this entire cruise.  I'll take a look and report back.

 

We're in Noumea today and visited the aquarium.  Here's a few pictures.

 

378B1515-E14C-470C-9F6C-C8336CA671EB.thumb.jpeg.392361545f17fd6fa8329a72a07e215e.jpeg9D7E5787-D96E-492B-B5CA-8ADCA97042FD.thumb.jpeg.301c456e7fbb3aac951c5b25d77f7593.jpeg6E92B3F4-6BFE-4BE3-BF7C-BE90CD2861C1.thumb.jpeg.f79316375620f87b3d99dc971dc9f8d1.jpegDDB9EFEF-55D7-4D6B-8C08-165357670C3E.thumb.jpeg.5ab54452b256a44a1194eaf6ead8f7e6.jpegBB0A2498-5143-47D5-B3D0-DC61C3843BEC.thumb.jpeg.9b28e7711686a2975d99995bc0a3c39c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pacific Aria (former Ryndam) berthed in front of us. As the Ryndam, we sailed its last Westbound transAtlantic to Tampa.  

 

30ADF301-0107-4CDC-B3C3-832FD733B244.thumb.jpeg.06736a68b72742c3f5d19b8a1c4284a8.jpeg914FD235-E083-4169-8FC0-CEDAB392B9A6.thumb.jpeg.1136c74290fba8bf1cb9d3db3b9012b3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your gold medallions!

It was a nice surprise to see the Pacific Aria.

Thanks for all of the gorgeous photos.

Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching up with your reports.

Congratulations on recieving your Gold Medallions.

In Noumea, was there another ship berthed at the down town terminal by the information centre?  (across the street from the Casino Supermatket.)

Hope you have enjoyed today at the Isle of Pines.

Edited by erewhon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, Btimmer said:

Here's the planner for the last section of our voyage.59A5CDB1-2064-4508-B88A-8A9911267108.thumb.jpeg.c8ca5ab67c4b5cb571ac6e319bac7864.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would appreciate comments on entertainment during your cruise as had always enjoyed the production shows which

I have just found out no longer are on Maasdam.

We are not into lectures and now wonder that booking on Maasdam a ship previously enjoyed along with many other HA ships would be a mistake.

I had been advised that bridge directors would be on all the longer cruises and therefore would appreciate your advising if

there has been one on your cruise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sidney24 said:

Would appreciate comments on entertainment during your cruise as had always enjoyed the production shows which

I have just found out no longer are on Maasdam.

We are not into lectures and now wonder that booking on Maasdam a ship previously enjoyed along with many other HA ships would be a mistake.

I had been advised that bridge directors would be on all the longer cruises and therefore would appreciate your advising if

there has been one on your cruise.

 

The entertainment has been varied and for the most part excellent.  I really don't miss the singers and dancers.  After many cruises that style became stale for us.

 

Lectures are a big part of the daily schedule.  Personally, my wife and I really enjoy them and it's why we book the Maasdam itineraries.  

 

I've never heard of a Bridge Director on any cruise.  There are bridge games I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Catching up with your reports.

Congratulations on recieving your Gold Medallions.

In Noumea, was there another ship berthed at the down town terminal by the information centre?  (across the street from the Casino Supermatket.)

Hope you have enjoyed today at the Isle of Pines.

No ship was berthed at the cruise terminal.  It appeared they were working on it.

 

We enjoyed Île des Pines.  Very laid back Headed full speed for Sydney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sidney24 said:

Would appreciate comments on entertainment during your cruise as had always enjoyed the production shows which

I have just found out no longer are on Maasdam.  .  .  .

 

Yesterday I came across this conversation on the October 17, 2019 30-day Australia Circumnavigation roll call.

Barbara 

 

  22 hours ago, Pam derek said:

As a matter of interest I spoke to HAL Sydney office last week who advised that due to the level of complaints received they have upgraded the entertainment offering on this cruise 

(Ken the Cruiser) Can't wait to see what that actually means. Did they give you any hints? 

(Pam derek)  No just that there had been a lot of complaints, did mention it would not include their usual singers and dancers

 

Edited by bcummin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the pic of the former Ryndam.  Did it look good from the exterior?  I'm curious that the Statendam has been sold already, but Ryndam has not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks for sharing the pic of the former Ryndam.  Did it look good from the exterior?  I'm curious that the Statendam has been sold already, but Ryndam has not.

It looked gorgeous from the exterior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, Btimmer said:

There's been no mention of the library this entire cruise.  I'll take a look and report back.

 

Happy 51st Anniversary to Angela & Tim.

It looks like each Maasdam EXC In-Depth segment is unique to the itinerary and the presenters.  The good ship Maasdam is the constant security blanket.  We became attached to our good presenters, and when KK arrived in Singapore 1/26 she was a bright light to make things even better.  I suspect that her brilliant library shelves for the current itinerary have fallen by the wayside.  New presenters and leaders each have different priorities.

Tim, thank you for bringing us along to experience your long voyage.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 6:08 PM, Btimmer said:

No ship was berthed at the cruise terminal.  It appeared they were working on it.

 

We enjoyed Île des Pines.  Very laid back Headed full speed for Sydney.

 

Thank you for your reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...