Cruise Critic Community
Host Jazzbeau

Barcelona Flight on Disembarkation Day

Ship gets in at 8 am.  There are only two non-stop flight times from BCN to NYC:  11:15 on United (or American), or 12:45 on Delta.  Can I make the early time?  Or should I take it easy and head for the later flight?

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Ship gets in at 8 am.  There are only two non-stop flight times from BCN to NYC:  11:15 on United (or American), or 12:45 on Delta.  Can I make the early time?  Or should I take it easy and head for the later flight?

With that arrival time I would opt for the 12:45 on DL.

I would choose the later flight.  Took quite a while to get out of the port the day we disembarked.  Traffic was nasty and the taxis were running an hour late!

Or there's this experience from WallyNDiane:

<<<  Just off the Eclipse 10/17/18 sailing. We were about the 10th couple in the walkoff line. We got to that line around 5:35 am anticipating a 6:30 am walkoff time. They opened the gate at 5:45 am. Long walk to taxi but immediately got taxi. Taxi was 39€ and we were at the airport at 6:15 or so. Had to wait almost two hours before Delta opened up their boarding agents. We had a 11:20AM flight  >>

32 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Or there's this experience from WallyNDiane:

<<<  Just off the Eclipse 10/17/18 sailing. We were about the 10th couple in the walkoff line. We got to that line around 5:35 am anticipating a 6:30 am walkoff time. They opened the gate at 5:45 am. Long walk to taxi but immediately got taxi. Taxi was 39€ and we were at the airport at 6:15 or so. Had to wait almost two hours before Delta opened up their boarding agents. We had a 11:20AM flight  >>

Yes, but if we walk off at 5:45 we'll be swimming in the Mediterranean! [since our ship doesn't dock until 8:00]

We were on the Epic out of Barcelona has fall.   The ship docked at 8am and we had an 11:45 am flight (AirCanada).   We got to the AirCanada check-in counters at the airport and there were so many people it was hard to tell where any lines were.   AirCanada check-in did not open until exactly 2 hours before the flight, which was 9:45am.  Just by luck we were in a line that seemed to be a little faster.   The Barcelona airport was a mad house and there are several check-points to pass through.   We made our 11:45 am flight with time to spare but I wondered about the people at the end of the line at the AirCanada counter.    Give yourself as much time as you can and definitely take the later flight if possible.  

We returned from Barcelona last week flying American.  There were lines to:

Drop off checked bags

Security

Passport check (the longest)

It was close to 90 minutes from entering the airport to arriving at the gate.

Last week walked  off the ship at 7:15 after a 6:45 docking.  At airport by 7:45.  Had to wait for TAP person to check in and get boarding pass. Minimal lines.   Waited by gates for 1 hour but didn't know actual gate till 20 minutes before flight.  Flew out of barcelona at 10am.  You probably can make the earlier flight if you want.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, robincorn said:

Last week walked  off the ship at 7:15 after a 6:45 docking.  At airport by 7:45.  Had to wait for TAP person to check in and get boarding pass. Minimal lines.   Waited by gates for 1 hour but didn't know actual gate till 20 minutes before flight.  Flew out of barcelona at 10am.  You probably can make the earlier flight if you want.

The above seems accurate as I had a similar situation (probably same ship Disney Magic). Walked off the boat at 7, taxi was easy to get at stand, airport by 7:40 and had to wait to check in because they didn't have the counters switched over yet. Minimal lines at passport control and security. Was at my gate around 9:15 for a 11:15 am flight. This all occurred on a Tuesday though, which may explain the small lines etc.