Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
PurpleTraveller

Norway - Land of the Midnight Sun on Sapphire Princess June 15, 2019

Recommended Posts

It’s been a pleasure to travel along with you. You’re a true traveler and excellent writer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for letting us relive the memories and for your honest review. If you had a blog link I would lock it in to follow regularly.  I will miss the updates - it was the first place I headed every morning with coffee and breakfast in hand.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so such a great review! I loved all the pictures and loved hearing what you did.

 

The internet was awful on the cruise last year. It doesn't sound like things change in that regards. They did wire the ship for MedallionNet in March 2018 but have yet to implement it. Frustrating!

 

Sounds like you have some wonderful adventures ahead of you! Happy travels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks for a great review and an excellent summary to wrap it up.

 

Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DLSHS_Mom said:

Many thanks for your excellent review.  I have added this cruise to my bucket list.

 

Thank you! I hope you get to do this or a similar cruise one day as it truly was wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, batoryfirst said:

Superb review. Sorry it’s over. 

 

Thank you and so am I as it has been so enjoyable reliving the cruise. I'm pleased that you enjoyed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, princess09 said:

It’s been a pleasure to travel along with you. You’re a true traveler and excellent writer.

 

Thank you so much! Thanks for following along. It has been a pleasure to share my cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, princess09 said:

PS  Would you mind sharing info about the small boat sailing the coast of Croatia? 

 

We are still trying to decide whether to go with Dubrovnik to Dubrovnik or Dubrovnik to Split. All the cruises we are deciding between are for eight days on a small 40 passenger ship. We are going through a small Australian company called Sun Island Tours. 

 

These are two of the itineraries we are choosing between. 

 

IMG_20190721_124328.thumb.jpg.52ca547581a51de4123f695f7e327110.jpg

 

IMG_20190721_124404.thumb.jpg.4b08b140b151cdbf75924c185fd18bc7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kent05 said:

Thank you so much for letting us relive the memories and for your honest review. If you had a blog link I would lock it in to follow regularly.  I will miss the updates - it was the first place I headed every morning with coffee and breakfast in hand.

Thank you. 

 

Wow! Thanks so much! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the review. Thanks for reading along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coral said:

Thanks so such a great review! I loved all the pictures and loved hearing what you did.

 

The internet was awful on the cruise last year. It doesn't sound like things change in that regards. They did wire the ship for MedallionNet in March 2018 but have yet to implement it. Frustrating!

 

Sounds like you have some wonderful adventures ahead of you! Happy travels!

 

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I don't think the internet on Sapphire in Norway will improve until the Medallion Net starts up (at least I hope it will improve then). I hope that I get to cruise with you some day. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for another great review.  It was very informative and we totally agree with your thoughts.  Norway IS expensive, the crew and food were the best we have had in years on a Princess ship, and Head Office really does have a we don't care attitude.  Enjoy your future trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

Thanks again for another great review.  It was very informative and we totally agree with your thoughts.  Norway IS expensive, the crew and food were the best we have had in years on a Princess ship, and Head Office really does have a we don't care attitude.  Enjoy your future trips.

 

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. It was a great cruise and I hope you had as good a time as we did. Hope to cruise with you again. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so glad I found your review looking for port information.  Thank you for taking the time to do the review and I really enjoyed it and your pictures.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and upload all your amazing photos! I just read the South American and Norway trip reports back to back what a great couple of hours! I loved the photos and having difficulty deciding which one I should be dreAming about going on! Book something soon for all of the little readers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JaniceB said:

I am so glad I found your review looking for port information.  Thank you for taking the time to do the review and I really enjoyed it and your pictures.  

 

Thanks. I'm glad you found it too and I hope it was of some help to you. Norway is a great part of the world and I can recommend going there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tobyt said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and upload all your amazing photos! I just read the South American and Norway trip reports back to back what a great couple of hours! I loved the photos and having difficulty deciding which one I should be dreAming about going on! Book something soon for all of the little readers!

 

Thanks so much. I'm really pleased you enjoyed both reviews. Both cruises were to wonderful parts of the world that are beautiful in very different ways. It's funny that I went to extremes of the world in consecutive years - Cape Horn and North Cape. I am currently looking at cruises to book as I can't go too long without a cruise. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, PurpleTraveller said:

 

We are still trying to decide whether to go with Dubrovnik to Dubrovnik or Dubrovnik to Split. All the cruises we are deciding between are for eight days on a small 40 passenger ship. We are going through a small Australian company called Sun Island Tours. 

 

These are two of the itineraries we are choosing between. 

 

IMG_20190721_124328.thumb.jpg.52ca547581a51de4123f695f7e327110.jpg

 

IMG_20190721_124404.thumb.jpg.4b08b140b151cdbf75924c185fd18bc7.jpg

 

 

Thank you for replying. Years ago we drove around Croatia. Both itineraries look good and I honestly don’t know which itinerary I’d choose. If you end in Split, there’s a charming town, Trogir, that’s not far. 

Whichever you choose, you will have a wonderful trip. Croatia is beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just read your review through from the beginning, and, in fact, just discovered your Majestic review and did the same with that. Your photos and writing are wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed each review. I have added both reviews to my Travel folder, for future reference. Thank you for taking the time to do them, and safe travels in the future. (Korcula is my favorite little town in Croatia!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truly enjoyed your review! Thanks so much for sharing your time and information!  I will be looking back to it as I start to make plans for our Norway cruise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, princess09 said:

 

Thank you for replying. Years ago we drove around Croatia. Both itineraries look good and I honestly don’t know which itinerary I’d choose. If you end in Split, there’s a charming town, Trogir, that’s not far. 

Whichever you choose, you will have a wonderful trip. Croatia is beautiful!

 

I have decided to do a Dubrovnik to Split cruise and are just working out final details. Will definitely be going to Trogir and also Zadar during our land trip. Really looking forward to a new cruise experience and visiting Croatia. Thanks. 😊

 

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I have just read your review through from the beginning, and, in fact, just discovered your Majestic review and did the same with that. Your photos and writing are wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed each review. I have added both reviews to my Travel folder, for future reference. Thank you for taking the time to do them, and safe travels in the future. (Korcula is my favorite little town in Croatia!). 

 

Thank you very much! I am so pleased you enjoyed the reviews. One of my must visit places when looking for a Croatian cruise was Korcula so I am pleased that it is your favourite little Croatian town. I'm really looking forward to sailing from Dubrovnik to Split. Thanks again. 😊

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I really liked Zadar with the musical steps.

 

Good to hear as we will be going to Zadar during our land trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MWcruiser said:

Truly enjoyed your review! Thanks so much for sharing your time and information!  I will be looking back to it as I start to make plans for our Norway cruise.  

 

Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the review and hope it will be of some help when you are planning for your cruise. Norway is wonderful and I hope you have a great cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...