Concierge embarkation lunch

wongcruise

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

"We have booked a Concierge class stateroom for our forthcoming Fjords cruise and will be taking our adult son with us who has Asbergers' Syndrome. We thought that by having lunch (although not a big menu choice, but perfectly adequate for lunch) and maybe a couple of drinks in the MDR would be a good way of getting him acclimatised to the hustle and bustle of cruise ship life in a more relaxed manner than by going to the Buffet"

Is your son sharing the Concierge stateroom with you or I'm his own non-Concierge room ?  If sharing your room, there is of course no problem having the Concierge lunch together.  If in his own, non-Concierge room, I think you should find some other plan for lunch that day -- perhaps the Mast Grill?  If the weather is nice, a hamburger enjoyed poolside might be just the thing.

He will be sharing a cabin with us, but thanks for the tip about the Mast Grill, that sounds like a good alternative, one which he may prefer

Try this link and go to the message dated 1 May 2016 and scroll down until you get to the menu, it's the latest I could find at the moment but I have seen later ones although the items on the menu are all the same:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2266034-photo-trip-review-reflection-ta/

Edited by jdacombe
Missing text
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

Try this link and go to the message dated 1 May 2016 and scroll down until you get to the menu, it's the latest I could find at the moment but I have seen later ones although the items on the menu are all the same:

Thanks!  That’s a very small menu!!

1 hour ago, jdacombe said:

Hi there - just for future and for anyone else who may not know this, you can "isolate" one post by clicking on the post #, located in the upper right hand corner of the post. So, instead of having to scroll down the whole page to find this menu, click on the post number (here, it was #20 which contained the menu) and it will pop up in its own browser window. You can then proceed to copy and paste the link. 😊

Hope that made sense. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Hi there - just for future and for anyone else who may not know this, you can "isolate" one post by clicking on the post #, located in the upper right hand corner of the post. So, instead of having to scroll down the whole page to find this menu, click on the post number (here, it was #20 which contained the menu) and it will pop up in its own browser window. You can then proceed to copy and paste the link. 😊

Hope that made sense. 

Thank you!  I didn’t no that. 

On 7/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, EmJakeBubbie said:

anybody know IF Park Cafe is open on embarkation day?  don't remember that menu

That’s on Royal unless you mean Cafe ElBacio. That is open but they don’t have sandwiches, just pastries

We have adjoining CC and AQ staterooms in Feb

AQ containing myself and DH

CC containing our two kids (5 and 8 years old) and nanny

We really hope that we will be allowed to dine in MDR with them for embarkation lunch.  We have no intention of trying to take them to Blu, ever.  But there is not any way that we can enjoy Blu for the cruise (which we've done on 2 or 3 prior cruises and liked reasonably well) AND have a sit down lunch on embarkation day in the MDR, at least that we can conceive of.  If our kids are CC and we are AQ is there any chance we can dine with them on embarkation day lunch?  Embarkation day sit down lunch is kind of important to us.  Call me silly, but it is something that we particularly enjoy.

(They don't like sushi.)

8 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

We have adjoining CC and AQ staterooms in Feb

AQ containing myself and DH

CC containing our two kids (5 and 8 years old) and nanny

We really hope that we will be allowed to dine in MDR with them for embarkation lunch.  We have no intention of trying to take them to Blu, ever.  But there is not any way that we can enjoy Blu for the cruise (which we've done on 2 or 3 prior cruises and liked reasonably well) AND have a sit down lunch on embarkation day in the MDR, at least that we can conceive of.  If our kids are CC and we are AQ is there any chance we can dine with them on embarkation day lunch?  Embarkation day sit down lunch is kind of important to us.  Call me silly, but it is something that we particularly enjoy.

(They don't like sushi.)

Sushi on 5 offer a lot more than just sushi. But if Japanese food is not for you then you really only have the OV cafe. Reading your post I think you've realised that already though. AQ guests will not be permitted in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. It would be nice if they were though! 

1 hour ago, Mynki said:

Sushi on 5 offer a lot more than just sushi. But if Japanese food is not for you then you really only have the OV cafe. Reading your post I think you've realised that already though. AQ guests will not be permitted in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. It would be nice if they were though! 

I don't really want to spend extra on top of what we paid for CC for my kids to eat food they are not likely to enjoy...

I will accompany them (and the nanny if she chooses to go) to the MDR for lunch and see what happens.  It's not like these are my grown college-aged children and I'm trying to slide in with them. They are in preschool and 3rd grade!

Edited by the_dylaness

I am a first time Celebrity cruiser and first time Concierge cabin for my husband. I have seen several posts regarding the limited menu available at lunch. What is typically available? Will be be able to see the menu prior to being seated?

16 minutes ago, Abeynrml said:

I am a first time Celebrity cruiser and first time Concierge cabin for my husband. I have seen several posts regarding the limited menu available at lunch. What is typically available? Will be be able to see the menu prior to being seated?

This is the menu from the link posted above

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Abeynrml said:

Thank you much!

The menu isn't good for my DH- he will eat nothing but dessert on it!  Our next sailing is in a suite, and he doesn't like the lumanie menu either.  Eats like a child so perhaps  a hot dog and fries at the grill for him.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Haha 1