Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
patty123

steamer

Recommended Posts

Hello can someone tell me can you bring  a steamer  I am going on the Dawn  July 20th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jasonmom said:

Steamers are not allowed

Thanks can you bring blow dryers or hair straightenr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've taken a my little Joy Mangano My Little Steamer on every cruise and never had an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, patty123 said:

Thanks can you bring blow dryers or hair straightenr

 

Since they contain a heating element, no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, patty123 said:

Thanks can you bring blow dryers or hair straightenr

 

 

Of course. Hair styling tools are rarely an issue. Just make sure they're in good working order (no frayed cords, etc). Only Carnival was dumb enough to try to ban straighteners/curling irons years ago. It was a very short-lived. In 30+ cruises on various lines, I've never had my straightener or curling iron confiscated and I've always been open about having them aboard. 

 

I've never had a bad hair dryer on NCL so I never bring my own. Royal is another story... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have hair dryers in each room. And as a hair stylist... they are pretty good 🙂

 

Never once have had a problem bringing a flat iron ( I think you'd have a ship full of angry women lol)

 

I bring downy wrinkle release travel size I get at target. That stuff is a God send!!!! Works on pretty much every fabric in under a minute. When I unpack I spray each item before hanging and all wrinkles completely gone on everything from my husbands thick cargo shorts, t shirts to my dressier slacks and tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

They have hair dryers in each room. And as a hair stylist... they are pretty good 🙂

 

Never once have had a problem bringing a flat iron ( I think you'd have a ship full of angry women lol)

 

I bring downy wrinkle release travel size I get at target. That stuff is a God send!!!! Works on pretty much every fabric in under a minute. When I unpack I spray each item before hanging and all wrinkles completely gone on everything from my husbands thick cargo shorts, t shirts to my dressier slacks and tops.

I just bought my Downy wrinkle release yesterday! Great to know that it really works, appreciate the tip of spraying them before hanging up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, finny2 said:

Since they contain a heating element, no.

 

This is not actually correct!

I have taken my straighteners on all 7 cruises with NCL and never had an issue.

The hair dryers in the cabins are all good ones, although I have short hair so not so much of an issue for me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meltingmoments said:

This is not actually correct!

I have taken my straighteners on all 7 cruises with NCL and never had an issue.

The hair dryers in the cabins are all good ones, although I have short hair so not so much of an issue for me. 

 

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

read #21. You may have been able to take it. But it is prohibited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, finny2 said:

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

read #21. You may have been able to take it. But it is prohibited. 

Well as a previous poster suggested, I think you would have a ship full of angry women if they were prohibited! 😀😀

But thankfully it's never been an issue. 

 

I just found this.....

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/faq/guest-conduct-policy

Edited by meltingmoments
added extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, patty123 said:

Thanks can you bring blow dryers or hair straightenr

 

Yes as to both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...