Cruise Critic Community
shadowmeboy

Shadowmeboy's Norwegian Dawn Canada/New England Pictorial Review

Thank you for your wonderful review. I truly want to do a Canada/New England cruise and your review gave me a great idea about what to expect!

I've been wanting to go to the September 11th memorial in New York. I live near the Pentagon and have been to the one there. I've also been to the one in Shanksville, PA when I visited friends in the area. Both are very nicely done.

35 minutes ago, VirginiaIsForCruisers said:

Thank you for your wonderful review. I truly want to do a Canada/New England cruise and your review gave me a great idea about what to expect!

I've been wanting to go to the September 11th memorial in New York. I live near the Pentagon and have been to the one there. I've also been to the one in Shanksville, PA when I visited friends in the area. Both are very nicely done.

You are welcome! Thank you for reading it.

Susan wants to go to DC sometime so we will have to see if we can see it when we eventually get there.

11 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Nicely done! I see some things I'd like to try on my next cruise. 😃

Heather

Nice! Getting ready to start my next food video collection today. I board the Bliss in Seattle today!

2 minutes ago, shadowmeboy said:

Nice! Getting ready to start my next food video collection today. I board the Bliss in Seattle today!

I thought so. Have a wonderful, relaxing cruise! We're expecting lots of pictures. 😁

On 9/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, VirginiaIsForCruisers said:

Off subject a little....

I just did the memorial yesterday and it’s very well done. Spent about 3 hours there and could have spent another 2. Very authentic and informative. The museum takes you through every aspect of the WTC and the events leading up to and including 9/11. Once you enter into the area of that day, it walks you through as it was happening. It’s a lot to absorb.

2 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

Off subject a little....

I just did the memorial yesterday and it’s very well done. Spent about 3 hours there and could have spent another 2. Very authentic and informative. The museum takes you through every aspect of the WTC and the events leading up to and including 9/11. Once you enter into the area of that day, it walks you through as it was happening. It’s a lot to absorb.

Yes, but impactful.

Will you be continuing to post on  this thread about your Alaska cruise that begins today 9/22 , or will you be posting your experiences under a new title?

I would like to read about an Alaskan cruise in the later part of the season and see some beautiful photos. Possibly snow on the mountains ?

Bon Voyage !

7 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Will you be continuing to post on  this thread about your Alaska cruise that begins today 9/22 , or will you be posting your experiences under a new title?

I would like to read about an Alaskan cruise in the later part of the season and see some beautiful photos. Possibly snow on the mountains ?

Bon Voyage !

It will go on a new thread.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, shadowmeboy said:

It will go on a new thread.

Looking forward to reading the Alaska review.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:50 AM, shadowmeboy said:

I know! It only took 3 months of nagging, I mean convincing!

I can’t wait. Plus I want to try Q again. Hopefully it’s better this time. 

I have 5 nights of specialty dining - 3 sdp and 2 platinum certs.

plan is los lobos x2, Cagney’s, La Cucina, and Q.

I've been looking at the Dawn, but my biggest concern (we always travel with our kids (16,15,10) -- how would you compare Bliss V Dawn when it comes to ship activities and entertainment? Thanks for great review! I love the New England/Canada itinerary!

On 9/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, Arzeena said:

Looking forward to reading the Alaska review.

I am going to be starting it soon. I am finishing up a couple things then its full bore into that.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:46 PM, drumming cruisers said:

How was your solo Alaskan cruise????

Loved it and the weather was spectacular for late September. I had better weather than June 2018. only thing I really hated was eating alone at meals.

19 hours ago, Kfamilycruise said:

I've been looking at the Dawn, but my biggest concern (we always travel with our kids (16,15,10) -- how would you compare Bliss V Dawn when it comes to ship activities and entertainment? Thanks for great review! I love the New England/Canada itinerary!

The dawn is a great ship. I enjoy the smaller ships for faster disembarking in ports and not feeling like your in a cattle drive. Elevators are easier to catch, etc. All the things that are problems on a big ship, due to the crowds. What you don't have are the Go-carts, laser tag, water slides that the Bliss has. If you have a port intensive cruise then you might not miss it as much. It comes down to what does your family want with your kids being 16, 15, and 10? It will take a little adjusting, but there are still tons of activities on a smaller ship like the dawn, just not as many as the larger ships. 

I also like you don't have to have reservations for all the shows. Gameshows are easier to watch because they are done in a lounge not the atrium. I think it easier to get dining reservations at specialties as well. They have production shows, but they aren't going to be fresh off Broadway like the mega ships. Hope that helps!

OMG, what an incredible review!

You spent so much time with the videos and pictures.

Loved all of it!

Thanks so much,

Dee Dee Monday

Are you working on the Alaska review ?

Interested to read about your take on solo cruising.

TYIA

On 10/17/2019 at 1:50 PM, tampadee said:

OMG, what an incredible review!

You spent so much time with the videos and pictures.

Loved all of it!

Thanks so much,

Dee Dee Monday

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it!

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Are you working on the Alaska review ?

Interested to read about your take on solo cruising.

TYIA

I am working with pictures still. I took a ton being up in Alaska, but I am getting closer. 

I am finishing up the vlogs from the Southwest trip we took, while writing this review. Goal is to be into the review by next week.

Ok guys and gals!

The Bliss review has started - Link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2707063-shadowmeboy-helps-close-down-alaska-on-the-bliss/

Also, the trip to the Southwest that we took in the middle of writing this review is posting to my YouTube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/c/shadowmboy

Southwest trip episode 1

Southwest trip Episode 2: 

Hope you enjoy those. Bliss vlogs will happen after these are done!