IMG_8898-L.jpg

IMG_8899-L.jpg

IMG_8900-L.jpg

IMG_8901-L.jpg

IMG_8902-L.jpg

IMG_8903-L.jpg

IMG_8904-L.jpg

IMG_8905-L.jpg

Not feeling up to walking the garden and some of Acadia was my biggest let down with having this leg infection. I was under antibiotics, so I got zapped easily and thus didn't get to do as much as I could. I loved every minute of the time in Acadia and hope if you go to Bar Harbor, you get to explore it as well.

• Like 1

IMG_1008-L.jpg

After the garden, we started to head back to Bar Harbor, as our four hours was almost done!

IMG_8906-L.jpg

IMG_8907-L.jpg

IMG_8908-L.jpg

IMG_8912-L.jpg

Our driver asked us where we wanted to get dropped off at. We said the best lobster restaurant in Bar Harbor or one she recommends. She recommended Side Street Café. We said our farewells and tipped her for a excellent tour. I highly recommend doing a tour through At-your-Service taxi.

Here is their website if any of you are interested: https://www.atyourservicetours.net/

• Like 1

IMG_1009-L.jpg

IMG_1040-L.jpg

Susan and I shared a Lobster roll. She wanted salad and I wanted chowder. We got a lobster roll with salad, and then I got a bowl of New England clam chowder. 

IMG_1041-L.jpg

The chowder was good, but I think Ivar's (Seattle area - https://www.ivars.com/ ) and Mo's (Oregon Coast - https://www.moschowder.com/) have better chowder.

IMG_8909-L.jpg

Maria got the Hot Lobster Sammy

IMG_8910-L.jpg

Trace got a burger, The Adam Bomb.

IMG_8911-L.jpg

Another look at the lobster roll.

IMG_8913-L.jpg

After lunch, Trace and Maria split from Susan and I. We headed off to see the shops in Bar Harbor.

IMG_8914-L.jpg

Acadia information spot and a place to catch the bus that will take you through the park.

IMG_1042-L.jpg

We got Ice Cream in one of the local shops. they had a flavor called The Dude. Trace is a dude person. We had to take a picture for him! 

IMG_8915-L.jpg

We got our Ice Cream at Mt. Desert island Ice Cream

IMG_8916-L.jpg

IMG_8917-L.jpg

IMG_8918-L.jpg

IMG_8919-L.jpg

IMG_8920-L.jpg

IMG_8921-L.jpg

IMG_8922-L.jpg

IMG_8923-L.jpg

The pies smelled amazing as you walked by. Susan and I were stuffed and they still smelled amazing.

IMG_8924-L.jpg

back to the tender we went.

IMG_8925-L.jpg

sorry about the washed out picture. They don't seem to clean the windows of the tender boats very often.

IMG_8926-L.jpg

IMG_8927-L.jpg

back at the ship.

10 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

IMG_8917-L.jpg

IMG_8918-L.jpg

IMG_8919-L.jpg

IMG_8920-L.jpg

IMG_8921-L.jpg

IMG_8922-L.jpg

IMG_8923-L.jpg

The pies smelled amazing as you walked by. Susan and I were stuffed and they still smelled amazing.

IMG_8924-L.jpg

back to the tender we went.

IMG_8925-L.jpg

sorry about the washed out picture. They don't seem to clean the windows of the tender boats very often.

IMG_8926-L.jpg

IMG_8927-L.jpg

back at the ship.

Hello again. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts and photos. I have another question. How long does it take the tender boat to get to/from shore from/to the ship? The ship looks anchored a lot farther out than I would've expected so am curious. We're in Bar Harbor 8am-6pm and have a non-NCL tour reserved for 10am. Think we'll be ok? Thanks again for your tips!

33 minutes ago, cruisegil said:

Hello again. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts and photos. I have another question. How long does it take the tender boat to get to/from shore from/to the ship? The ship looks anchored a lot farther out than I would've expected so am curious. We're in Bar Harbor 8am-6pm and have a non-NCL tour reserved for 10am. Think we'll be ok? Thanks again for your tips!

We were off the ship by 9 am. The concern is immigration, if you aren’t in the first two or three groups to clear immigration after ncl excursions, then you could be late. It will depend on the effectiveness of the CBP officers and if fellow passengers are ready with their documents when they get to the officers. The tender ride was 5 - 10 minutes, Newport was 2 to 2.5 times longer than Bar Harbor.

1 hour ago, shadowmeboy said:

We were off the ship by 9 am. The concern is immigration, if you aren’t in the first two or three groups to clear immigration after ncl excursions, then you could be late. It will depend on the effectiveness of the CBP officers and if fellow passengers are ready with their documents when they get to the officers. The tender ride was 5 - 10 minutes, Newport was 2 to 2.5 times longer than Bar Harbor.

Thanks so much for the info and details! We will be arriving in Bar Harbor from Portland so hopefully won't have the immigration issues (we head to Halifax next so guess we'll hit Canadian immigration then). Sounds like we may be ok for our 10am tour on shore. The Newport info is much appreciated as well. Thanks again!

12 hours ago, cruisegil said:

Thanks so much for the info and details! We will be arriving in Bar Harbor from Portland so hopefully won't have the immigration issues (we head to Halifax next so guess we'll hit Canadian immigration then). Sounds like we may be ok for our 10am tour on shore. The Newport info is much appreciated as well. Thanks again!

you are welcome!

27 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Love your review. Pretty in summer. Have been on that cruise in  October for the Fall colors, but never thought to go in Summer. 

I would love to go in the fall, but it was very pretty in June. Weather might be a bit better in June as well.

Hi Shadowmeboy,

Your pictorial tour of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park is very thorough and accurate. Great job. I live a few minutes from Bar Harbor. I don’t know if you realize just how amazing the weather was for you that day. This past June we had nearly 10” of rain, much more than normal. The kind of day you had is more often seen in September when the wind is from the northwest. We call those days “sparklers” (pronounced “spaahklah). 

Best,

Jay

2 hours ago, Christophene said:

Hi Shadowmeboy,

Your pictorial tour of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park is very thorough and accurate. Great job. I live a few minutes from Bar Harbor. I don’t know if you realize just how amazing the weather was for you that day. This past June we had nearly 10” of rain, much more than normal. The kind of day you had is more often seen in September when the wind is from the northwest. We call those days “sparklers” (pronounced “spaahklah). 

Best,

Jay

If you have read my past pictorial reviews, you know we have had bad weather especially in Alaska. I take each day like we had in Bar Harbor as a gift. I appreciate it even more when it is gorgeous like it was. Acadia is an awesome park and I am thankful I got to visit and see it.

Thank you for your kind words on the accuracy and thoroughness, I try to pay attention and look things up to make sure I am right, if unsure.

I was not feeling well and was sleeping in the stateroom this evening. Susan went to the performance of The Fantast of P.C. Lai at 7 pm.

IMG_8950-L.jpg

Afterwards, she went to that evening's "game show" - Wheel of Ill Will.

IMG_8939-L.jpg

the contestants spin the wheel, if it lands on space like heart breakers, they have to do a task to get their points.

IMG_8941-L.jpg

IMG_8942-L.jpg

such as dancing back to back with a stranger

IMG_8943-L.jpg

Susan went to the MDR for dinner.

IMG_8944-L.jpg

IMG_8945-L.jpg

IMG_8946-L.jpg

Southwestern Smoked Turkey Salad

IMG_8947-L.jpg

Potato Gnocchi

IMG_8948-L.jpg

Dessert Menu

IMG_8949-L.jpg

Black Forest Cake

Everything was really good! The MDR even sent her back with the Breaded Flounder Fillet for me to have for Dinner. It was really good too!

End of Bar Harbor - Day 5.

Edited by shadowmeboy

18 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Enjoying the photos, videos, and review.  Sorry to hear you were not feeling well on this night.  Hope you had a bounce back the next day.

It was a cumulation of the days events and I got wore out. I felt better after napping and then going to bed early that night.

Loving your review.  Haven't got any cruises booked on Dawn or Canada/New England itinerary, but may have to rethink it.....maybe for the fall.   I have been out east a few times, driving through Vermont and Maine, but I think cruising it would be fun.

(I live close to Toronto so it is a nice road trip for us).  If you go again, try to get to Peggy's Cove, it is gorgeous there.

Hope your leg has healed up and you were in better shape to enjoy your latest trip.  Thanks for posting.....I have enjoyed all your trip reports and pics....especially of the ships and itineraries I am cruising after you.

Take care

Angela