Another year and ....

I've heard rumors for the last year but I don't give much attention to them  .... if it happens great, if it doesn't nothing changes as you can't get better than the awards the ship already receives almost every year. Most go on the PG for the destination and the fabulous crew .... that doesn't change with a new ship 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

On 7/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, alwaysonaship said:

You do know they will be having another ship coming...the hotel manager told me on our cruise 

My post wasn't meant to be nasty, but was just a reply to your response to the original poster. TBK is a well respected poster on this board, and the original post  was totally positive. I found your response to not be helpful. Were you trying to say that because of the new ship, things will go downhill from here, or will get better from here? When you said that you have been to that area enough, I wondered why you bothered commenting at all.

While I have loved our PG cruises, I certainly understand that there's just so many times that you want to vacation in the same area. We're in the same situation. After our next 2 booked cruises, we will have done all they have to offer, and will continue to cruise elsewhere in the world.

But I would never discourage anyone from taking a PG cruise. We had already spent a week on Moorea and a week on Bora Bora in overwater bungalows at very nice resorts. We loved it, and thought it was a once in a lifetime adventure. More than 20 years later, we thought about going back. We found that the Paul Gauguin was a better value than what we had spent in 1995. We loved our first cruise, and haven't left the ship without having another cruise booked to return.

We have cruised on Regent, Silver Sea, Sea Dream and HAL since our first cruise on the Paul Gauguin, and have not found a crew as welcoming and competent as the one on the PG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My response was simply put as I wouldn’t want to go to the same movie 10 times. It may be great, but there are others to watch. That’s it, plain and simple. As far as another ship being built, I added that as people have ask that question more than once. It was an answer from someone I would assume who knew. 

‘’Many cruise lines have more than one ship and if PG can generate the business, then that is great. All I know is what I was told, and I agree the crew is outstanding. It is a very nice trip, however just because someone has only been to FP 3 times doesn’t mean they can not provide insite to visiting there. 

‘’No one owns these boards. Many people have excellent contributions to make. The more comments from various posters provides a well balanced perspective. 

Do we like FP, yes. Would we go again..probably not. Absolutely nothing to complain about just many other places to see. 

‘’That’s it in a nutshell. 

We will be back on the PG for the August 3 sailing. I’ll ask about a possible second ship but who knows if even the crew has the real answer.

i personally love to read the comments from first time cruisers as they have a very different perspective vs. those that have been on the ship multiple times.  

• 3 weeks later...