Zenith Begins a New Life

richsea

19 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

LOL Rich! When I read your 'subject line', my immediate reaction was: Rich finally made Zenith! Thanks for the photo. Sadly, Zenith and Horizon were both gone from the fleet, by the time we first sailed on X. I DO miss Century, though!

Yes Century was our first Celebrity Cruise.  We loved it as well!

Wow, this is great, and I'm glad Zenith is still sailing and will go do some wonderful work helping the world.  My first cruise ever(with X or otherwise) was on her back in 1996, I chose sailing to Bermuda over attending my culinary school graduation 😄  That photo brings back memories, as I think our last cruise on Zenith was in 2006.  I miss docking in Hamilton and St. George.

Hi, 

The Horizon and Zenith were great ships. I cruised aboard the Horizon to Bermuda in 1991 and the Zenith to the Western Caribbean in 1993. The food on these ships was excellent. I prefer this traditional style of ship over the huge ships that are being built today.

Chuck

On July 11, 2019 at 2:07 PM, Ray in NH said:

The Meridian was also our first Celebrity cruise (May of 1993 -- to Bermuda).  Yes, tied up at the Dockyard.

Loved that ship, even though it did not have all the "bells and whistles".  

NRayH

we were on the meridian on our first cruise, we were in hurricane felix....what a horror!

On 7/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, davekathy said:

We sailed on the Zenith in 1994. A lot of great memories, pictures and videos of the Zenith. We both thought when we first boarded this ship, it's huge. Well I guess it was compared  to our first cruise in 1991 on the SS Constitution. 

Didn't the Constitution rename to 'the Norway'....NCL line?  Edit...Norway was the SS France...DH is right on top of these things....LOL.  On it in '93.  Beautiful ship with so much class.  We were on the Horizon in '96...enjoyed it in a different way than the big ships which followed.  Smaller ship with better 1st class service.  Still enjoy sailing X ;  allow for less personal attention but more entertainment and dining choices. 

Edited by oceangoer2