Booked my first NCL cruise on Joy - think I got a great price!

beckyboo1986

I've been checking the prices for a few weeks now and I think I just got the best deal on the 5 day Pacific Coastal Charms from Vancouver. I'm travelling solo and I managed to book a sail away balcony, the free at sea package (I choose the beverage package and Internet package)  and included gratuities for £408.65. This seems like an amazing price!

Has anyone done this cruise before, if so what do you think? Being new to NCL what are the 'must do's'? Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, beckyboo1986 said:

I've been checking the prices for a few weeks now and I think I just got the best deal on the 5 day Pacific Coastal Charms from Vancouver. I'm travelling solo and I managed to book a sail away balcony, the free at sea package (I choose the beverage package and Internet package)  and included gratuities for £408.65. This seems like an amazing price!

Has anyone done this cruise before, if so what do you think? Being new to NCL what are the 'must do's'? Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Have done that cruise on the Pearl in 2010 and will be on a 6 day on the Bliss at the end of September. If you can swing it, add a couple of days in Vancouver pre-cruise to make it like a 7 day. We loved Vancouver.....so much to see & do

If you are stopping in San Francisco the ship will be closer to Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 area than we were in 2010.

Did it last year on The Bliss. Loved it!

If you need help with the transportation from the airport to downtown/port, just let me know.

It was rainy in Vancouver and Victoria, so be prepared.  Or it could be very nice.  You just never know.

In Canada, some places use the chip method on your CC and you will need the pin number.

Victoria: If the ship births at Ogden Point Pier A or B. Downtown Victoria is a 30-40-minute walk from the cruise terminal & it is well marked. Or the shuttle bus is $10. You can also hail a taxi that will fit 2-4 people for about the same price.  

The San Francisco stop was a cluster.  We took a 3 1/2 tour came back and no one could get back on the ship because they hadn't cleared customs yet.  Make plans accordingly.

1 hour ago, browniegirl said:

Hi, that is great.  I do have a question though.... how were you able to book a sailaway cabin and get the free at sea offer?  I thought you couldn't get any perks at all with a sailaway?

Leah

OP is in the UK. They do the free at sea stuff different there. Partly because I think NCL can't call it free and then charge gratuities. So it's an add on you pay for that apparently you can even add to sailaway. 

Thanks so much for all the replies!!

@INDIANA JOE  I'm planning on getting in the day before the cruise so hopefully I can explore Vancouver a bit. I'm booked into Century Plaza hotel so I'm hoping I can explore locally then walk down to the pier around 3pm.

@AmyJA Thanks. The rain doesn't bother me (being from the UK I'm used to it). I'm looking to do most ports solo but it's San Fran I want to pack the most in.

@browniegirl As others have said I actually paid £49 extra for the additional sail away perks but that was very cheap indeed.

• Thanks 1