Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mac_tlc

“Amplification” of the Allure of the Seas

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Some details of the Allure’s amplification have emerged:

 

1) Ultimate Abyss

2) Playmakers

3) Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar

4) Music Hall

5)Bionic Bar

 

Ill post the link when I can. 

 

mac_tc

 

Edited by mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the first Giovanni's to survive the transformation to Jamie's.  If true, that could mean Jamie's is not doing as well as Giovanni's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What is different from Oasis?

Giovanni's pizza oven.

I wonder if this goes in Vintages

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar. 

 

I wonder if that means they are getting rid of Vintages.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar. 

 

I wonder if that means they are getting rid of Vintages.  

 

That would make sense. Doubt they would have a wine bar next to a wine bar, although my daughter would be fine with that. Just make it one big space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

That would make sense. Doubt they would have a wine bar next to a wine bar, although my daughter would be fine with that. Just make it one big space.

 

Maybe that's the design 😎

Knock out the wall, Pizza oven in the middle

1035364869_Screenshot_20190711-120506_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.537859cf06088f803a853c1071c5047a.jpg

 

1017660055_Screenshot_20190711-120628_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.263a1a6dc76cf75c08ddea2247bc8097.jpg

 

1250253151_Screenshot_20190711-120612_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b3756423c45c88575716a4b28c39d12d.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar. 

 

I wonder if that means they are getting rid of Vintages.  

 

 

I'll bet.  They are already taking Vintages out of Voyager/Freedom class ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you drill down deeper into the "more details" section (under bars and loungers) , Vintages is listed between Playmakers and Lime&Coconut.

 

And I see Mama Mia is still listed as the Broadway show so I guess it's not being swapped out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Knock out the wall, Pizza oven in the middle

 

And turn Sorrentos into a few inside cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

 

And turn Sorrentos into a few inside cabins.

 

At least 10!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.  Not a fan of Giovannis.  I was hoping for Hooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:
9 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

And turn Sorrentos into a few inside cabins.

 

At least 10!

 

With Panoramic windows to the Royal Promenade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

 

With Panoramic windows to the Royal Promenade.

 

Does that come with a free soda package, or will it be sold as "front row to the shows" cabins? 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If you drill down deeper into the "more details" section (under bars and loungers) , Vintages is listed between Playmakers and Lime&Coconut.

 

And I see Mama Mia is still listed as the Broadway show so I guess it's not being swapped out?

 

No new deck plans that I can find

Apparently they've decided to keep the status quo. What a nice idea

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

No new deck plans that I can find

Apparently they've decided to keep the status quo. What a nice idea

I wish they had kept the status quo on the aft portion of the Boardwalk, you know, right in front of the Aquatheatre, where the Sabor bar is now.😜😜

 

mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry to see they are adding the monstrosity purple carbuncle on the aft... couldn’t they leave just one ship with that fabulous aft view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

No new deck plans that I can find

 

 

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/things-to-do

 

Scroll down to All Bars and Lounges, then scroll to the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, little britain said:

I am sorry to see they are adding the monstrosity purple carbuncle on the aft... couldn’t they leave just one ship with that fabulous aft view?

It seems like it’s just me and you that feel that way. Unfortunately every Oasis Class ship will now have it. 

 

mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

This might be the first Giovsnni's to survive the transformation to Jamie's.  If true, that could mean Jamie's is not doing as well as Giovanni's.

 

With Jamie Oliver's restaurants going bust and declaring bankruptcy in the UK I'm guessing the relationship is pretty much over, or on hold.

Edited by twangster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

 

With Jamie Oliver's restaurants going bust and declaring bankruptcy in the UK I'm guessing the relationship is pretty much over, or on hold.

Different enough menu's that I can see Giovanni's holding on.  Maybe they eventually leave Jamie's for just the Quantum class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

It seems like it’s just me and you that feel that way. Unfortunately every Oasis Class ship will now have it. 

 

mac_tlc

nope... i'm right there with you.  Loved the far aft balcony cabins on Boardwalk before... now, the giant purple mess is in the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...