AMEX Offer

Charles4515

For those who have AMEX cards they added an AMEX offer of $150 credit for spending  $500  from now thru 8/30/19. Unfortunately a few weeks to late for me a few weeks after final payment.

Edited by Charles4515

56 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

Does it apply for a gold card?

Every card has 100 offers that expire at different times. You have to check your offers as there seems to be different offers to different people on different cards. It was on my Platinum Card but it could be on your Gold Card. You will have 100 offers but you have check if you have that one. I don’t have a Gold Card but I have a couple of other AMEX cards and some offers are on all three and some only on one card. If the offer is there you have to add it to your card. Also if the offer is not there now it may appear later when some of the offers on your card now expire. 

Edited by Charles4515

I have 3 Amex cards, I'll check my offers. Although I don't have any payments due I might buy some OBC, it'll be refundable so if we don't spend it then it would be a win win. 

I see I have it on one card, but not on either of the two I would prefer to use that would earn me benefits. 

14 hours ago, ORV said:

I have 3 Amex cards, I'll check my offers. Although I don't have any payments due I might buy some OBC, it'll be refundable so if we don't spend it then it would be a win win. 

I see I have it on one card, but not on either of the two I would prefer to use that would earn me benefits. 

Depending on how the OBC purchase gets posted, it may or may not qualify for this offer. It needs to look like a reservation payment.

Once added to one card you won't see it on other cards under your name. Also, travel offers like this generally do not show up on co-branded cards (like Delta). 

If you have any Authorized User cards, you may be able to add it to their card by using their login, and then you can use it an additional time on that card.

16 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Also if the offer is not there now it may appear later when some of the offers on your card now expire. 

If you have 100 offers available (which seems to be the max that the system shows) but don't see this one, just add a bunch of offers and refresh the page and hopefully it will show up. There is no harm in loading offers, even if you have no plans to use them.

I do believe if I read correctly that it also applies to excursions and packages booked online in advance.  But if it show as a Bon Voyage gift it won't work. There are also some offers that I have on all of the cards, just not this one.  Here are the T & C. 

Offer Terms

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 7/8/2019 and 8/30/2019 with Oceania Cruises online at oceaniacruises.com or by calling 1-855-623-2642. Includes excursions and packages booked and paid for online. Reservations must be booked on US website only. Excludes onboard purchases, excursions and packages booked and paid for on ship, Canyon Ranch Spa, Bon Voyage Gifts, Oceania Cruises Bed Collection, Land Tour Series, Culinary Discovery Tours, and Hotel Programs. Excludes Norwegian Cruise Line and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/30/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GDT5:0001

42 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

I have Carnival and Holland America offers but not Oceania.  Too bad as need to put my deposit down. 

Add some of the other offers to your card and refresh the page. More offers will be added and it might come up.  I did that once to get a Hilton offer that I wanted. It did take a bunch of adds. I think I did 5 at time and at 30 the offer I wanted came up. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

SPOKE WITH AMEX. I explained that I made a reservation on Oceania about two weeks ago and that final payment isn’t due for several months yet. I said that I would happily make an additional payment on that booking before 8/30 if it meant getting the $150 statement credit. The agent seemed to indicate that I WOULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CREDIT. Hopefully he is correct!

10 hours ago, Mrshoffy said:

Fine print: the offer applies to bookings made between July 8 and August 30, 2019😢

These offers always say that and they always work on additional payments for cruises booked earlier. They have no way of knowing what cruise the payment is for. All that matters is that they see a transaction from Oceania. And I see you called AMEX and were told the same thing.

Sometimes believing the fine print is a bad idea.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

I'm going to have to call Amex I guess. I'm not sure if you use a TA if that will work for the offer?

If the charge is made to Oceania it will work. TA’s put the charge thru Oceania. You don’t want to use a TA who does not put the charge to the cruise line. All you have to do is add the offer to your card on the AMEX website.  

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If the charge is made to Oceania it will work. TA’s put the charge thru Oceania. You don’t want to use a TA who does not put the charge to the cruise line. All you have to do is add the offer to your card on the AMEX website.  

Thanks! yes, she does...it shows up on our statement as Oceania. I did add the offer last week. 🙂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ORV said:

Did you activate the offer? Does your charge show to Oceania or to your Travel Agency? 

Yes, activated offer last month, double checked before I made payment. It shows payment made through Oceana. Payment was posted yesterday & offer is still on my account.

16 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, activated offer last month, double checked before I made payment. It shows payment made through Oceana. Payment was posted yesterday & offer is still on my account.

It usually takes a few days for the credit to post. 

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It usually takes a few days for the credit to post. 

Credit posted today - in the past with Princess, NCL & Holland it posted within an hour of making the payment & Amex sent e -mail saying I used offer. 

I notice that the BB&Beyond offer I used the same day as paying for Oceana showed up in my account at the same time with no e-mail, so maybe they're changing the way credit is handled.