Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, little britain said:

...yeah... and whether the bed is next to the balcony or the bath..... really important stuff like that....

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a post in another site showing Odyssey scheduled to dock in Athens Pireaus May 16 2021.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, little britain said:

There is a post in another site showing Odyssey scheduled to dock in Athens Pireaus May 16 2021.... 

 

That would be encouraging. It would mean it’s not doing the standard western med ports that Oasis did this year and Allure is doing next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 6:11 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Odyssey of the Seas is registered at the port of Piraeus Athens on 16/5, 25/5, 3/6, 4/9, 13/9, 22/9, 1/10, 11/10, 21/10, 2/11. So this suggests deployment at Eastern Mediterranean at Late Spring & Fall 2021.

 

This was posted earlier this month on the Deployment page. 

 

47 minutes ago, little britain said:

There is a post in another site showing Odyssey scheduled to dock in Athens Pireaus May 16 2021.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are interested in doing the TA from Southampton to US.

If anyone sees that posting from RCI, please let me know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rkr said:

We are interested in doing the TA from Southampton to US.

Follow the 21-22 deployment thread; all the info will be in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted a brochure from a UK TA that listed the Odyssey TA as beginning either Oct. 22 or Dec. 22 (2020) from Southampton.  Both dates were on the flyer so we suspect one was a typo.  I would suspect Oct. 22 is the correct date. However, nothing has been "officially released yet and you can't book anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rkr said:

We are interested in doing the TA from Southampton to US.

If anyone sees that posting from RCI, please let me know.

 

Kathy me and the Harmon ladies are anxiously awaiting for the confirmation on the TA - rumour has it as being Oct 22, 2020 but nothing official yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of a local travel agent's Annual Cruise Fair here in Belfast, North of Ireland. I got the lady to ask the RCI rep about the confusion about the Odyssey TA. The RCI lady says that it should not have been in the brouchure as the dates and ports are still being finialized and, all being well, bookings for Odyssey will be open for all to book by end of thia month, September 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just out of a local travel agent's Annual Cruise Fair here in Belfast, North of Ireland. I got the lady to ask the RCI rep about the confusion about the Odyssey TA. The RCI lady says that it should not have been in the brouchure as the dates and ports are still being finialized and, all being well, bookings for Odyssey will be open for all to book by end of thia month, September 2019.

 

Thanks for the update. It would ne nice if they would publish a preview of the itineraries once the ports are finalized before the sale opens. On the other hand it's hard to believe they don't have the ports finalized yet even though they have a pretty good idea when the ship is due to be in service and from where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are very interested in this ship and the TA sailing next fall. I think I'm the only person I know who has held off booking for Fall 2020 waiting for this to come out.  I honestly think they will have it for sale in the next week or so.  I'd just love to know if there's a Med cruise or something before it, as we would likely do that, too. If not, we will spend some time in Ireland and hop over to England before sailing (spent three weeks there on land in past years).   Can't wait to see how this shakes out. 

To those who sailed and loved Spectrum already, what made her that much different from Quantum and ships in Quantum class?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

We are very interested in this ship and the TA sailing next fall. I think I'm the only person I know who has held off booking for Fall 2020 waiting for this to come out. ....

Karen, you are not the only one!

 

We do have a bit of a conundrum though.  Our DIL has her 40th B’day on Oct. 28 and we promised we would be in town. We have been cruising the last four years for her B’day so we need to honor the commitment. If the October 22 date holds it will be a No-Go.  But if it pushes to Nov. 1 or later we will probably make it happen! Otherwise, it will be nice to spend the fall in Tucson for a change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eel said:

Karen, you are not the only one!

 

We do have a bit of a conundrum though.  Our DIL has her 40th B’day on Oct. 28 and we promised we would be in town. We have been cruising the last four years for her B’day so we need to honor the commitment. If the October 22 date holds it will be a No-Go.  But if it pushes to Nov. 1 or later we will probably make it happen! Otherwise, it will be nice to spend the fall in Tucson for a change!

You are a good dad and mom. I am glad I didn't make that promise. Our twins (our babies!) will be 40 next Spring, and we will be in Sydney!  We will have an early celebration before we leave (six days before their birthday).  We are taking everyone cruising the last week of March. I need to plan a big celebration onboard that cruise!

We don't have a TA this fall...settling for the Navigator and B2B Symphony cruises instead...looking forward to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

To those who sailed and loved Spectrum already, what made her that much different from Quantum and ships in Quantum class?

Since we haven't yet seen deck plans for Odyssey, they may have re-done some of the areas. We were in JSs, and we had access to the Silver Lounge. We didn't even know about that when we booked the cabins, so it was a special treat for us. This was a wonderful area where we could have breakfast and lunch, and they had the cocktail hours there every night. That was the biggest difference, and we absolutely loved it! However, Spectrum was built with the Chinese market in mind, so this may not exist on Odyssey. It will also be interesting to see what they put in place of the Hot Pot restaurant that was on Odyssey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Since we haven't yet seen deck plans for Odyssey, they may have re-done some of the areas. We were in JSs, and we had access to the Silver Lounge. We didn't even know about that when we booked the cabins, so it was a special treat for us. This was a wonderful area where we could have breakfast and lunch, and they had the cocktail hours there every night. That was the biggest difference, and we absolutely loved it! However, Spectrum was built with the Chinese market in mind, so this may not exist on Odyssey. It will also be interesting to see what they put in place of the Hot Pot restaurant that was on Odyssey.

 

The location of HotPot would suggest the pizza place would slot back in

 

I would also guess the pub will return in place of the tea room

 

They will miss a trick if they don't squeeze a Playmakers in somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

You are a good dad and mom. I am glad I didn't make that promise. Our twins (our babies!) will be 40 next Spring, and we will be in Sydney!  We will have an early celebration before we leave (six days before their birthday).  We are taking everyone cruising the last week of March. I need to plan a big celebration onboard that cruise!

We don't have a TA this fall...settling for the Navigator and B2B Symphony cruises instead...looking forward to that. 

 

We are doing a family cruise in February on Harmony but that is a bit too early for an October Birthday celebration!  

 

We also don’t have a TA this fall but are doing an 11 night Equinox cruise, a week in the Florida Keys followed by Symphony. That will have to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, little britain said:

Melody in Spring 2021 makes her an ideal contender for the Barcelona summer season.

 

Still nothing on Odyssey with about 14 months to sail date.  Don't they know they have a ship to fill?!

 

in 2021 Harmony will come to Europe for her dry dock, I doubt they will have two Oasis Class based in Europe simultaniously. It might be the chance to  move one of the Oasis Class ships to Australia / Asia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Since we haven't yet seen deck plans for Odyssey, they may have re-done some of the areas. We were in JSs, and we had access to the Silver Lounge. We didn't even know about that when we booked the cabins, so it was a special treat for us. This was a wonderful area where we could have breakfast and lunch, and they had the cocktail hours there every night. That was the biggest difference, and we absolutely loved it! However, Spectrum was built with the Chinese market in mind, so this may not exist on Odyssey. It will also be interesting to see what they put in place of the Hot Pot restaurant that was on Odyssey.

 

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

 

The location of HotPot would suggest the pizza place would slot back in

 

I would also guess the pub will return in place of the tea room

 

They will miss a trick if they don't squeeze a Playmakers in somewhere

 

I would image that quite a few things would change as this would be the first Ultra Quantum Class built for the US Market. Perhaps a cross between Spectrum, Ovation and Anthem, and with new offerings. 

Good point about Playmakers. I here that it's a hit on the ships that have it. Maybe in the spot they have Wonderland on Spectrum. Or were they have the Bionic Bar currently then move the Bionic bar to the Wonderland spot. 

I can also see changes to the cabin configuration and adding more JS cabins with two baths in the mid ship area. Let's hope RCI gives us some pleasant surprises on this ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

 

in 2021 Harmony will come to Europe for her dry dock, I doubt they will have two Oasis Class based in Europe simultaniously. It might be the chance to  move one of the Oasis Class ships to Australia / Asia

There’s a few issues with the oasis class in Australia and NZ.

Bio security with the gardens and tender capacity.

 Ovation was purpose built with the highest tender capacity in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a few issues with the oasis class in Australia and NZ.

Bio security with the gardens and tender capacity.

 Ovation was purpose built with the highest tender capacity in the world.

 

The Oasis Class is not intended for Tendering, hence the ship would need to be able to dock at each port. The ship is intened for sea days mainly, hence if based in Brisbane you would need the "Perfect day island" + maybe two other ports to make up a itinarary for approx 7 days+-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

 

The Oasis Class is not intended for Tendering, hence the ship would need to be able to dock at each port. The ship is intened for sea days mainly, hence if based in Brisbane you would need the "Perfect day island" + maybe two other ports to make up a itinarary for approx 7 days+-

 

I think I read that Royal did plan to make at least a couple more Coco Cay type attractions on islands near Australia and Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s talk from Royal of private island,there’s a few for sale in the barrier reef.Hamilton Island would be a big contender.It already has a resort and airport.

 They just need to change the signs 

 

 Then there’s Noumea with a harbour the can take any ship.Theres a couple of other ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 9:36 AM, internetwhiz said:

We are very interested in this ship and the TA sailing next fall. I think I'm the only person I know who has held off booking for Fall 2020 waiting for this to come out.  I honestly think they will have it for sale in the next week or so.  I'd just love to know if there's a Med cruise or something before it, as we would likely do that, too. If not, we will spend some time in Ireland and hop over to England before sailing (spent three weeks there on land in past years).   Can't wait to see how this shakes out. 

To those who sailed and loved Spectrum already, what made her that much different from Quantum and ships in Quantum class?

 

We too are holding off booking a fall 2020 TA cruise, we have booked b2b on the Allure starting December 6th so would be open to whatever date she crosses, filling any in between time with some land time in Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Here's my guess based on the deployment of the rest of the fleet - she goes on alternating 6 & 8 night sailings from Ft. Lauderdale with the 8 night sailings hitting 1 or 2 of the ABC islands & CoCoCay and the 6 night doing Cozumel/Falmouth/Labadee.  I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering or mind blowing from Royal on this one .... other than excessively high pricing!

 

Nailed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...