Will Oasis change Cats during dry dock?

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Why mess with perfection. 😇

Actually I'm guessing there may be an abbreviated version coming out. 

New motion picture comes out December 20th. Not sure how long it is. 

Well if they abbreviate it... they can just stop at intermission, because that is when everyone thinks it is over anyway. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Perhaps they can issue a disclaimer that Cats isn't a typical musical in that there isn't a "real" story but its just a collection of some good, some forgettable songs (along with music so loud its hard to hear the actual words to the song) and some really good dancing.

And, maybe since cats do not like water, it's a show better seem on land. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We chatted with the stage manager that did the install of Mama Mia! and he said that for CATS, Andrew Lloyd Webber insisted that every single thing be exactly the same as the Broadway version. He even flew in to inspect the production prior to it premiering on board. He was very picky - every prop exactly the same. RCI do not  have the ability to change or modify the production without express permission from ALW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

I wish they would change it. However, the second part was better than the first. Even though I am a crazy cat lady, this was not as good as I would have hoped. 

The sad thing about the second half being better is that I can never make it past intermission. 

I’ve tried several times in several theaters, but half is all I can do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We chatted with the stage manager that did the install of Mama Mia! and he said that for CATS, Andrew Lloyd Webber insisted that every single thing be exactly the same as the Broadway version. He even flew in to inspect the production prior to it premiering on board. He was very picky - every prop exactly the same. RCI do not  have the ability to change or modify the production without express permission from ALW. 

I would think at the very least that Royal has the right to stop performing the show, even before the contract runs out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Well if they abbreviate it... they can just stop at intermission, because that is when everyone thinks it is over anyway. 🤣

I believe the OP meant install a new show. 

I seems like Cats has run forever. 

• Like 1

I was hopeful that it would change since The original Hairspray and Chicago were replaced, but given that they have not announced anything ( still time 🤞) and that they have announced that Mamma Mia is staying on Allure after it’s dry dock I am not optimistic it will be replaced.

mac_tlc

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Perhaps they can issue a disclaimer that Cats isn't a typical musical in that there isn't a "real" story but its just a collection of some good, some forgettable songs (along with music so loud its hard to hear the actual words to the song) and some really good dancing.

I suppose moving CATS to the Aquatheatre is out of the question then? 😁

Also ALW would probably not approve...

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 1

Just saw the mention of loud music.  This is not the fault of CATS.  We just experienced the same issue at every show on Allure.  That's basically the fault of whoever is controlling the sound. I'm convinced the sound engineer on Allure is deaf!!!

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We should all bring water bottles, and see if we can shut it down.

catbehavior6-300x169-1.jpg.c378fb0eee7bd38e978b5e5712f9b93f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4