Will Oasis change Cats during dry dock?

4 hours ago, Drock20J said:

The tire was broken on our cruising as well.

I feel sorry for the cast on that trip. They were all troopers, but they HATED serving food in the Windjammer.

I got water from Skimbleshanks.  His mom was onboard. 😥

Met him again at the cast meet and greet in February.  Thanked him for helping out

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Thanks. Lots of Victoria, but gotta love Bombalurina 🐱

Fitting that Judi Dench gets to play Old Deuteronomy,  she should have played Grizabella in the original West End production 30+ years ago.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sandebeach said:

With all the hype going on for the new CATS movie, and the cast of actresses/actors (Taylor Swift, Judi Dench, Jennifer Hudson and many more), there may be a brand new audience of cruisers who will be eager to see Cats after seeing the movie. 

I've been saying that for months now😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Here you go, @John&LaLa -- enjoy it!

17 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oh, crud, brillohead.  I was just coming here to post this!  You beat me to it!

Me too.  

Now, John can just stay home the movie with Bella.  What will she think.🤔

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, John Reid said:

Word is that in a cost cutting measure similar to what's happening to headliners, the new movie will be shown instead.

We were on Allure in June and headliner show was an Acapello group.  I seem to remember them playing in the lounges on a previous sailing.  You can see Acapello groups every night in Philly.  I much prefer entertainment on Celebrity.  Different show every night, early and late performances, no reservations and three production shows!  THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oh, crud, brillohead.  I was just coming here to post this!  You beat me to it!

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Me too.  

I was impressed that I beat Bob / @Host Clarea to the punch.... looks like I swept the trifecta!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A friend posted it on Facebook, and as soon as I saw it, I knew who needed to see it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I was impressed that I beat Bob / @Host Clarea to the punch.... looks like I swept the trifecta!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A friend posted it on Facebook, and as soon as I saw it, I knew who needed to see it!

Bob definitely would not have posted this link. 

I'd bet money on that. 😉

And I'm on Empress with VOOM Lite

Screenshot_20190718-224812_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.7d6770da4428b254f153c0c490014a42.jpg

St John's was nice today, though.

20190718_111806.thumb.jpg.b8be9fe1397eef76e630d72f574a77ed.jpg

No cats, lots of chickens

Edited by John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bob definitely would not have posted this link. 

I'd bet money on that. 😉

And I'm on Empress with VOOM Lite

Screenshot_20190718-224812_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.7d6770da4428b254f153c0c490014a42.jpg

St John's was nice today, though.

20190718_111806.thumb.jpg.b8be9fe1397eef76e630d72f574a77ed.jpg

No cats, lots of chickens

Ironic that you missed San Juan, they have cats.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks. Lots of Victoria, but gotta love Bombalurina 🐱

Fitting that Judi Dench gets to play Old Deuteronomy,  she should have played Grizabella in the original West End production 30+ years ago.

I am still wondering why there is SO MUCH Victoria... she is not a part of the plot at all and is just a great dancer.

Also, I am not too happy with Judy Dench Casting. Ken Page (The original OD) is still VERY active and would be amazing to hear him in this role again.

Overall this was a WAY more creep trailer than the second part of "IT." I honestly do not know how I feel about this... I have a feeling it will be a mere shell of what we know and love.

4 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

I am still wondering why there is SO MUCH Victoria... she is not a part of the plot at all and is just a great dancer.

Also, I am not too happy with Judy Dench Casting. Ken Page (The original OD) is still VERY active and would be amazing to hear him in this role again.

Overall this was a WAY more creep trailer than the second part of "IT." I honestly do not know how I feel about this... I have a feeling it will be a mere shell of what we know and love.

Focus Groups😉

This movie alone makes me think ALW is willing to sell out his beloved musical for $$$$

So maybe there is a shortened version in the works for Oasis

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Focus Groups😉

This movie alone makes me think ALW is willing to sell out his beloved musical for $$$$

So maybe there is a shortened version in the works for Oasis

There have been changes made to the show since it's original London opening years ago. Some songs were cut or rewritten to appeal to Americans when the show moved to Broadway.  Some of the dance routines have evolved with more hip-hop elements.

No doubt, ALW probably authorized all the changes.  But the show can be changed and nothing is set in stone.

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

There have been changes made to the show since it's original London opening years ago. Some songs were cut or rewritten to appeal to Americans when the show moved to Broadway.  Some of the dance routines have evolved with more hip-hop elements.

No doubt, ALW probably authorized all the changes.  But the show can be changed and nothing is set in stone.

General tone on these boards is that Royal had to produce the latest touring version when they signed the contract 5 years ago. 

Just sharing

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

General tone on these boards is that Royal had to produce the latest touring version when they signed the contract 5 years ago. 

Just sharing

Hmmm, wondering if given the choice between having the show replaced or modifying (shortening)  it to renew for another 5 years, what would ALW do?

The production on the Oasis is the original Broadway version.

In subsequent versions they remove the Growltiger's Last Stand/Ballad of Billy McCaw. This takes about 15 minutes off the show that no many people even realized was missing!

• Like 1