Way to Go Carnival!

Haveuseen1

I thought we might want to compliment how well Carnival handled the relocation of Tropical Storm Barry and the Valor.  I am sure the passengers were all frustrated from the butter tubs, the lack of straws, not being able to share their Cheers drinks, the long lines at the buffet, the chair savers around the pool, the lack of pencils in the rooms, the the charging for certain room service items, the delivery fee, and I am sure I missed a dozen other things.

The good news is, it seems that they did a great job of moving passengers to/from Mobile & New Orleans over a weather issue that they had absolutely no control of. From what I saw on the news it all went as well as it could.

Way to go Carnival.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You are too new of a CC user to have such a jaded view of other users. And you haven't been around long enough to see how some of the topics you mentioned have been repeatedly complained about for years. I can't help but wonder if you're an old user with a new username. Your passive-aggressive jab at people who complain about the straws is interesting considering you spoke out against Carnival eliminating the straws in the thread about their court hearing. You said it was a "feelgood thing" and that they should start somewhere that actually makes a difference because you spend a lot of time at gulf beaches and never see straws wash up on shore.

Your comment about their handling of the storm would've been much nicer if you didn't feel the need to take a cheap shot at everyone else. Not sure what that accomplishes, other than to make yourself feel big.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Haveuseen1 said:

I thought we might want to compliment how well Carnival handled the relocation of Tropical Storm Barry and the Valor.  I am sure the passengers were all frustrated from the butter tubs, the lack of straws, not being able to share their Cheers drinks, the long lines at the buffet, the chair savers around the pool, the lack of pencils in the rooms, the the charging for certain room service items, the delivery fee, and I am sure I missed a dozen other things.

The good news is, it seems that they did a great job of moving passengers to/from Mobile & New Orleans over a weather issue that they had absolutely no control of. From what I saw on the news it all went as well as it could.

Way to go Carnival.

good post, hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 4

The OP makes it sound like Carnival did something extraordinary. All they did was find a simple solution to a problem to ensure a ship was still able to sail and generate profits. While I would be happy if I was on this cruise and Carnival found a solution instead of cancelling the cruise, Carnival benefits by the solution they implemented. To me it was just a smart business decision that isn’t worthy of any special recognition. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

You are too new of a CC user to have such a jaded view of other users. And you haven't been around long enough to see how some of the topics you mentioned have been repeatedly complained about for years. I can't help but wonder if you're an old user with a new username. Your passive-aggressive jab at people who complain about the straws is interesting considering you spoke out against Carnival eliminating the straws in the thread about their court hearing. You said it was a "feelgood thing" and that they should start somewhere that actually makes a difference because you spend a lot of time at gulf beaches and never see straws wash up on shore.

Your comment about their handling of the storm would've been much nicer if you didn't feel the need to take a cheap shot at everyone else. Not sure what that accomplishes, other than to make yourself feel big.

Nice sleuthing...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Why do so many go after the person posting instead of positive views. What is it that so many just like to bash others. 

Why couldn't the OP just make a nice, positive comment about Carnival's handling of the storm instead of using it as a passive-aggressive attack on a large number of CC users? New users don't typically go after the CC community like that right out of the gate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The OP makes it sound like Carnival did something extraordinary

Where are you reading this?

9 hours ago, Haveuseen1 said:

The good news is, it seems that they did a great job of moving passengers to/from Mobile & New Orleans over a weather issue that they had absolutely no control of

Does this sound "extraordinary?" Sounds like they did their job as they usually do. Always surprises me when Carnival has to change a port, that there are all these  nefarious reasons. 

41 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Nice sleuthing.

almost stalking

• Haha 1

Carnival has a lot of experience shuttling guests between these two ports. They've had to do it on a number of occasions. I'm sure that they have all the necessary phone numbers on speed dial, by now, and can whip a plan together in a few hours time. They may end up having to do it one more time, before this storm moves out completely. 

Well, it might not have been good for some, but everyone waiting to be called on for debarkation, and everyone on our bus seemed to be in a good mood.   The only times I saw some people get edgy was in the traffic jam getting back into NOLA and in the lines of people waiting to get to their transportation and those getting on the bus for the next cruise.  Out of the hundreds of people I saw, only a few were not happy.    I think Carnival did a great job.   Getting 60+ buses organized, port authority personnel ready, getting customs notified in two different ports in less than 24 hours is pretty amazing.   True, Carnival has done this many times, and they have a protocol, but I have traveling experience with large groups, and I know it's tough to organize things as fast as they did.   I was impressed that it seemed to go as smoothly as it did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BTromboneFrack said:

Well, it might not have been good for some, but everyone waiting to be called on for debarkation, and everyone on our bus seemed to be in a good mood.   The only times I saw some people get edgy was in the traffic jam getting back into NOLA and in the lines of people waiting to get to their transportation and those getting on the bus for the next cruise.  Out of the hundreds of people I saw, only a few were not happy.    I think Carnival did a great job.   Getting 60+ buses organized, port authority personnel ready, getting customs notified in two different ports in less than 24 hours is pretty amazing.   True, Carnival has done this many times, and they have a protocol, but I have traveling experience with large groups, and I know it's tough to organize things as fast as they did.   I was impressed that it seemed to go as smoothly as it did.

It's a logistical nightmare with having to arrange for large numbers of buses and drivers going in both directions. Especially finding drivers who might have better things to do like prepare and protect their homes against a storm. And the unknown of what they are going to need for Glory, Valor, and Fantasy in the near future. I don't recall a scenario exactly like this, and not sure anything similar has been done lots of times.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Why couldn't the OP just make a nice, positive comment about Carnival's handling of the storm instead of using it as a passive-aggressive attack on a large number of CC users? New users don't typically go after the CC community like that right out of the gate.

Good observation and makes you think this is not the person’s first time posting on CC. 

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It's a logistical nightmare with having to arrange for large numbers of buses and drivers going in both directions. Especially finding drivers who might have better things to do like prepare and protect their homes against a storm. And the unknown of what they are going to need for Glory, Valor, and Fantasy in the near future. I don't recall a scenario exactly like this, and not sure anything similar has been done lots of times.

Kudo's to Carnival, I think they did good

For the record, I do think Carnival handled this very well. Someone had posted in another thread a few days ago and said that someone on the Valor posted to FB that they were being diverted to Florida. I was wondering how the heck Carnival would get those passengers all the way back to New Orleans from FL. As it turned out, you can't believe everything you read on the internet (shocking right?) and they went to Mobile. Kudos to them for getting everyone taken care of.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, Haveuseen1 said:

Way to go Carnival.

Thanks for sharing!

But what is this about no pencils in the room? 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:48 PM, Organized Chaos said:

It does not take one long to see that there is a high number on CC who simply put hate 
Carnival. I am shocked there was not a few threads on here complaining that Carnival made the switch.

I assume the poster meant to say no pens in the room, since Carnival recently switched from providing a pen in cabins to providing a pencil instead. 

on no! I will have to cancel the cruise I just booked-no pen for me

I assume the poster meant to say no pens in the room, since Carnival recently switched from providing a pen in cabins to providing a pencil instead. 

I was making a little joke. Pens and pencils are not a big deal. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, Thorncroft said:

Carnival has a lot of experience shuttling guests between these two ports. They've had to do it on a number of occasions. I'm sure that they have all the necessary phone numbers on speed dial, by now, and can whip a plan together in a few hours time. They may end up having to do it one more time, before this storm moves out completely. 

Way too much experience with this, unfortunately.

• Haha 1